Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
    The horse will stay 3m no problem. His finishing turn of foot doesnt work uphill however the same as it does on a flat track.

At Cheltenham he will be losing lengths at every fence and his turbo wont kick in up the hill.

Should go for the stayers hurdle as he has no answer to Dazzling Danny Whizbang.

Champagne Mystery may even take Champs position as Hendos best RSA chance though I think Champagme Mystery would want it testing in March.
    Sometimes i wonder is this Mr.Segal's Fat Jockey account......

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Form upheld
      Hard to say, Champagne Classic was disappointing and the 4 fences missed out didnt help his tactics.
      Safe to say Champ is probably better than Champagne Mystery though Dashel Dreaver has also probably improved for his seasonal debut against Champ.

Its ultimately all irrelevant as Champ isnt a natural over fences and these types dont win RSAs.

No horse will trouble Danny Whizbang here.
      Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 4 December 2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• The worst thing about Champ, is when I go to find him in my spreadsheet, I end up having to fire through "Champion Hurdle, Champion Bumper, Champion Chase" etc to find him

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          The worst thing about Champ, is when I go to find him in my spreadsheet, I end up having to fire through "Champion Hurdle, Champion Bumper, Champion Chase" etc to find him
          Realise a lot on here are huge Champ fans , personally I’m not convinced .

Lacks fluency in jumping ( to me not a natural jumper) and Bazza ( Sat Nav required)

Recognise has fantastic engine but there are “buts “ for me
          Minella v fluent in the jumping dept and Elliot eulogising over BOD, Billy Whizz in the wings

Looking forward

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
            Realise a lot on here are huge Champ fans , personally I’m not convinced .

Lacks fluency in jumping ( to me not a natural jumper) and Bazza ( Sat Nav required)

Recognise has fantastic engine but there are “buts “ for me
            Minella v fluent in the jumping dept and Elliot eulogising over BOD, Billy Whizz in the wings

Looking forward
            Massive champ fan, think he didn’t jump as well as he did on debut but his engine won him the race, everything that could have gone wrong did. He beat a good horse in black op going away in the end. He could have threw in the towel but had plenty left in the tank. They ran him over the wrong trip in the ballymore I think because they knew how damaging the Albert Bartlett can be to horses. They obviously know they have a proper tool on their hands. When he goes up to 3 miles I think we’ll see the best of him. RSA winner for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by philg12345 View Post
              Massive champ fan, think he didn’t jump as well as he did on debut but his engine won him the race, everything that could have gone wrong did. He beat a good horse in black op going away in the end. He could have threw in the towel but had plenty left in the tank. They ran him over the wrong trip in the ballymore I think because they knew how damaging the Albert Bartlett can be to horses. They obviously know they have a proper tool on their hands. When he goes up to 3 miles I think we’ll see the best of him. RSA winner for me.
              Has to improve his jumping to win this for me
              Covered at 10/1

Have included in ew multi’s as I see him placed as opposed to the winner.

As I say “ looking forward”

Comment

Champagne Mystery should easily despatch Dashel Dreaver today at Haydock which will not only weaken the form of champ but also provide Nicky with a more realistic RSA contender in Champagne Mystery. No prices available on him for RSA yet but should announce himself a player as of today.
                Poor run from CM and Drasher won very easily, not sure where he goes now ET, one of the novice handicaps maybe?

Comment

• Billy Whizzbang for the 4 miler no?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    Billy Whizzbang for the 4 miler no?
                    RSA most likely
                    Gold Cup not impossible
                    4 miler??????? No chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                      Poor run from CM and Drasher won very easily, not sure where he goes now ET, one of the novice handicaps maybe?
                      I wouldnt have a clue where he goes. Not a horse of interest to me. Fancied him to turn over Dashel yesterday thats about it. He didnt. Not on my radar.

Comment

I wouldnt have a clue where he goes. Not a horse of interest to me. Fancied him to turn over Dashel yesterday thats about it. He didnt. Not on my radar.
                        Lol, you fancied him to turn over Dashel and be Nicky's RSA horse over Champ. Let's be clear.

Comment

• Samcro update. Could go 3 miles so posting here

Comment

• Can understand that logic but hope he doesn’t. Would be an antepost nightmare for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              https://www.attheraces.com/news/2019...#8211;-elliott

Samcro update. Could go 3 miles so posting here
                              Gigginstown 3m chaser pecking order could be in for a shake up if Samcro steps up. I had Champagne Classic down for the 4 miler but he looks pretty good and i have reservations they wont aim higher with him. We know they have no problem aiming two at the RSA and injury might make a difficult decision easier, but if all make it fit and well something will go up to 4 miles. Based on what we've seen this season I may have to reluctantly concede its BOD. I hope not and the jury is till out on that one. Be interesting to see where they are all placed next time out and what Gordon says re their plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                Gigginstown 3m chaser pecking order could be in for a shake up if Samcro steps up. I had Champagne Classic down for the 4 miler but he looks pretty good and i have reservations they wont aim higher with him. We know they have no problem aiming two at the RSA and injury might make a difficult decision easier, but if all make it fit and well something will go up to 4 miles. Based on what we've seen this season I may have to reluctantly concede its BOD. I hope not and the jury is till out on that one. Be interesting to see where they are all placed next time out and what Gordon says re their plans.
                                I've always had the opinion that BoD will go for the 4 miler, you need pace to win an RSA, we haven't seen this from BoD this season yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X