Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    I’d have to add Battleoverdoyen to that list
    Can’t get last year out my head mate,that’s why I didn’t mention him.

Comment

• Carefully selected entered tomorrow over 3 surely won’t run??? When’s the 10up

Comment

• Comments on here stating Minella Indo hasn’t been impressive. He’s ran over an inadequate trip and was given a very easy time by the jockey. He’s then ran over his optimum trip and got the job done jumping well. Has he ever looked like falling ? Is he stopping at the line ??? Why do we think that he’s going to be ridden like it’s unthinkable to be beaten ?? Do we not think he’s being ridden with a target in mind ??

So in short ...... this thing is an out and out stayer and is being trained for one race in March. To say he hasn’t been impressive is simply irrelevant. The ability is clearly there and come March the so called Champ will be put in his place convincingly.

One more question ....... Do we think Champ actually wants 3 miles ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8

Yes
          Without the fences though
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 26 January 2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
            Comments on here stating Minella Indo hasn’t been impressive. He’s ran over an inadequate trip and was given a very easy time by the jockey. He’s then ran over his optimum trip and got the job done jumping well. Has he ever looked like falling ? Is he stopping at the line ??? Why do we think that he’s going to be ridden like it’s unthinkable to be beaten ?? Do we not think he’s being ridden with a target in mind ??

So in short ...... this thing is an out and out stayer and is being trained for one race in March. To say he hasn’t been impressive is simply irrelevant. The ability is clearly there and come March the so called Champ will be put in his place convincingly.

If you think its irrelevant that's fine. But he hasn't been impressive. He only ran to a figure of 143.

Champ wants 3 miles all day.
            His only entries are 3M.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              If you think its irrelevant that's fine. But its factual.

Champ wants 3 miles all day.
              His only entries are 3M.
              Factual ??? Your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
                Factual ??? Your opinion
                143 isn't impressive. Factually.

Comment

• I’m just taken with HDB comments after he is always excited about what’s to come with this horse

Comment

• Minella Indo (140P from 138P)

Apologies. I over estimated with 143 from memory.

Comment

• The 3 mile thing with champ ...... go back and watch last years Ballymore then we’ll discuss.
                      Finished his race off at 2 mile 5 ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Minella Indo (140P from 138P)

Apologies. I over estimated with 143 from memory.
                        So we rely on other people opinions to pick winners ???
                        Be an easy game if they were always right don’t ya think ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liverpoolchamp View Post
                          Can’t get last year out my head mate,that’s why I didn’t mention him.
                          Battleoverdoyen defo on the short list. Read below, will put your mind at ease

(Posted a while ago) Re Battleoverdoyen PU is never going to read well, but whilst the more recent winners of the RSA have been well known and emerged from either being victorious when last at Cheltenham (or going close), history paints a different picture. Blaklion pulled up in the Albert Bartlett before winning RSA. Boston’s Angel pulled up in an Albert Bartlett before winning an RSA. Might Bight couldn’t beat horses rated in the mid 120’s over hurdles 11 months before winning the RSA. O'Faolains Boy finished 20 lengths behind At Fishers Cross in the AB, before winning RSA. Lord Windermere finished 8th in his last hurdle race losing to rubbish horses before winning RSA. All of them won this having achieved nothing at Cheltenham over hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                            Battleoverdoyen defo on the short list. Read below, will put your mind at ease

(Posted a while ago) Re Battleoverdoyen PU is never going to read well, but whilst the more recent winners of the RSA have been well known and emerged from either being victorious when last at Cheltenham (or going close), history paints a different picture. Blaklion pulled up in the Albert Bartlett before winning RSA. Boston’s Angel pulled up in an Albert Bartlett before winning an RSA. Might Bight couldn’t beat horses rated in the mid 120’s over hurdles 11 months before winning the RSA. O'Faolains Boy finished 20 lengths behind At Fishers Cross in the AB, before winning RSA. Lord Windermere finished 8th in his last hurdle race losing to rubbish horses before winning RSA. All of them won this having achieved nothing at Cheltenham over hurdles.
                            Exactly. If Battleoverdoyen was a repeat offender at Cheltenham then fair enough. But he’s only been their once so hard to take that too literally as their were other reported issues at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Exactly. If Battleoverdoyen was a repeat offender at Cheltenham then fair enough. But he’s only been their once so hard to take that too literally as their were other reported issues at hand.
                              The string of 1's next to his name help too . I think a lot of us (myself included) thought CC would beat him but he didn't. I appreciate that race fell apart due the ground but he's definitely improving and a major player. He's the best jumper at the top of the market and whilst he's not the flashiest sort, I expect him to be there or thereabouts.

Comment

• One that's massively under rated. And I'll basically be backing him wherever he goes. Whether that's the ultima the 4miler or
                                even here , is copperhead.

Hes improved bundles for fences, and hes winning really well with something in hand.
                                I dont think his current mark would stop him in another big handicap. But tizzards not shy of putting them in grade 1s.

I'm not one that likes handicap form in graded races what so ever.
                                but if he hypothetically went straight here. I'd genuinely take a chance on him ew at 33s.

Comment

Working...
                                X