Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The 2021 Fat Jockey Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

The honest truth.. I’ve been doing my uni dissertation pretty much through the night for the last week. So by the time I’ve woken up.. I’ve usually missed the deadline for the first race of the afternoon cards.. hence choosing the evening all weather fixtures instead.

Had a mixture of favourites and horses I fancied. One of my winners on the first day for this comp went in at 9s I believe. Didn’t back it though. Which is somewhat irritating.
    I feel you - had a decent priced one go in (but unbacked) myself at the start.
    Hopefully you’re not far off with the dissertation - be some relief once it’s handed in!

Comment

• Originally posted by RufusFlynn View Post

I feel you - had a decent priced one go in (but unbacked) myself at the start.
      Hopefully you’re not far off with the dissertation - be some relief once it’s handed in!
      12 days to go! Getting there though. Just about

Comment

• Fontwell
        Sending Love
        Coolanly
        Nye Bevan
        Ocean Cove
        Emmas Dilemma
        Diligent

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post
          DG, you’ve got me as fallen at the 1st, but I cleared that yesterday?
          No, you had 1 winner Monday, 2 winners Tuesday. 1 winner Wednesday, 1 winner Thursday = 5 winners. First fence is square 5.
          The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Ayr

1.00 Mrs Hyde
            1.30 Aquila Sky
            2.05 Eskendash
            2.40 Miah Grace
            3.15 Not that Fuisse
            3.50 Dino Velvet

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post

No, you had 1 winner Monday, 2 winners Tuesday. 1 winner Wednesday, 1 winner Thursday = 5 winners. First fence is square 5.
              Ah ok, I thought I was starting where my number was on the board, been playing it wrong then

Comment

• Ayr:

Mrs Hyde
                Beyond The Pale
                Jaboticaba
                Didonato
                Not that Fuisse
                Torigni

Comment

• Fontwell

Sending Love
                  Coolanly
                  Big Jimbo
                  Ocean Cove
                  Lawtop Legend
                  Diligent

Comment

• Exeter

Kilmington rose
                    Seaside girl
                    Jersey wonder
                    Delight of dubai
                    Espressino
                    Chase me

Comment

• Personally although I was garbage at this I think the concept is very good, looking forward to hopefully having another go

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                        Personally although I was garbage at this I think the concept is very good, looking forward to hopefully having another go
                        Yeah will be tweaking it a bit once I see how it pans out so any observations welcome.
                        The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post

Yeah will be tweaking it a bit once I see how it pans out so any observations welcome.
                          Maybe if you land on a fence at the end of the day, you get chance to recover if you pick the winner of the first race of your 6 selections the following day?

It's definitely a great concept and good fun but it looks devilishly difficult to come even close to completing!

Comment

• Great concept and im really enjoying it. Had the option today of picking one winner and 5 outsiders, decided on the tally ho option instead. Would last man standing be deemed the winner too DG?

Comment

• We'll only learn by experience but getting across the first few fences is challenging. Either fewer fences (but, of course, it wouldn't be the National then) or more spaces between the fences would make it easier to plan ahead.

Other than that, maybe next time competitors can start with a number of 'lives'. Sort of going back to previous eras where you were allowed to remount.

Comment

• Agreed, enjoying the challenge but it's definitely that; a challenge. Like the ides of having a limited number of lives/remounts as archie suggests.

Otherwise I was thinking something based around the number of fences - so to win you would need to pick 30 winners + perhaps say 5 to account for the extended run in-elbow-home straight. From the first few days average of winners per day is only 1-2.

Interested to see how far anyone can get round the course in it's current format (I have a feeling my days are numbered).

Comment

Working...
                                X