Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual Challenge Cup Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan Maat looks a good shout for this @20/1 NRNB.

Clearly better ground is key to him as he has been put away since October and only ran on better ground.

Two solid runner up spots to Wicklow Brave in novice chases is solid form and will be rated in the low 140's after winning in October so should get in near bottom of the weights.

Comment

• Jan Maat given 142. Looks a great mark considering the form on offer

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
        Do we think Capeland could be a plot in this race?

Pitched in at the top level on his last 2 starts, beaten a long way on both occasions. Mark will surely have dropped on the back of that?

Ran well in handicaps this season and Nicholls does well in this race.
        Still on the same mark after winning at Ascot, was hoping he'd be dropped a few. Probably a bit too high off 153 for this now tbh

Comment

• Aye I was hoping for a couple lbs dropped at least.

Not to be. Strange how skeltons horse gets whacked with a rise running well in a grade 1 but capeland stays the same being smashed in 2 graded races.

Comment

• Us and Them being aimed here, sure someone mentioned him a few pages back.

Better ground jo’b is hoping for come the Friday and reckons he’ll have a chance although not running well this season so far.

Comment

• Borrowed from elsewhere:
              All 119 runners in last 15 Grand Annuals to have won a handicap chase that season were beaten.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                Borrowed from elsewhere:
                All 119 runners in last 15 Grand Annuals to have won a handicap chase that season were beaten.
                Interesting stat and quite surprising, points toward novices or plot horse. I'm a Game Changer fits both and not hit badly by British handicapper because he can use his English hurdle mark with Hobbs.
                Ben Dundee + 5lbs on his Irish mark
                I'm a Game Changer + 1lb

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                  Interesting stat and quite surprising, points toward novices or plot horse. I'm a Game Changer fits both and not hit badly by British handicapper because he can use his English hurdle mark with Hobbs.
                  Ben Dundee + 5lbs on his Irish mark
                  I'm a Game Changer + 1lb
                  Yeah, agree, Pendil. Reviewed this race and the weights today and he stands out to me. Added.

Comment

• Would be interested in the Irish horse Castlegrace Paddy

Though he finished last the other day does normally run in Graded races

25-1 with Bet 365..Non Runner no bet is worth an each way try

Comment

• Originally posted by Top Of The Form View Post
                      Would be interested in the Irish horse Castlegrace Paddy

Though he finished last the other day does normally run in Graded races

25-1 with Bet 365..Non Runner no bet is worth an each way try

Backed him last night

Ran in QM last year.....has run few races much higher than his current mark....and fits trend of horses that are good, but not won in same season (hence retaining good mark)

Not sure re EW though, given we are not sure re current form, nor placed at previous festival
                      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• I'm A Game Changer running in Ireland tomorrow in the Grade 3 Flying Bolt. Not sure if many take in this and Cheltenham.

Looking at recent Flying Bolt winners, nothing then turned up and won at Cheltenham, even when the FB was run earlier than it is this season.
                        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 28 February 2020, 10:27 AM.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                          I'm A Game Changer running in Ireland tomorrow in the Grade 3 Flying Bolt. Not sure if many take in this and Cheltenham.

Looking at recent Flying Bolt winners, nothing then turned up and won at Cheltenham, even when the FB was run earlier than it is this season.
                          Bugger that was my immediate reaction to that declaration SW. But on looking back the horse has a history of running 2 or 3 races in quick succession after a break. Saying that, running him on Navan heavy doesn't look the right move and I wouldn't back him to win tomorrow.
                          TG and B365 on this occasion for NRNB

Comment

• Yeah was just going to say he ran three times in the space of a month prior to Christmas so obviously takes his racing well, I’d imagine Gordon was being a cute hoor & minding his mark before the festival weights were published. A Sky request a bet Flyingbolt/Grand Annual double mightn’t be a bad shout if anyone wants to request it!

Comment

• You have to assume IAGC, and also Stratum, are declared to run as opposed to having a racecourse gallop and will be virtual non triers.
                              I think the penalties for a win after the weights are announced is 5lb in handicaps, I wouldn't be expecting anything more than a second gear canter from either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                You have to assume IAGC, and also Stratum, are declared to run as opposed to having a racecourse gallop and will be virtual non triers.
                                I think the penalties for a win after the weights are announced is 5lb in handicaps, I wouldn't be expecting anything more than a second gear canter from either...
                                Wasn’t aware of the 5lb hike for winning after the weights reveal, scrap my previous remarks so.

Comment

Working...
                                X