Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
    Will Fakir get the weight allowance in the arkle?
    Might not need it. Mullins team not expecting that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      No. 8 pounds swing if they both line up in the arkle. Would make them closely matched.

They'll prob rematch sooner than that.
      makes it alot more interesting then.. Fakir won pretty cosily I thought and was just nudged out after the last although alot of Mullins' horses looking like they need the run

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
        makes it alot more interesting then.. Fakir won pretty cosily I thought and was just nudged out after the last although alot of Mullins' horses looking like they need the run
        And Melon a stone better at Cheltenham. Melon wins. B365 going 16's ! Might top up again !!

Comment

• Buzzing. Well done Fakir

Comment

• Weight for age in 2M reduces for 4yo by 1lb per fortnight 2lb per month) from now until it disappears at the end of February.

8lb Nov 1-15
            7lb Nov 16-30

6lb Dec 1-15
            5lb Dec 16-31

4lb Jan 1-15
            3lb Jan 16-31

2lb Feb 1-14
            1lb Feb 15-29

Zero thereafter.

Yes their will be an 8lb pull in the weights by next March c/w today, but that’s only to reflect that a 4yo has matured by that much and is now able to race on level weights by March of their 5th year. The 5yo’s upwards (including Melon) have already had the chance to mature.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Star quality

Getaway Trump
              6g Getaway - Acinorev
              Owners Group 023
              24411-3
              RPR 142c OR 155c
              I hope he’s going to be a really smart novice chaser. He didn’t come back in until mid-August – a month later than the others – and he wasn’t quite ready when making his chasing debut at Cheltenham at the end of last month. But if he was going to run in Sunday’s Arkle Trial at Cheltenham I had to get a run into him somewhere, and he travelled and jumped beautifully before getting a bit tired and finishing third to Al Dancer. There’s an enormous amount of improvement to come and we’ll be quite happy to take on the winner again. To think the season before last we couldn’t even win a bumper with him. He was a bit free and lit up early in his carer but once he settled he just took off and has kept on improving. It wasn’t easy deciding whether to stick to hurdles or go chasing, but he’s always been a chaser on looks and he's obviously a really exciting prospect.

Comment

• Champagne Platinum and Precious Cargo entered up at Exeter on Wednesday over 2m3f. Both got complimentary write ups in the recent Henderson stable tour. Henderson form is red hot right now so you’d expect a decent performance from either if they’re going to be a player later in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  Champagne Platinum and Precious Cargo entered up at Exeter on Wednesday over 2m3f. Both got complimentary write ups in the recent Henderson stable tour. Henderson form is red hot right now so you’d expect a decent performance from either if they’re going to be a player later in the season.
                  I saw hendo replied to someone the other day saying he thinks CP probably needs further than 2M
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I saw hendo replied to someone the other day saying he thinks CP probably needs further than 2M
                    Definitely could be the case. Nearly all the stable tours should come with caveats with regards to trainers stating the wrong distances. Some can't even state the right discipline

Comment

• Pic D'Orhy fell yesterday in Auteuil, just thought I'd share for those who don't keep tabs on the French racing.

Comment

• I couldn't watch yesterday but just watched back and I am very impressed with Fakir. Jumped superbly and won cosily. Couldn't have asked for a better start, especially against Melon who also gave a good account of himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          I couldn't watch yesterday but just watched back and I am very impressed with Fakir. Jumped superbly and won cosily. Couldn't have asked for a better start, especially against Melon who also gave a good account of himself.
                          Yeah I think Fakir was pretty good. I'll look to add him with free bets at the end of the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Yeah I think Fakir was pretty good. I'll look to add him with free bets at the end of the month.
                            Plus has cheltenham experience and is not ground dependent.

Comment

• Added Fakir and couldn't help myself by mopping up best price again on Trump.

Comment

• Looks like Sunday’s trial could be a head to head again between al dancer and getaway trump. If al dancer wins again can we really see its price drop that much. Was hoping a few more notable names would turn up.

Comment

Working...
                                X