Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Arkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Arkle

All Arkle discussion here...

Think everyone is over reacting a little re Magic Daze. It was her first run of the season and she wouldn't be anywhere near fully wound up at this point. A few of Henry's better horses have needed their runs and have appeared to blow up at the end of their races, Annie G being another. Robbie Power was searching for the better ground as Henry has already said very soft ground does not suit her. She deserves another chance. Its March that counts.

Comment

I'm not even sure I'll bother making a book this year

Appreciate It isn't done and dusted, but

Okay, obviously I'll be making a book - but as plenty of us were huge Appreciate It fans last year, what on this earth is coming out of the pack to better him, when he has always looked like a horse made for a fence? Cliche - just so hard not to say though isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
        Think everyone is over reacting a little re Magic Daze. It was her first run of the season and she wouldn't be anywhere near fully wound up at this point. A few of Henry's better horses have needed their runs and have appeared to blow up at the end of their races, Annie G being another. Robbie Power was searching for the better ground as Henry has already said very soft ground does not suit her. She deserves another chance. Its March that counts.
        I agree. She was a 50/1 shot beforehand and essentially ran like one today. I have her ew and it's the 10/1 place that I'm realistically hoping for. 10/1 3 places (or 13/1ish 3 places as it is now could look very very tasty in a six runner arkle field if ferny or appreciate it scary a lot off

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I'm not even sure I'll bother making a book this year

Appreciate It isn't done and dusted, but

Okay, obviously I'll be making a book - but as plenty of us were huge Appreciate It fans last year, what on this earth is coming out of the pack to better him, when he has always looked like a horse made for a fence? Cliche - just so hard not to say though isn't it!
          Ferny Hollow over a fence may be the spanner there

Comment

Originally posted by Run4Home View Post

Ferny Hollow over a fence may be the spanner there
            May be.

Only jumped 9 obstacles under rules and coming off a 12 month lay off, he's not a horse I'd be overly worried about before I saw him back out again to see what ability is still there... but definitely has those two lovely looking bits of form to his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post

I agree. She was a 50/1 shot beforehand and essentially ran like one today. I have her ew and it's the 10/1 place that I'm realistically hoping for. 10/1 3 places (or 13/1ish 3 places as it is now could look very very tasty in a six runner arkle field if ferny or appreciate it scary a lot off
              Not usually many runners in the Arkle
              Henry likes a runner, big time
              She ran like a quick 2M chaser, for most of the race
              10/1 a place could look massive on the day
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Are we all certain the Arkle is where FH will be targeted? Its normally a given that Supreme winners end up in the Arkle in which case AI goes that route. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ferney in the Marsh. They learnt to settle him to win the Cheltenham bumper. Those tactics would give him every chance of staying beyond 2 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

I thought she jumped very well and was tanking through the race. I think she just got tired which, as Lobos mentioned, seems to be the case with De Bromhead’s horses thus far this season. I fully expect her win some races and I think 2m will be perfect for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post

I thought she jumped very well and was tanking through the race. I think she just got tired which, as Lobos mentioned, seems to be the case with De Bromhead’s horses thus far this season. I fully expect her win some races and I think 2m will be perfect for her.
                    2 Miles definitely looks her trip.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                      Are we all certain the Arkle is where FH will be targeted? Its normally a given that Supreme winners end up in the Arkle in which case AI goes that route. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ferney in the Marsh. They learnt to settle him to win the Cheltenham bumper. Those tactics would give him every chance of staying beyond 2 miles.
                      Depends on how he is a year older now, he managed to quicken away from Bob so 2 mile is definitely no issue and they could always send AI up in trip as they've always said he looks more of a stayer. Will know alot more after their debuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Absolutely. What is the average number of Arkle runners over the last 10 years? I doubt it's much over 8 ? As you say, Henry just adores the race and he'll try as hard as he can to have a runner in it .

Comment

Monmiral staying over hurdles according for Paul Nicholls this evening for those who can still cash out. Feel free to check Twitter etc.... before cashing out rather than just take my word but the Fighting Fifth is his early season target.

Comment

I have no idea why but I really don’t trust the article that came out today talking about FERNY going chasing. Seems strangely unlike WPM to give us accurate information so early.

As a side note: I thought he had a pelvis fracture rather than a ‘leg injury’ ?

I’ll believe it when I see an entry over a fence!!

Comment

I’m not buying into the Ferny over a fence yet. If he does go chasing I can see him going the Marsh route like Lobos mentioned. AI just wins the Arkle and the mare can pick up some place money.

Comment

Working...
                              X