Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Marsh Novices Chase 2020 (was JLT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
    Regarding Allaho's destination: on Betfair Exchange he is best price 7-1 for the Marsh and 12-1 for RSA - is that telling us something about where he will end up?

Nortons Coin, I worked for a law firm named Norton Rose and there was a Mecca shop round the corner and we had about 600 legal secs and it seemed every one of them backed Nortons Coin with their fivers win and each way in that years Gold Cup, though it was a winning race for bookmakers but not that particular shop

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
      Nortons Coin, I worked for a law firm named Norton Rose and there was a Mecca shop round the corner and we had about 600 legal secs and it seemed every one of them backed Nortons Coin with their fivers win and each way in that years Gold Cup, though it was a winning race for bookmakers but not that particular shop
      Awesome Redbridge - what a party that must have been. I got 200-1 each way with Ladbrokes on the day of the race. Couldn't believe the price, specially as the favourite Desert Orchid never performed to his best at Cheltenham There were only 12 runners and NC had never been out of the first two in three previous runs at Cheltenham. He finished second in the Cathcart a year earlier when Hywel Davies the jockey left him too much to do.

Owner trainer Sirrell Griffiths was a farmer who trained a handful of horses for fun. He weighed 15-16 stone and rode NC on Newgale beach to get him fit. Sirrell had to milk his herd of cattle before he loaded NC into the horse box and drove him to Cheltenham from the family farm in Nantgaredig. The horse thought it was his birthday when Graham McCourt climbed on board carrying 12 stone. If I remember right, they gave NC the freedom of Carmarthen after the Gold Cup - he was paraded on the steps of the town hall. The magic of National Hunt racing eh.

Comment

Regarding Allaho's destination: on Betfair Exchange he is best price 7-1 for the Marsh and 12-1 for RSA - is that telling us something about where he will end up?
        The BFSB/PP stance has always been that Allaho goes for the Marsh despite Mullins Media comments. I’d expect him to go there

Comment

Awesome Redbridge - what a party that must have been. I got 200-1 each way with Ladbrokes on the day of the race. Couldn't believe the price, specially as the favourite Desert Orchid never performed to his best at Cheltenham There were only 12 runners and NC had never been out of the first two in three previous runs at Cheltenham. He finished second in the Cathcart a year earlier when Hywel Davies the jockey left him too much to do.

Owner trainer Sirrell Griffiths was a farmer who trained a handful of horses for fun. He weighed 15-16 stone and rode NC on Newgale beach to get him fit. Sirrell had to milk his herd of cattle before he loaded NC into the horse box and drove him to Cheltenham from the family farm in Nantgaredig. The horse thought it was his birthday when Graham McCourt climbed on board carrying 12 stone. If I remember right, they gave NC the freedom of Carmarthen after the Gold Cup - he was paraded on the steps of the town hall. The magic of National Hunt racing eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
            The BFSB/PP stance has always been that Allaho goes for the Marsh despite Mullins Media comments. I’d expect him to go there
            Frank Hickey has always been strong him for the Marsh so they will be ducking him, think i heard him say recently that if he ran in the Marsh he was the bet of the meeting

Comment

• Gordon on Samcro

He’ll go for the Marsh Novices’ Chase. He’s been blowing hot and cold this season and hasn’t always scoped right. He’s had a breathing op since his last run. If the ground comes up very soft, I might not run him and wait until Fairyhouse with him.

Comment

Great post NC thanks, seem to remember a few independent bookies in Carmarthen going bust over Norton’s Coin ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                  Gordon on Samcro

He’ll go for the Marsh Novices’ Chase. He’s been blowing hot and cold this season and hasn’t always scoped right. He’s had a breathing op since his last run. If the ground comes up very soft, I might not run him and wait until Fairyhouse with him.
                  That's funny, he was scoping 100% this year before Faugheen murdered him...well that's what Gordie "said". I see a sportinglife quote says he didn't scope right after Limerick. Jesus he's one sick horse.

Comment

• Racing post says Allaho definite for RSA rather than here

There are 15 still in contention for the RSA Insurance Novices' Chase, including Faugheen at the grand age of 12, although plans for him have yet to be finalised.
                    Mullins will definitely run Allaho in the race, however, and said: "Chasing was always going to be his game and he was very good when winning by a wide margin on his second start over fences.
                    "Stamina is his forte – his hurdles form last season is proof of that. He can be a bit keen and, hopefully, he'll settle."

Comment

• No Black Op?

This race has really cut up and still 4 days to.final.decs and can see few more big players or runners going elsewhere. Value in an each way job in there somewhere?
                      Last edited by Big Bucks; 6 March 2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                        No Black Op?
                        Wasn't in the RSA either must be injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                          Wasn't in the RSA either must be injured.
                          Yeah another one of mine down the drain! Surely Allaho goes here? Should be very short if does imo

Comment

• Sigh.... down the pan for me too...single and a double that was already part won..

Comment

• Why is Melon out of favour this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
                                Why is Melon out of favour this season?
                                For me i've had 28s both of the last 2 seasons with him and with a confirmed target (champ hurd) but he's been smaller odds all thru antepost this year and add to the possibility early on of 2 potential targets, its been a no bet for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X