Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    There is so much pace in this; Al Dancer is going to get everything he needs and run the race of his life
    I was going to type the same sentence... but replace Al Dancer with Brewinupastorm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Mister Fisher has shortened up a fair bit on the exchanges, has there been anything said?
      Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
      Unibet blog he says Mister Fisher likely to go here after working with altior.
      Chatting **** then wasn't he

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        I was going to type the same sentence... but replace Al Dancer with Brewinupastorm!
        Can see that as well CCM

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Chatting **** then wasn't he
          Probably thought he was the fastest horse in the UK after scorching Altior on the gallops... until they found out Altior was running with 3 legs

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            Notebook 50-1 1pt B365 & 7-2 6pts Sky
            Brewinupastorm 25-1 1pt B365
            Fakir D'oudairies 25-1 1pt B365
            Cash Back 33-1 1pt ew PP

Think I'll stick with this.
            Might add small bet on something like esprit or even the absolute useless twat Al Dancer, in case there is a massive pace collapse of some sort.
            I'll have another think
            I did similar yesterday and added Al Dancer and Mister Fisher.

I don't like Al Dancer at all, but FM will not shut up about him

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
              Probably thought he was the fastest horse in the UK after scorching Altior on the gallops... until they found out Altior was running with 3 legs
              Left Charli Parcs for dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                Unibet blog he says Mister Fisher likely to go here after working with altior.
                Henderson - the gift that keeps on giving................

to the bookies

Comment

• I can't see past Brewinupastorm in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Shelby View Post
                    I can't see past Brewinupastorm in this one.
                    Why's that?

Comment

• Can't have Brewinupastorm, only two chases to his name and he's being dropped in an arkle which will be ran at a electric pace

Can see him being left behind, hit a few and struggle

Comment

Left Charli Parcs for dead.
                        But still behind Brain Power.

Comment

• The Arkle is well hard.

I've got
                          Notebook 50/1
                          Cash Back 33/1
                          Fakir 20/1
                          Brewin 15/1
                          Al Dancer 20/1 (added recently)

I thought I'd be thrilled to bits, but just checking the dangers:

Maire Banrigh is unbeaten, beat Thomas Darby who I really like, bang their on ratings, no nonsense kind of ride, jumps well.
                          Espirit Du Large form reads 211 and the last win was a Grade 1.
                          Global Citizen has some impressive hurdles form beating Silver Streak who placed in a CH and he won a Grade 2 last time beating two of todays rivals in Al Dancer and my next horse:
                          Rouge Vif - he beat Nube Negra further than Espirit Du Large did in the grade 1 .... however he got soundly beaten by:
                          Put The Kettle On who has a little bit to find on ratings but her form is an impressive looking 3111121, the latest the C&D grade 2 arkle trial in November.

So the only horse I can rule out winning the Arkle is Our Merlin

I'm half tempted to cash Al Dancer again.
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 8 March 2020, 11:40 PM.

Comment

The Arkle is well hard.

I've got
                            Notebook 50/1
                            Cash Back 33/1
                            Fakir 20/1
                            Brewin 15/1
                            Al Dancer 20/1 (added recently)

I thought I'd be thrilled to bits, but just checking the dangers:

Maire Banrigh is unbeaten, beat Thomas Darby who I really like, bang their on ratings, no nonsense kind of ride, jumps well.
                            Espirit Du Large form reads 211 and the last win was a Grade 1.
                            Global Citizen has some impressive hurdles form beating Silver Streak who placed in a CH and he won a Grade 2 last time beating two of todays rivals in Al Dancer and my next horse:
                            Rouge Vif - he beat Nube Negra further than Espirit Du Large did in the grade 1 .... however he got soundly beaten by:
                            Put The Kettle On who has a little bit to find on ratings but her form is an impressive looking 3111121, the latest the C&D grade 2 arkle trial in November.

So the only horse I can rule out winning the Arkle is Our Merlin

I'm half tempted to cash Al Dancer again.
                            I can't bring myself to back and of these when they're shorter prices than the prices I have for the 4 ahead of them in the betting.

That was my thought process on 26th Feb#652 ..... so I'll stick to it now - hard though, those two mares are speaking to me

Comment

I can't bring myself to back and of these when they're shorter prices than the prices I have for the 4 ahead of them in the betting.

That was my thought process on 26th Feb#652 ..... so I'll stick to it now - hard though, those two mares are speaking to me
                              deleted post
                              Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 9 March 2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

You have some great prices there. For me, this race comes down to whether you believe in the Irish form or not. I have been a sceptic all year and what put me over the edge was the frame by frame comparison of the Chacun Pour Soi and Notebook races at the DRF. CPS's race was significantly faster at every point of the race and by more than I would have thought explained by experienced versus novice chasers.
                                It will be a frenetic pace and, while Maire Banrigh has front run, she doesn't need to and that could make all of the difference. She jumps exceptionally well and that will allow her to maintain her position and be ready to pick up the pieces as she stays further.I watched her point win again yesterday and was reminded why she cost 320000. If it had have been genuine good to soft, she would have been my banker of the entire meeting; as is is, I still think she has a real chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X