Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    I think he'll shorten too, good old Tom Segal will make sure of that, will you be looking to trade him off?

He's another one, like Getaway Trump for me, that I'd be keen up in trip. I don't think they are best suited to 2m.
    I'll see how it goes but I'll probably look to trade a couple of my Arkle bets at some point. There are quite a few that I like (and have already backed).

Comment

• After Ben Pauling’s comments today I’m considering pulling the trigger on global citizen for this.

Think he’s one of the highest rated that’s going to be novice chasing this year and I do like the way he tanks through his races.

I think riding him from the front is the way to go with him. He skips over his hurdles so hopefully he’ll do the same over his fences and is quick through the air.

My only reservation is he doesn’t look like he finds too much when he’s put under pressure....oh and his run in the champion hurdle wasn’t great either.

Anyone else fancy him?

Comment

• Been thinking about it sprinter , But reservations about whether he's a flat tracker , and Ben pauling mentioned.
        him going further than two miles.

Comment

• Race mentioned as a target for Western Ryder

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            Race mentioned as a target for Western Ryder
            Ah shit, here we go again

Comment

• Evening all, seen a few things have been talked about with reserve tank on the forum recently with him expected to make his chase debut this weekend, has anyone considered him for this race? I would agree with majority who think jlt over 2 and a half would suit him best going on what he's shown so far in his career but I was looking at the arkle market earlier and noticed how short of price Ladbrokes and coral have him for this race and with them being tizzards yard sponsor just got me thinking maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together but was wondering what others thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                Evening all, seen a few things have been talked about with reserve tank on the forum recently with him expected to make his chase debut this weekend, has anyone considered him for this race? I would agree with majority who think jlt over 2 and a half would suit him best going on what he's shown so far in his career but I was looking at the arkle market earlier and noticed how short of price Ladbrokes and coral have him for this race and with them being tizzards yard sponsor just got me thinking maybe I'm putting 2 and 2 together but was wondering what others thought
                Tiz said he could easily go back in distance as well when talking about his Chepstow entry over 2m 3f ? He is 7/1 TWAR which is a no brainer with this one in view of trainer/connections.

Comment

• Anyone on Fakir D’O? Blake mentioned could go chasing this week and JP seems to have far many more JLT options than for this. May take 25/1

Comment

• Draconien confirmed as back in training

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                      Draconien confirmed as back in training
                      Thanks Crolwey, where did you see this?

Comment

• Ruby Walsh was live with a few questions

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                          Draconien confirmed as back in training
                          Thanks Crolwey, thats excellent news

Comment

• Ruby gives even less away now than he did when he was riding; these Q+A’s are a waste of time really

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              Ruby gives even less away now than he did when he was riding; these Q+A’s are a waste of time really
                              I never expect Ruby to be too free with information, frustratingly that's just the way that he is. Just have to take what we can get. It doesn't help when the question is as simple as 'is Draconien in training'. Gives Ruby a simple yes or no answer when obviously we want a lot more. Should have said 'is Draconien still in training and do you think he will live up to Willies comments last season of being in the same league as Footpad'. That would have been an answer I would have been interested in, but at least he's well and confirmed as in training. That's more than we had this morning

Comment

• Don't suppose anyone has heard anything regarding Sharjah?

I've e-mailed the yard, asked some guys on Twitter (through a friend), but not one reply, which is a bit concerning seeing as all I was asking about was the welfare of the horse and not future plans!

Comment

Working...
                                X