Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice win for Poet. If anything annoys me about that race is Opposites Attract running so well and ruining any chance of the bookies missing him in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Very confident ride from Degsy! He's some jock.

Agree Jackie, this could be the deepest Ballymore for many a year. Lots of very exciting novice hurdlers about right now.
      Mullins shortest priced for the Ballymore currently must be/IS 25/1 or bigger.

Almost certainly going to have a single figured priced one on the day.

Comment

• Could have the knock on effect of a very strong Supreme as you'd imagine EA will frighten a few away as well.

Comment

• Haven’t seen the race yet but good to see frstival D’ex got off the mark at the first time of asking

Comment

• Unai goes over hurdles for the first time today.

He interests me and I've backed him for small money @ 66's for this race and also with a free bet @ 100/1.

The case isn't exactly the strongest, but the odds are fair.

He's only run once under rules in a bumper @ Warwick in April, finishing 3rd behind Overthetop, and the form throughout the top 4 of that bumper has been franked plenty of times already.

I suspect Unai will need further, being by Court Cave, who just so happens to be a twice winning sire of this race, through the ill-fated Willoughby Court and last seasons winner, City Island, the former being trained by Unai's current trainer, Ben Pauling also.

It's a shot in the dark really, but @ 66's with cash out available, I'm happy to have a crack. I won't be cashing out regardless of what happens today, just for reference, Willoughby Court was beaten on his hurdles debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Unai goes over hurdles for the first time today.

He interests me and I've backed him for small money @ 66's for this race and also with a free bet @ 100/1.

The case isn't exactly the strongest, but the odds are fair.

He's only run once under rules in a bumper @ Warwick in April, finishing 3rd behind Overthetop, and the form throughout the top 4 of that bumper has been franked plenty of times already.

I suspect Unai will need further, being by Court Cave, who just so happens to be a twice winning sire of this race, through the ill-fated Willoughby Court and last seasons winner, City Island, the former being trained by Unai's current trainer, Ben Pauling also.

It's a shot in the dark really, but @ 66's with cash out available, I'm happy to have a crack. I won't be cashing out regardless of what happens today, just for reference, Willoughby Court was beaten on his hurdles debut.
              Drifting like a barge at the moment, out to 4/1 from 6/4.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                Drifting like a barge at the moment, out to 4/1 from 6/4.
                Wouldn't bother me, provided he isn't hammered today of course. I haven't backed him for today yet, though he's becoming a dirty e/way shot, so may go in

Comment

• Unai will have to improve his hurdling ten fold, however, I liked the way he stayed on at the finish. Step up in trip next time out, then will be the decider as to whether I hold on to the bet or not.

Comment

• Post race Longhouse Poet comments

7Dec19 Navan (20Sft, RPR 130)
                    He's a nice horse and we'll find out a bit more about him when he steps into something else. I don't have any plan with him but he could get an entry for the Grade 1 Lawlor's Of Naas Novice Hurdle in January. Derek seems to be quite impressed with him anyway, he's never got beaten on him. He felt he's a horse to look forward to, maybe for bigger and better days. We won't know that until we delve into that area but it's nice to have a horse like him. I don't think we'd come back in trip, two and a half miles is grand. There's no point in getting him out of his comfort zone when you don't have to - Martin Brassil, trainer of Longhouse Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Envoi Allen is now 1/3 to run in this race (Ballymore) after opening up 13/8 with PaddyPower

Personally, delighted to see that. Was a bit taken aback when he opened up fav to run in the Supreme!
                      Excellent news this, Kevloaf. Have you got a link to this market? Can't seem to find it.

Comment

• Nice Navan G2 entries for the weekend over 2m4.

Andy Dufresne and Elixir D'ainay in there

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          Nice Navan G2 entries for the weekend over 2m4.

Would be nice if JP let them sort themselves out.
                          He has done so before with slight lesser lights like Coney island and bleu et rouge.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Envoi Allen is now 1/3 to run in this race (Ballymore) after opening up 13/8 with PaddyPower

Personally, delighted to see that. Was a bit taken aback when he opened up fav to run in the Supreme!
                            Think I’ll be cashing my Supreme bet for nearly 6 times profit very soon.

Shot to nothing so no harm done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                              Nice Navan G2 entries for the weekend over 2m4.

Completely unrelated but nice to see mr lingo entered up over hurdles too. He obviously must have had his issues. But looked very nice in his ptp.

Battleoverdoyen had a similar profile.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                                Think I’ll be cashing my Supreme bet for nearly 6 times profit very soon.

Shot to nothing so no harm done.
                                I’m debating whether to do the same or hold off until NRNB. Can anyone remember when it was last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X