Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Marsh Novices Chase 2020 (was JLT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    I can understand him being cut after an impressive debut but that reaction has really surprised me. The RSA price remains unchanged at 33/1 but I guess that’s an indication that the JLT is the current preferred race on all known information.
    Totally agree Jackie M , seem's crazy having not even having had a run this season yet, .
    He's going to have to make a good impression when he does come out .

Comment

Reserve Tank into 7's with 365, that's a horrific price. He must be doing something rather special at home for his price to be collapsing like this!

FOMO kicking in though (and wanted to get him onside anyway) so have decided to part with some cash as still 12's with SkyBet.
      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 7 October 2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

All very reminiscent of Finians Oscar?

Comment

Just got on with skybet @ 12/1 free bet and some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            All very reminiscent of Finians Oscar?
            Bloody loved Finian's Oscar and would have followed him off a cliff, not so with Reserve Tank, whom I have little affection for, but yes, fairly reminiscent, though FO never really took to fences (from memory), here's hoping it's not the same with RT.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
              Just got on with skybet @ 12/1 free bet and some cash.
              I don't fancy him myself, but he's still @ 16/1 with bet stars. For the ones who do. As pointed out by someone previously.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Thanks to Thistlecrack for pointing that one out, had just over 1pt max bet with them last night and usually Betstars are quick to react, but 16/1 still available.

Could be running this weekend at Chepstow according to Tizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  I don't fancy him myself, but he's still @ 16/1 with bet stars. For the ones who do. As pointed out by someone previously.
                  Cheers. Had a point each way just to get him on side.

Comment

Haven't backed Reverse Tank for this and the mention of Finian's Oscar has me regretting backing him for the RSA. Be interesting to see how he gets on though. Must be doing something right for such a big cut in the market. Selfishly, I hope he goes RSA route.

Comment

This antepost gamble on Reserve Tank is daft, shows how pathetic antepost bookmaking is these days really

Comment

Hard to blame the bookies if people are prepared to take the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                          Thanks to Thistlecrack for pointing that one out, had just over 1pt max bet with them last night and usually Betstars are quick to react, but 16/1 still available.

Could be running this weekend at Chepstow according to Tizzard.
                          Bloody hope so as got our tickets already,Hotel in Newport booked for Saturday night SORTED

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Reserve Tank into 7's with 365, that's a horrific price. He must be doing something rather special at home for his price to be collapsing like this!

FOMO kicking in though (and wanted to get him onside anyway) so have decided to part with some cash as still 12's with SkyBet.
                            Jeez - that 7/1 has to be one of the worst ante post prices I've seen.

Comment

Unless I've missed it - or you good people on here think he's definitely headed somewhere else - I thought I'd bring up a Gigginstown Gordon Elliott horse for this race. No, not Samcro, but Vision d'Honneur.

Yes, he was exceptionally disappointing in the Spring, there's no denying it. But he arrived at Cheltenham having traded blows with Aramon and Klassical Dream in the Grade One at the Dublin Racing Festival before ultimately being outpaced (to my eyes) and finishing six lengths back; before that he’d won a decent Punchestown novice hurdle fairly comfortably. That’s respectable form, especially for a young horse who clearly had a lot of filling out left to do over the summer.

It’s fairly obvious that Elliott feels that this horse has far more to offer as a novice chaser over slightly further than his 2m trips from last season, and given his scope I'd go along with that. Elliott commented in his stable tour for Betfair that “last season…the ground was too quick and he was too weak…we tried him in some big races before he was ready for that level of competition. Don’t be surprised if he makes up into a high-class novice chaser.”

Watching the Supreme back again with his other races, I'm inclined to agree that he shouldn't be written off over bigger obstacles and a longer trip this year. He really did need to fill out, and his trainer's comments suggest he's done that. If Gordon thought 2m was his trip last year, the RSA seems a stretch, and so you're left with the JLT as the best and likeliest target - if of course he proves good enough.

Of course, Samcro is probably their number 1 for this race if all goes well, but there's a LOT of time for that plan to change between now and March. For that reason, and those mentioned above, I'm happy to chance a boosted 45/1 with Hills for the JLT, as to me that just looks too big for a horse Elliott clearly still rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Jeez - that 7/1 has to be one of the worst ante post prices I've seen.
                                It’s absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X