Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    BOOM
    After his facile win over the weekend the initial irish rating is in for:-

COLUMN OF FIRE 132
    On lowest ratings for the Martin Pipe (apart from last season very low rating), probably need 135 UK rating to get in at the bottom. So a little UK rating tax and he is a low weight here.

Unless they want to run him again soon to see if he can be a graded horse before the Fez.

Last year from the same race last weekend Dallas Des Pictons got an opening irish rating of 130.
    He then ran at the DRF in a big 3M cap hurdle and won narrowly. From memory he went up to c136/137 in Ireland and UK hammered him up to 144. (Which could have made all the difference between winning or 2nd)
    Dallas ran off 140 in the Martin Pipe Saxon. Early Doors won off 145.

While a nice low weight is nice, recently, higher marks have faired very well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out again

Comment

If in doubt just back the Gigginstown owned horses EW. Their record in the Martin Pipe is phenomenal. 12 runners, 4 winners with last year's 2nd and 3rd running very well. Column Of Fire

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
        Dallas ran off 140 in the Martin Pipe Saxon. Early Doors won off 145.

While a nice low weight is nice, recently, higher marks have faired very well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him out again
        Yep 140 soz, his extra run got him a wedge more from UK than staying on 130 irish, he would have got maybe 134/135 for this race, not 140.

I can see COF running again, and he may blow his mark for this, if he is really good.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Yep 140 soz, his extra run got him a wedge more from UK than staying on 130 irish, he would have got maybe 134/135 for this race, not 140.

I can see COF running again, and he may blow his mark for this, if he is really good.
          Dallas won off 130 at DRF, and went up as you say. He did only win though, not by far so i can see what you're saying. COF would need to win well to get say 139 or something after a run at the DRF. 139 would still probably see him ok to get in here. Given the record of the higher weighted horses that wouldn't be too concerning either.

Comment

A bit more blue for Ilikedwayurthinkin in this race today.

Not sure if he's been mentioned (yet again) or just market support.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              A bit more blue for Ilikedwayurthinkin in this race today.

Not sure if he's been mentioned (yet again) or just market support.
              Hs Irish Rating is 132, that gives him a monster chance here.

Comment

It's all going far too smoothly with Column of Fire at the moment

They won't risk him not getting in, they'll surely feel he has loads in hand and I expect him to run again.... however I would prefer him not to win, I think they've got a margin of error with him based on Dallas Des Pictons not quite getting the job done, as SW says, that few lbs from winning compared to finishing a few places back could have been the difference!

Comment

I think he looks better than DDP did last year Kev.

Comment

With the Grade 2 Ballymore Trial race entries and weights today has come three weights issued by UK handicapper for the Irish contenders, all of which have had the required number of runs to gain a rating.

The Bosses Oscar (Elliott) UK 136 (Ireland 132) up 4lb
                    Run Wild Fred (Elliott) UK 135 (Ireland 131) up 4lb
                    Rocket Lad (E. Mullins) UK 145 (Ireland 138) up 7lb
                    , bang on max to get into the Martin Pipe

So definitive possibilities that The Bosses Oscar and Run Wild Fred could be part of Gordon’s thoughts for the Martin Pipe now, as 135 and 136 are usually around bottom weights for the race.

Comment

Hs Irish Rating is 132, that gives him a monster chance here.
                      Having seen the way the Handicapper has treated DDP, surely this lad will be battered as well? Crazy price now isnt he?

Comment

Have had my eye on The Bosses Oscar for a while and have just added him at 20/1. Hopefully have Gordon's 3 main hopes covered now.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                          Having seen the way the Handicapper has treated DDP, surely this lad will be battered as well? Crazy price now isnt he?
                          Wasn't he entered up over here a couple of weeks ago and given 140?

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                            Wasn't he entered up over here a couple of weeks ago and given 140?
                            No sure tbh VF. Would make sense as to why he's being so well backed!

Comment

There is a reason he has been massively cut for the race, they must be happy he is coming here, has the right handicap (particularly if the UK handicapper looked recently and gave him a rating) probably even got the jockey Darragh Okeefe lined up who won on him twice at Galway week in handicap races of 29 and 20 runners.
                              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 21 January 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

No sure tbh VF. Would make sense as to why he's being so well backed!
                                Sorry, I meant Ilikedwayurthinkin

Comment

Working...
                                X