Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you be concerned that Champagne Classic was a non-runner due to good to yielding ground?

Of course, wouldn't have beaten Robin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Would you be concerned that Champagne Classic was a non-runner due to good to yielding ground?

Of course, wouldn't have beaten Robin anyway.
      Considering he won the Martin Pipe on good ground and followed that up with the win at Punchestown on good/yielding i'd be surprised if it becomes an issue for the Festival. Though going chasing usually means more slightly caution is taken in regards to the ground it did surprise me he was pulled today.

Well done on the win

Comment

Carefully Selected with two nice mentions from Ruby in that Racing Uk video. Given as his dark horse for the season from Willie’s yard. I’d have liked to ask him his thoughts on his optimum trip.

Comment

I'm hoping NH Chase for Carefully Selected. His breeding suggests a fair trip, and whilst he doesn't lack for pace, shown up in his run at Punchestown, I just think the extra distance will play to his strengths.

I have a free bet on him in the RSA, but cash down for the NH Chase, so either way I should have him covered, but personal preference is the NH Chase.

Comment

Balls up - wrong thread
            Last edited by JackieMoon33; 10 October 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I can see the view on Champagne Classic. If he could go back to his hurdle season form, he'd really be of interest here. Obviously, he's been harder to keep right that Elliot would like, and that would be a worry for someone backing him in October for March.
              Carefully Selected if he went here would be a proper bet, ground allowing of course.
              On Dickie Diver and anything Henderson has for this i think perhaps last year was a prime example of maybe not backing his for this. OK Corral looked superb in the build up to this, but just didn't take to it. Nicky doesn't hold a great record in this, but like last year, if he sends one of his JP runners here, it's likely a top amateur will be on board + the price will be very short. So i can see the appeal.

The other two i quietly like for this are Early Doors + Deal D'Estruval.

Deal D'Estruval- Might be miles off here as he wasn’t seen last season, he’s back training, whether he’s the same horse or not who knows! Went off 7/1 in the Martin Pipe, won his maiden hurdle over 2m5 + shaped like a proper stayer that day. His 2nd at Leopardstown behind Off You Go is decent form, OYG is now rated 151 over hurdles.

Early Doors- Cheltenham form, stays well + the owner loves one for this. Plenty of class + someone like Derek O’Connor would probably take the ride. He’s priced too- 33/1!
              Last edited by jack1092; 10 October 2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Added Lisnagar Oscar @ 33/1

Comment

Champagne Classic declared again, for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Champagne Classic declared again, for tomorrow.
                    Flying quite a bit lower than Tipperary and should be able to win cosily.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Flying quite a bit lower than Tipperary and should be able to win cosily.
                      Yeah, a fair bit. I'm not sure why he was even declared for Tipp, you'd think a nice easy task like tomorrow would be enough to shed the maiden, then go on to better things.

Comment

Champagne Classic did that effortlessly

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Champagne Classic did that effortlessly
                          2nd fav did fall which was a shame

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                            Added Lisnagar Oscar @ 33/1
                            Wasn't impressed by his debut. Slow at plenty of them wasn't he.

At this time of the season you can definitely still get on during the race.

Champagne Classic was still 20/1 after the last etc...
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 October 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              2nd fav did fall which was a shame
                              Don’t think that mattered mind

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Wasn't impressed by his debut. Slow at plenty of them wasn't he.

At this time of the season you can definitely still get on during the race.

Champagne Classic was still 20/1 after the last etc...
                                May have been an over reaction but I cashed out straight afterwards

Comment

Working...
                                X