Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

FJ Monthly Forum Yankees (Year 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soz.Still half asleep

Comment

February - the final Yankee of the year - has just gone up.

It’s a super Yankee as I just could not narrow these five down to 4. They’re all forum horses one way or another and that’s what this last one is always all about.

Comment

Thanks for all your work with this mate, fingers crossed this is the one!

Comment

The December one looks beautiful

Comment

…..a decent double with the December 1 Yankee; Flooring 8-1; Facile 12-1.
            Last edited by Eggs; 17 March 2022, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              …..a decent double with the December 1 Yankee; Flooring 8-1; Facile 12-1.
              34/1 double on the first month’s win as well

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

34/1 double on the first month’s win as well
                ….yep, noticed that myself. I cashed one out with a very handsome profit when targets were becoming clearer so they have certainly paid for themselves from my perspective. Good stuff.

Comment

With the Yankee from the very first month of the year (March 2021) paying 34/1 and the Christmas Yankee paying a 116/1 double, I believe once again the Yankees have made a small profit. Not going to get rich from them every year but as long as they pay for themselves, it makes them worthwhile because we all know one day the big one lands and everyone will cop. Considering there was 8 winning selections backed, it was a fair crack to hope to land a treble which is where the money is at.

Winners backed:
                  - Flooring Porter 6/1, 11/1 & 8/1
                  - Bob Olinger 4/1
                  - Elimay 9/2
                  - A Plus Tard 10/1
                  - Vauban 5/1

Thanks to everyone once again and it’s already time to think about the start of the Yankee for this month in order to place the first for year 5 of the FJ Forum Yankees. Will have the thread up this week.

Comment

….brilliant stuff MoM, we’re knocking on the door.

Comment

Winners backed:
                      - Bob Olinger 4/1
                      - Elimay 9/2
                      - A Plus Tard 10/1
                      - Vauban 5/1
                      Great stuff MoM.
                      Thanks for managing, always great fun...

Comment

Great work with these MOM.

I wonder if one of those next year could be doing something similar to SharpHat 's value selections?

​​​​​​​I know Dandrew99 set up one of his magic spreadsheets to take a lot of the heavy lifting away in terms of data input. All we'd have to do is put our selections for every race into the Google Form and then we could consider either most selected horses or best value horses in some way? Perhaps this could be one for some time in the summer and/or maybe one after Xmas? The link to the spreadsheet could be put in the members section so that only those who are members can access it rather than the whole world and we can discuss options on the open forum? Just a thought of a slightly different way of pooling our knowledge together ​​​​​​​

Comment

Winners backed:
                          - Bob Olinger 4/1
                          - Elimay 9/2
                          - A Plus Tard 10/1
                          - Vauban 5/1

And entirely possible Vauban would have been included at a much bigger price in earlier yankees had the majority of bookies priced the Triumph up sooner.
                          But we know these hurdles exist.
                          Great fun as always, look forward to the discussion getting started very soon….

Comment

Working...
                          X