Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle

Not found the new race conditions in the 2020 Racing Programme re value for 2020, etc so 2019 figures are included.

TO CLOSE BY NOON ON FEBRUARY 18th

CHELTENHAM
    Friday, March 13th

Martin Pipe Comditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle (Class 2)

TOTAL RACE VALUE £70,000

Distributed in accordance with Stakes and Prize Money Code
    £43,330 to the winning horse The second to receive £12,866 the third £6,433, the fourth £3,206, the fifth £1,610, the sixth £812, the seventh £406 and the eighth £196

for four yrs old and upwards
    (Weight Range 0-145)

TWO MILES ABOUT FOUR FURLONG (2m 4f 56y)

Enter by noon, February 18th and pay £90 stake
    Confirm by noon, March 4th and pay £260
    Declare by 10.00 a.m. March 8th

Weights publish on February 26th
    Penalties, after February 23rd, 2020, a winner of a hurdle race 5lb
    (No penalty to increase a horse’s weight above 11st 12lb)

PLEASE NOTE: A novice or juvenile horse shall only be qualified to run in this race if it has run a minimum of three times in Hurdles in Great Britain, Ireland or France in accordance with paragraph 15 of the Weights and Handicapping Code

2020 Indefatigable 7-11-9 25/1 Paul Webber - Rex Dingle RPR 147 (OR 145)
    2019 Early Doors 6-11-10 5/1 Joseph Patrick O'Brien - Jonjo O'Neill Jr RPR 156 (OR 145)
    2018 Blow By Blow 7-11-10 11/1 Gordon Elliott - Donagh Meyler. RPR 152 (OR 144)
    2017 Champagne Classic. 6-11-3. 12/1. Gordon Elliott - J J Slevin. RPR 145 (OR 138)
    2016 Ibis Du Rheu. 5-11-7. 14/1. Paul Nicholls - Jack Sherwood. RPR 146 (OR 139)
    2015 Killultagh Vic. 6-11-1. 7/1. W P Mullins - L P Dempsey. RPR 147 (OR 135)
    2014 Don Poli. 5-11-5. 12/1. W P Mullins - M P Fogarty 3. RPR 153 (OR 143)
    2013 Salubrious. 6-11-5. 16/1. Paul Nicholls - Harry Derham 3. RPR 154 (OR 141)
    2012 Attaglance 6-11-3. 20/1. Malcolm Jefferson - Harry Haynes 3. RPR 147 (OR 139)
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————— —-
    After 2011 the race went from (0-140 handicap) to a (0-145 handicap)
    2011 Sir Des Champs. 5-11-3. 9/2F. W P Mullins - Emmet Mullins 3. RPR 143 (OR 135)
    2010 Pause And Clause. 6-11-10. 14/1. Emma Lavelle - Johnny Farrelly. RPR 146 (OR 140)

10 year Top and Bottom Handicap ratings
    2020 Top 145. Bottom 136. 24 ran (max field)
    2019 Top 145 Bottom 126 24 ran.
    2018 Top 144 Bottom 136 23 ran.
    2017 Top 145 Bottom 135 23 ran.
    2016 Top 142 Bottom 135 24 ran.
    2015 Top 144 Bottom 135 21 ran.
    2014 Top 146. Bottom 133 24 ran.
    2013 Top 145 Bottom 131 23 ran.
    2012 Top 145 Bottom 132 24 ran.
    ———————————————————
    Top rating max 140 before 2012
    2011 Top. 140 Bottom 127 23 ran.

The horses mentioned in the Handicaps thread for the Martin Pipe to date kicked off on 9th November with Kev picking out Column Of Fire, well done Kev.

Also mentioned since have been Dallas Des Pictons, Buildmeupbuttercup, Ilkedwayurthinkin, Garden Of Babylon, Embittered, Conflated, Sempo, Braid Blue, Dame De Compagnie.

My own choice for the race, is the same as Kev’s COLUMN OF FIRE, he has started well and dropped from an early price we obtained of 40/1 down to 16/1 in the last week, just hoping the handicappers in Ireland and England don’t raise him too much for his first hurdles victory this week.

Thread opened just for this race, enjoy.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 15 October 2020, 10:18 AM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

I'll move this tomorrow mate

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Cheers, just went looking for it, and was getting confused

Comment

Thanks Kev.

I completed the new threads for the Coral Cup and the County this morning, to finish all five Handicap Hurdle threads (my fav. puzzles)

I think there are probably four of the five Handicap Chases to be started (the Close Bros is already started), then we may have all 28.

Comment

Great effort from you SW on the new threads

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Great effort from you SW on the new threads
            Love to split out the handicap races from the bulk thread.

