Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

June Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWIW
    ELIMAY
    ECHOES IN RAIN
    GRANGEE (MNH)

If they aren't in a Yankee already.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      ….so far this year we’ve had 3 Yankees which have included 3 separate selections for the Stayers and 2 for the Marsh. Perhaps we should avoid these races for the next few months.
      Yep. Nothing wrong though with having 2/3 running for you in any given race. Could work massively to your advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Yep. Nothing wrong though with having 2/3 running for you in any given race. Could work massively to your advantage.

….it’s an interesting one.

I suppose it means you can only fully hit the mark with one Yankee but perhaps increases the chance of getting one home. I suppose concentrating on just a few races and perm a number of selections is a strategy.

Hopefully we see the choices for June soon.

Comment

….it’s an interesting one.

I suppose it means you can only fully hit the mark with one Yankee but perhaps increases the chance of getting one home. I suppose concentrating on just a few races and perm a number of selections is a strategy.

Hopefully we see the choices for June soon.
          Yep, people are more than happy to build books on individual races with singles so same strategy applies re multiple races although clearly more expensive !

Comment

Will have a look at the previous yankees and this thread and have it up within 24 hours folks.

And then onto July we go..

Comment

Right then.. decision time. Apologies it’s taken a while but had other stuff on and there’s not exactly a huge rush for us to beat the prices in early July. Haha. I’ve used this short thread and May’s thread (the horses not chosen obviously) and gone for these four.

June Yankee:
              Shewearsitwell - Mares Hurdle @ 14/1
              Farouk Dalene - RSA @ 25/1
              Journey With Me - Albert Bartlett @ 25/1
              Easysland - Cross Country @ 4/1

Best Odds - 43,939/1
              Bookmaker - Skybet
              Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 5 July 2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                Right then.. decision time. Apologies it’s taken a while but had other stuff on and there’s not exactly a huge rush for us to beat the prices in early July. Haha. I’ve used this short thread and April & May’s threads (the horses not chosen obviously) and gone for these four.

June Yankee:

Best Odds - 43,939/1
                Bookmaker - Skybet
                robith Your boy Farouk is in there.. just for you. Haha. And you were literally the only one to mention him.. and on two yankees too so he deserves a crack.

Comment

Right then.. decision time. Apologies it’s taken a while but had other stuff on and there’s not exactly a huge rush for us to beat the prices in early July. Haha. I’ve used this short thread and May’s thread (the horses not chosen obviously) and gone for these four.

June Yankee:

Best Odds - 43,939/1
                  Bookmaker - Skybet
                  Good stuff MoM…

Comment

June Yankee:

Best Odds - 43,939/1
                    Bookmaker - Skybet

….cheers, Matey. For some reason Sky wouldn’t take my Yankee (SWIW now 12-1) but managed to cobble it together with separate multiples.

Comment

robith Your boy Farouk is in there.. just for you. Haha. And you were literally the only one to mention him.. and on two yankees too so he deserves a crack.
                      Attttt last, my love has come along

He could turn out to be nothing, the classic "looked better by default" I just feel with his hurdle form that price is way too big

Comment

….cheers, Matey. For some reason Sky wouldn’t take my Yankee (SWIW now 12-1) but managed to cobble it together with separate multiples.
                        They’ve got you too Eggs, always going to happen sadly, I know plenty who have had Sky accs restricted since Cheltenham, all part of the betfair/paddy power group now so they get one they’ll get the lot eventually…

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post

Attttt last, my love has come along

He could turn out to be nothing, the classic "looked better by default" I just feel with his hurdle form that price is way too big
                          I was " all over " F.D.A last year Robith , and bitterly disappointed he didn't make it to Cheltenham , Now i'm not so sure .
                          There was some talk about him being better right handed , Who know's , I've got a small bet on him for the N.H.Chs,.
                          So if he rock's up that'll be great , In any Race . Which race do you think he's most likely to run in ??.
                          Maybe a giggi national horse , irish . english , scottish ???. I wish you the Best of Luck with him,. .

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

I was " all over " F.D.A last year Robith , and bitterly disappointed he didn't make it to Cheltenham , Now i'm not so sure .
                            There was some talk about him being better right handed , Who know's , I've got a small bet on him for the N.H.Chs,.
                            So if he rock's up that'll be great , In any Race . Which race do you think he's most likely to run in ??.
                            Maybe a giggi national horse , irish . english , scottish ???. I wish you the Best of Luck with him,. .
                            My working presumption is to start with the 3m novice chase and be proven wrong - all of Gordon's giggi Bartlett horses bar Fury Road have at least started out chasing - but looking back through history it's a proper rogue's gallery!

Comment

At some stage, preferably before NH season starts, we should do a 'missed cheltenham with nothing too serious' yankee.

Comment

All ante post bets back with cash out.

Comment

Working...
                                X