Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
    Elliot pre race when asked about the race said “ plenty more better at home”

Or words to that affect
    I'd hope he would have better as he wasn't in the first two today!

Was pretty impressed with FH myself. Was amazed how he finished the race, considering what he'd done all the way around. I won't be cashing out just yet. But if he didn't look a lot more straight forward next time I would.

Comment

• Nah he just doesn't win it does he.

We've got nothing else to focus on now in the Bumper so we're trying to make excuses for Ferny Hollow.... 2 months from now he'll be forgotten, like Mt Leinster last year

No evidence to suggest he won't pull his race away next time either... it's just a hope.

Might pull all the way through his bumper career until an obstacle slows him down.

Cash out, he's a dud the winner would have beaten him anyway today and is open to just as much improvement.

Chances that they're the best 2 bumper horses this season are slim, slim, slim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Nah he just doesn't win it does he.

We've got nothing else to focus on now in the Bumper so we're trying to make excuses for Ferny Hollow.... 2 months from now he'll be forgotten, like Mt Leinster last year

No evidence to suggest he won't pull his race away next time either... it's just a hope.

Might pull all the way through his bumper career until an obstacle slows him down.

Cash out, he's a dud the winner would have beaten him anyway today and is open to just as much improvement.

The winner might not go for the champion bumper anyway. Being a giggingstown horse.

Jonjos horse looks better, but he diddnt bolt up 1st time up himself.

Anyway , power of pause has to carry the hefty burden of my my main hope.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 1 December 2019, 11:06 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• If Jonjo O'Neill trains the Bumper winner it'll be another unsuccessful bumper for me.

Power Of Pause (nap)

Comment

If Jonjo O'Neill trains the Bumper winner it'll be another unsuccessful bumper for me.

Power Of Pause (nap)
            My only worry is, when he bolts up 1st time up,

will he go straight for the champion hurdle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              My only worry is, when he bolts up 1st time up,

will he go straight for the champion hurdle?
              Ha, ha, ha ! Nice one.

Comment

Nah he just doesn't win it does he.

Think you’re writing him off too early Kev. Looks like Joseph rates his horse, they pulled a long way from the third and if they lined up again I’d be hopeful that FH would have learned enough to turn the tables. Not all champion bumper winners hack up first time out. As Scooby said yesterday, the price allows you to have a free second go before cashing, I’ll certainly be giving him another chance.

Comment

• Ferny Hollow was green as grass but even still surely won’t be winning at Cheltenham

Comment

power of pause has to carry the hefty burden of my my main hope.
                    Whose is this one?

Bumpers are definitely not my strong point, and my record is pretty poor. Jumped on the Ferny Hollow bandwagon quite early, but cashed with no dramas, so will look at backing the next big one, Power Of Pause, with the option of cash out I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Whose is this one?

Bumpers are definitely not my strong point, and my record is pretty poor. Jumped on the Ferny Hollow bandwagon quite early, but cashed with no dramas, so will look at backing the next big one, Power Of Pause, with the option of cash out I think.
                      With willie
                      Havent a clue. But whoever's owns it, they're lucky.

Comment

Havent a clue. But whoever's it is, they're lucky.
                        Oohhh a confident Scooby, what's not to like

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Oohhh a confident Scooby, what's not to like
                          Iv heard he might be ok. But saying that fury road hacked up last year in a schooling bumper (not that I backed him for this). Although Common sense with cashout

But Try getting him added to PP. They blank refuse.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 2 December 2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Iv heard he might be ok. But saying that fury road hacked up last year in a schooling bumper (not that I backed him for this). Although Common sense with cashout

Would be nice if it was for Wylie. Not had much luck recently.

Comment

He's 33/1 with PP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                He's 33/1 with PP.
                                Many thanks, if you added.

Comment

Working...
                                X