Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashed out of Pic D’Orhy for full return (thanks to getting 40/1 early), and moved the bet over my other selection The Cashel Man @ 25/1 (with cash out available).

The Cashel Man - 25/1 Coral Cup

Henderson does well in the race, always has fancied runners.
    Rated 91 on the flat, lots of experience
    2nd season hurdler, btn Neck by Pym, and Neck by Reserve Tank in three runner-ups in novices before winning by 7 lengths in summer.
    10 length win at Newbury in handicap debut, ensuring rating puts him nicely into this race with OR 147
    Still as a novice, he was able to run in a Grade 1 Tolworth over 2M4F and gave Thyme Hill a race, when beaten by 1&1/2 lengths.
    I know it’s not usually the best Grade 1 Novice Hurdle, but how many will line up in Coral Cup beaten only 1&1/2 lengths in a Grade 1 earlier in the season.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 18 January 2020, 01:44 PM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      While on the County Hurdle thread, I thought about Thomas Darby, but I think this might be the race for him.

He's not good enough to win a CH, and although he did well in the Supreme on the Old Course, and extra year on his back I think the extra distance will beinf out improvement.

Before he went chasing I thought he'd potentially end up a JLT/Marsh horse and now, because he's with Olly Murphy I'm starting to think he's a bit of a player here.

Olly Murphy was assistant with Gordon Elliott when Diamond King was plotted and won the Coral Cup, and if I'm right in recalling, Olly was pretty much doing a Harry Fry for Nicholls or Joseph for AOB at the time? The owners transferred Diamond King to Olly Murphy I've just seen as well.

I'm maybe jumping the gun now but they've sent him another horse, and would a plot for the Coral Cup be on their minds?

Entered tomorrow over 2m3f....

I dopn't know what I want to happen, but I've just convinced myself this is an absolute plot and Thomas Darby wins all.

Placing in a Supreme then returning in a handicap would be of interest for any horse at 33/1 surely?

No point putting me off this, I reckon I'll have backed it before you've read it.
      Into 16/1 with 365 after winning at 10/1 today

PP still 33/1 and probably full cashout available.

Not sure what the plan will be now though

Comment

Into 16/1 with 365 after winning at 10/1 today

PP still 33/1 and probably full cashout available.

Not sure what the plan will be now though
        Going to be mid 150's after that?

Comment

Going to likely save him for aintree they just said on ITV

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Going to be mid 150's after that?
            Yeh, well I hoped he was a graded horse

Prefer him to be better handicapped, but I'm happy enough, won today at 10/1 - a bird in the hand and all that...

Comment

Same backed him today and NRNB for the coral so no harm done

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Hes a 2miler.
                Hopefully drops for the imperial cup.
                Bot too early to be sure of that for me. Plenty of stamina in his breeding and has run enough races on very soft ground over 2m2f in France to think he can stay 2 1/2 on better ground.

Comment

Yeh, well I hoped he was a graded horse

Prefer him to be better handicapped, but I'm happy enough, won today at 10/1 - a bird in the hand and all that...
                  Yeah well done today

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    Yeah well done today
                    Not sure what to do now, will sit on my hands and come back to it tomorrow

Comment

TD is 25/1 for the Champion Hurdle now. That market is reacting wildly to anything that is capable of 155 upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        TD is 25/1 for the Champion Hurdle now. That market is reacting wildly to anything that is capable of 155 upwards.
                        may as well throw him in the Churdle, I have taken the 25s EW NRNB, we know he has course form.

Comment

I’d have an interest in gardens of Babylon for this. I think a step up in trip would benefit him and he ran a nice race last year in the triumph. If I remember right Joseph mentioned there wasn’t much between him and fakir doudairies early on last season, which gives me a bit of encouragement that he could be ahead of his mark. Also owned by JP, who loves a handicap winner

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                            Cashed out of Pic D’Orhy for full return (thanks to getting 40/1 early), and moved the bet over my other selection The Cashel Man @ 25/1 (with cash out available).

The Cashel Man - 25/1 Coral Cup

Henderson does well in the race, always has fancied runners.
                            Rated 91 on the flat, lots of experience
                            2nd season hurdler, btn Neck by Pym, and Neck by Reserve Tank in three runner-ups in novices before winning by 7 lengths in summer.
                            10 length win at Newbury in handicap debut, ensuring rating puts him nicely into this race with OR 147
                            Still as a novice, he was able to run in a Grade 1 Tolworth over 2M4F and gave Thyme Hill a race, when beaten by 1&1/2 lengths.
                            I know it’s not usually the best Grade 1 Novice Hurdle, but how many will line up in Coral Cup beaten only 1&1/2 lengths in a Grade 1 earlier in the season.
                            Quevega and I were discussing this option after the Thyme Hill defeat. It’s a good plan as long as they don’t keep to Novice races this season.

Comment

This is interesting. He does run so many in a coral. The cashel man runnning at newbury only does worry me though. Great form though.

Who else could be running here though from hendo?

Comment

Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                                This is interesting. He does run so many in a coral. The cashel man runnning at newbury only does worry me though. Great form though.

Who else could be running here though from hendo?
                                Dame De Compagnie, Apples Shakira, Falco Blitz.

Comment

Working...
                                X