Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Challenge Cup Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PP have got round to pricing this race up and have Champagne Classic at 10s. Seems rather short

Comment

Originally posted by Thistlecrack View Post
      Yeah I get that see hes priced up at 33s with willhill, I was wouldnt be backing until I seen him entered for chases either but just with the word being he will I was trying to think why and I thought this may have been an angle also not that its a massive reduction but 3 mile 6 furlong now frm the previous 4 mile.
      Fair enouhg.... still shorter than I'd part with cash on but a bigger price than I have guessed at.

Not that it's value mind you!

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
        PP have got round to pricing this race up and have Champagne Classic at 10s. Seems rather short
        Very much a case of them not wanting to lay it.

A horse with festival winning chase form, for a powerful stable - and therefore almost certain top jockey (Jamie Codd odds on) even at this stage...

Comment

Absolutely no chance Faugheen goes for 4 miler. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Very much a case of them not wanting to lay it.

A horse with festival winning chase form, for a powerful stable - and therefore almost certain top jockey (Jamie Codd odds on) even at this stage...
            Just back any race at 14s with hills

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
              Top shout.

Comment

15.3 with the boost

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                  Top shout.
                  15.3 with the boost
                  I don't need to, he was highlighted any race on here at 27.63/1 and I know I wasn't the only one taking that price for Champange Classic....

and I was just suggesting why PP are possibly not laying him, I'm aware there are other bookies

Comment

Fully expect champagne classic to be beaten tomorrow, I don't rate him very highly tbh, and have no interest in him for this. Or any grade 1.

However, regardless of a fitness advantage, if he does win tomorrow, it would look like people have a very good bet. (Should o'Leary let him come here)
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 27 October 2019, 09:32 PM.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Fully expect champagne classic to be beaten tomorrow, I don't rate him very highly tbh, and have no interest in him for this. Or any grade 1.

However, regardless of a fitness advantage, if he does win tomorrow, it would look like people have a very good bet. (Should o'Leary let him come here)
                      You've lost me there. More contradictions than a Mullins stable tour!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        You've lost me there. More contradictions than a Mullins stable tour!!
                        Added French and mandarin, if it helps

Basically, I think hes a poor bet at current prices and his form amounts to nothing. But if he won today, that would prove me well wrong.

On the other hand, if he wins today, O'Leary will take note, as he doesn't like running what he believes to be his good ones, in the NH chase. Gordon can say what he wants, hes been denied many times.

Fondamentalement, je pense qu’il est un mauvais pari aux prix actuels et que sa forme n’est rien. Mais s'il gagnait aujourd'hui, cela me prouverait le contraire. Par contre, s’il gagne aujourd’hui, O'Leary en prendra bonne note, car il n’aime pas jouer dans ce qu’il croit être ses bons, dans la chasse au NH. Gordon peut dire ce qu'il veut, il s'est vu refuser plusieurs fois.

基本上,我认为他在当前价格下赌注不大,他的状态也不算什么。但是,如果他今天赢了,那将证明 我错了。 另一方面,如果他今天赢了,O'Leary会注意,因为他不喜欢在NH追逐中认为自己认为是自己的好人。戈 登可以说他想要什么,他被拒绝了很多次。

Jīběn shàng, wǒ rènwéi tā zài dāngqián jiàgé xià dǔzhù bù dà, tā de zhuàngtài yě bù suàn shénme. Dànshì, rúguǒ tā jīntiān yíngle, nà jiāng zhèngmíng wǒ cuòle. Lìng yī fāngmiàn, rúguǒ tā jīntiān yíngle,O'Leary huì zhùyì, yīnwèi tā bù xǐhuān zài NH zhuīzhú zhōng rènwéi zìjǐ rènwéi shì zìjǐ de hǎorén. Gē dēng kěyǐ shuō tā xiǎng yào shénme, tā bèi jùjuéle hěnduō cì.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 28 October 2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

That's better. Much easier to type when you are sober, ha, ha !

Comment

very good Scooby!!

That does surprise me given Elliots record in this race with Gigginstown horses. Would he have any non Gigginstown horses that he could competitively aim at this race? I just clocked Flawless Escape in the betting market but still has a bit to improve. Would Dinons qualify for this race? Same owners as Flawless Escape??

How come Mulcahys Hill can go for it again?
                            Last edited by The King Pimm; 28 October 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Added French and mandarin, if it helps

Basically, I think hes a poor bet at current prices and his form amounts to nothing. But if he won today, that would prove me well wrong.

On the other hand, if he wins today, O'Leary will take note, as he doesn't like running what he believes to be his good ones, in the NH chase. Gordon can say what he wants, hes been denied many times.
                              O'Leary doing what he wants wouldn’t put me off backing CC for this when Gordon says this is the plan, even more so when someone very shrewdly (not me) pointed out a few weeks ago that CC was a bigger price in the any race market (27/1 boost) than he was for this, so change of plan covered I supposed.

He won the Martin Pipe well (albeit weak renewal) which plenty of decent staying chasers have migrated from, and in his last start over hurdles in 2017 before missing the season he beat Penhill, Al Boum Photo and Presenting Percy over 3m. Was unfortunate to miss 2018 but I thought he ran a blinder on his second start back in 2019 beating subsequent 4 miler second Discorama and Any Second Now who went on to win at the festival. That second race came 3 weeks after his reappearance after having not run for just under 2 years. All of that looks strong enough to me.

His jumping the other day was very good and he looked to have plenty left in the tank which he should do over 2m 5f with a view to this. He’s ground versatile, has won at the festival before, is being aimed at the race (for now), BF & PP go shortest 10’s (usually a good sign), even at this stage we can say he will secure the services of a top amateur and he’s trained by someone who has won 2/5 of the last running’s.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                                very good Scooby!!

That does surprise me given Elliots record in this race with Gigginstown horses. Would he have any non Gigginstown horses that he could competitively aim at this race? I just clocked Flawless Escape in the betting market but still has a bit to improve. Would Dinons qualify for this race? Same owners as Flawless Escape??

How come Mulcahys Hill can go for it again?
                                O'Leary refused the likes of don poli/ roi des francs/ rule the world/ dounikos and to my knowledge refused to run champagne classic last year. Prior to his injury. Despite the trainers all saying they wanted to run them there. And all being antepost fav/ 2nd fav.

Hes loads that potentially could run.

Mulcahys hill diddnt win a race over fences in his novice year, so retains his status.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 28 October 2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X