Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
    Clemencia out to 100/1. Massively overpriced e/w 5 places with PP. 90/1 5 places with Bet365 1/4 odds
    5th for the gravy. Still green and jinked to the left when in open ground but wouldn't have caught the winner, who seemed to be favourite for a while so surprised it drifted out so much.

Well done all those on Aramax at big prices.

Comment

• The Aramax/Aramon double is on. Can’t remember who suggested it but got on with a free bet. Now looks quite good

Comment

• Thanks for Clemencia. I actually put a bit on it with 365 paying 5 places based on this post.

Comment

• Sure Aramax was David Jennings NAP of the week on UTA so fair play to him as he was so sweet on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyCee93 View Post
            Thanks for Clemencia. I actually put a bit on it with 365 paying 5 places based on this post.
            far too high a price for a horse stepping down from grade 1 level into handicaps

Comment

• In terms of the benefits of looking back at races, the juvenile handicap hurdle is not very high on the priority list. These horses were not at the top level when restricted to their own generation and therefore moving into open company as 5 year olds it's hard to get excited about any of them really making an impact at next years festival. Looking back at the list of previous winners backs that up, hardly any of them have gone on to do anything at all in their careers. Diego Du Charmil probably the best of the lot?
              Ceil De Neige placed last year too, and further back Ptit Zig back in the places a few years back had a decent career and Coo Star Sivola was a festival winner ..... so it's not a completely pointless exercise!

Aramax won, as fav. Elliott had 3 of the first 4 Saint D'oroux and Recent Revelations his others. I fancied Tronador more than those. He did have a couple of others too but again, as I've said earlier, Gordon Elliott will continue to be the starting point for the handicaps.

With JP winning another race, I wonder if his horses will be over bet? They usually are anyway but he had a phoenominal festival really. I suppose it's hard to really work that out but I will try not get get carried away by the green and gold hoops. Some years everything just clicks... No real point there, just a general musing.

The Pipe trained Night Edition was the other placed horse. I love the way the horse looked to be sticking his neck out towards the finish, but that's totally irrelevant as he was getting further away. Might be a nice pot in him somewhere along the line.

Not spending too much time on the others, main disappointment would have been Mick Pastor for plenty, who just ran okay but a bit keen and didn't seem to get home. Potentially wasn't his best foot forward so he might win a nice race somewhere too; given connections.

Comment

• Am I right that all of JP’s winners at this years Festival were in hurdle races apart from Easyland in the CC. He had 5 winners but only a few places too so whilst it was a good festival for him many of his horses under performed. I still think Aramax is capable of improving and winning graded races if he’s not a handicap plot in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  Am I right that all of JP’s winners at this years Festival were in hurdle races apart from Easyland in the CC. He had 5 winners but only a few places too so whilst it was a good festival for him many of his horses under performed. I still think Aramax is capable of improving and winning graded races if he’s not a handicap plot in a few years.
                  No, Champ won the RSA.

To be fair I think analysising horses by 'owner' is pretty dangerous - I try not to because really it's just unreliable data.

Comment

• Yes you’re right sorry, I keep forgetting about Champ.

Comment

• I had high hopes for Galahad Quest , after he won so well.
                      On Trial's day , But to be fair to Nick William's .
                      He said he thought G.Q would be a much better Chaser .
                      down the Line , and he wasn't even sure the horse would run.
                      in the Boodles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Not spending too much time on the others, main disappointment would have been Mick Pastor for plenty, who just ran okay but a bit keen and didn't seem to get home. Potentially wasn't his best foot forward so he might win a nice race somewhere too; given connections.
                        One thing to note with Mick Pastor was he was running in a first-time hood.

Andrew Mount mentioned on the FFP first-time hoods, over hurdles - all races since 1 Jan 2015: 136/2145 (6.34%, -£1246.64 at SP). Cheltenham festival in same period, 0/21.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          I had high hopes for Galahad Quest , after he won so well.
                          On Trial's day , But to be fair to Nick William's .
                          He said he thought G.Q would be a much better Chaser .
                          down the Line , and he wasn't even sure the horse would run.
                          in the Boodles.
                          I'll be keeping an eye on him with a view to next year's Northern Trust handicap.

Comment

Working...
                          X