I went through 80-odd pages of them to compile the 5 Handicap Hurdle threads to try and mentions those horses the forum had picked for the each specific hurdle race. Also put on the first post to try the handicap low ratings needed for each race, for each of the last ten years, as I know it’s something people look for when deciding if a selection might sneak in at the bottom of the weights.

There was an awful lot of Any Race stuff early on, because the handicap prices didn’t go up until WH broke out with a full list of them.

It’s done now, well the Hurdles at least.

Comment

I have backed Umbrigado @28/1 for David Pipe to win hid dads race. He won his first 3 as a novice last year before being beaten 10l by Reserve Tank in the Grade1 @ Aintree - form has worked out well. First time out this year they raced over 3ml at Haydock where he travelled like a winner before tiring/not staying. They then moved him back to 2 ml for the Betfair, lost a shoe beaten 24l by Not so Sleepy. Only dropped 1lb but looks like a plot horse to me and this is his trip

Comment

We could do a Handicap Chasers and Handicap Hurdlers thread next year, to make it easier than going through 80 pages....

Somebody remind me in April.

Well done on these so far.

Conflated and Saint Roi (any race) are the other two I've backed for this.

Quite heavily leaning towards finding the Gigginstown runner.... might pay to work out what JP is lining up

*Charlie..... just thinking, the 'JP gambles' that was a previously 'poor trend', last year Sire Du Berlais and Early Doors won, I wonder how that level stakes +/- looks now?

I'm sure you'll be doing similar again this year?

Comment

We could do a Handicap Chasers and Handicap Hurdlers thread next year, to make it easier than going through 80 pages....

Somebody remind me in April.

Well done on these so far.

Conflated and Saint Roi (any race) are the other two I've backed for this.

Quite heavily leaning towards finding the Gigginstown runner.... might pay to work out what JP is lining up

*Charlie..... just thinking, the 'JP gambles' that was a previously 'poor trend', last year Sire Du Berlais and Early Doors won, I wonder how that level stakes +/- looks now?

I'm sure you'll be doing similar again this year?
                  Yeh il be doing some more of those in Feb for sure

Comment

Skelton mentioned they have targeted Flash the Steel at this on a podcast this week.....think was Betfair one

Sounded bit more of a plan than anything he has in the County.....and a trainer have learned to follow in this type of race

Only 16s in NRNB, which i prefer in handicaps.....and my first hcap bet of year
                    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                      Skelton mentioned they have targeted Flash the Steel at this on a podcast this week.....think was Betfair one

Sounded bit more of a plan than anything he has in the County.....and a trainer have learned to follow in this type of race

Only 16s in NRNB, which i prefer in handicaps.....and my first hcap bet of year
                      He mentioned it on itv opening show as well mate, price on 365 went from 40/1 to 20/1 within half hour.

Did seem pretty certain that that was the plan though.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        Love to split out the handicap races from the bulk thread.

I went through 80-odd pages of them to compile the 5 Handicap Hurdle threads to try and mentions those horses the forum had picked for the each specific hurdle race. Also put on the first post to try the handicap low ratings needed for each race, for each of the last ten years, as I know it’s something people look for when deciding if a selection might sneak in at the bottom of the weights.

There was an awful lot of Any Race stuff early on, because the handicap prices didn’t go up until WH broke out with a full list of them.

It’s done now, well the Hurdles at least.
                        I think you've done a Grand job Saxon , It is very useful splitting them up.
                        saves having to go back through every time . Definitely think H/Cap Chasers & Hurdlers threads next year.
                        As Kev mentioned a good call.

Comment

Interesting jockey booking on Run Wild Fred tomorrow. Could be getting some experience of the horse before a tilt at this. Or I could be reading too much into it.

Either way he’s one I’ll be keeping an eye on with a view to this race. Hills and Sky have him priced but I would have liked a little more than the 16s nrnb. Tempted though.

Comment

BOOM
                            After his facile win over the weekend the initial irish rating is in for:-

COLUMN OF FIRE 132
                            On lowest ratings for the Martin Pipe (apart from last season very low rating), probably need 135 UK rating to get in at the bottom. So a little UK rating tax and he is a low weight here.

Unless they want to run him again soon to see if he can be a graded horse before the Fez.

Last year from the same race last weekend Dallas Des Pictons got an opening irish rating of 130.
                            He then ran at the DRF in a big 3M cap hurdle and won narrowly. From memory he went up to c136/137 in Ireland and UK hammered him up to 144. (Which could have made all the difference between winning or 2nd)

Comment

FLOUEUR Initial Irish Rating 141
                              Could be another GE lively one for here, or something even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X