Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Handicap Shortlist - Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'l do this again for next year btw, but wont start for a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      I'l do this again for next year btw, but wont start for a bit
      Nice Charlie, will look forward to the updated list, when you get the time

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
        I'l do this again for next year btw, but wont start for a bit
        great stuff Charlie. My perception is that generally Irish horses do much better in handicap hurdles than in handicap chases - but I cant back that up with stats

Comment

• Thanks Charlie , great stats , did remember your post as so informative

Comment

• Lisp is a grand annual stand out. Alan king and Tom Bellamy really fancy him. Run behind torpillovery encouraging and latest run a freshener. Handicap mark will now be managed !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
              Lisp is a grand annual stand out. Alan king and Tom Bellamy really fancy him. Run behind torpillovery encouraging and latest run a freshener. Handicap mark will now be managed !!
              ...jumped impressively yesterday, it was actually backed for the Arkle. In his post-race interview, Bellamy said the 2m4f handicap might be the obvious Cheltenham target but it was not up to him to make that decision. Considering the £60k bonus it’ll get for winning any Chase at Cheltenham, the 20-1 in the Hill’s any race market might be a sensible option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
                Lisp is a grand annual stand out. Alan king and Tom Bellamy really fancy him. Run behind torpillovery encouraging and latest run a freshener. Handicap mark will now be managed !!
                Novices have a decent enough record, but I'd worry he's a bit high already at 144 for this race.

Whilst 7 of the last 8 winners have been rated between 140 and 150, Gault stats does say if a novice you'd want it rated lower than 140.
                Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 3 December 2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• The Storyteller entered again over hurdles tomorrow, hopefully a run back in 3rd or 4th and drop another couple of lbs ready for a tilt at the County or Coral Cup in March.

Also notice Rathvinden in same race, probably a little blow out so it wont ruin his chase mark ready for the national although I would like to see him drop a couple as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                    The Storyteller entered again over hurdles tomorrow, hopefully a run back in 3rd or 4th and drop another couple of lbs ready for a tilt at the County or Coral Cup in March.

Also notice Rathvinden in same race, probably a little blow out so it wont ruin his chase mark ready for the national although I would like to see him drop a couple as well.
                    Oh balls. I didn’t expect that. Not a way to get your mark down. Stayers hurdle anyone? Haha

Comment

• He beat a horse rated 127 by about a length given him 7lbs, (Davy looked to give a very easy time) so dont think theyll be terribly disappointed with that

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                        He beat a horse rated 127 by about a length given him 7lbs, (Davy looked to give a very easy time) so dont think theyll be terribly disappointed with that
                        Think from memory the UK handicapper had him in the 150's over hurdles when Chelt weights came out so that will be an ok start if they are trying to get him a nice mark for the Coral Cup

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                          Think from memory the UK handicapper had him in the 150's over hurdles when Chelt weights came out so that will be an ok start if they are trying to get him a nice mark for the Coral Cup
                          Yes they did billy. Unless he fancies a tilt at one of the chases if he loses a few pounds. Took 22-1 any race with hills straight after they crossed the line

Comment

• There is no chance the UK handicapper will let The Storyteller win a festival handicap

What was that rule last year that somebody found (Jack1092) We all thought he was going to be a handicap goodthing and the UK handicapper just ruined it His Irish mark was essentially irrelevant if I remember correctly?
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 December 2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• It was me, emailed them about it.......they ignore the Irish mark + could use his chase mark as a reference if they wished to. Fairly f'd that nice ante.

Comment

• Excellent yes, so he's a handicap no-hoper sorry fellas

Comment

Working...
                                X