Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    I’m in the same boat, haven’t given it any consideration at all but the front three in the market are all very keen going types that may end up cutting each other’s throats. There’s also very little value to be had in them now. One coming off the pace may have an edge up the hill.

I’ll have to do some homework tonight. Don’t really like the Adonis as a trial anymore. Less than 3 weeks between races could take a toll on a 4yr old.

edit: that being said Fujimoto Flyer did win at Auteuil only a couple of weeks after Killarney.
    I dont see it, itll take a VERY good horse to peg back allmankind, who has shown he powers away in heavy ground and finds it up the cheltenham hill

Comment

I’m in the same boat, haven’t given it any consideration at all but the front three in the market are all very keen going types that may end up cutting each other’s throats. There’s also very little value to be had in them now. One coming off the pace may have an edge up the hill.

I’ll have to do some homework tonight. Don’t really like the Adonis as a trial anymore. Less than 3 weeks between races could take a toll on a 4yr old.

edit: that being said Fujimoto Flyer did win at Auteuil only a couple of weeks after Killarney.
      I wonder if everybody is thinking the same about them cutting each others throats.

Surely the jockeys are brighter than that.

it's the kind of thing the preview circuit will say over and over and over again and I'll get so bored of hearing it that I'll just want to be against the grain and assume it's factored into the prices

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I wonder if everybody is thinking the same about them cutting each others throats.

it's the kind of thing the preview circuit will say over and over and over again and I'll get so bored of hearing it that I'll just want to be against the grain and assume it's factored into the prices
        You not tempted with Allmankind @ 5/1 Kev? Priced that short for all the right reasons no?

Slick jumper
        Not ground dependent
        Lovely flat profile and mark
        Cheltenham form & experience
        Graded form and overall form
        Incredible engine

I add that last point because as I have mentioned a 'couple' of times before, IMO it is impossible to run that keenly round Chepstow in heavy conditions, clock a very good time and then hit the line as strongly as that without being a complete weapon. I think he'll produce another devastating front-running display and put them all under pressure

It sounds bullish to say a month out but what beats him? Goshen jumping the way he has with the above questions to answer? Aspire Tower who may or may not have beaten the horse Allmankind beat 9L with his head in his chest? A Wave Of The Sea who is at a similar level to Cerberus? Mick Pastor who Allmankind beat 40L at Cheltenham? Botox Has who Allmankind has accounted for.

Tons of money came for Allmankind on trials day and I think the same will happen over the next month and he'll go off clear fav.

Gonna have to change my profile pic to Allmankind aren't I.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
          You not tempted with Allmankind @ 5/1 Kev? Priced that short for all the right reasons no?

Slick jumper
          Not ground dependent
          Lovely flat profile and mark
          Cheltenham form & experience
          Graded form and overall form
          Incredible engine

I add that last point because as I have mentioned a 'couple' of times before, IMO it is impossible to run that keenly round Chepstow in heavy conditions, clock a very good time and then hit the line as strongly as that without being a complete weapon. I think he'll produce another devastating front-running display and put them all under pressure

It sounds bullish to say a month out but what beats him? Goshen jumping the way he has with the above questions to answer? Aspire Tower who may or may not have beaten the horse Allmankind beat 9L with his head in his chest? A Wave Of The Sea who is at a similar level to Cerberus? Mick Pastor who Allmankind beat 40L at Cheltenham? Botox Has who Allmankind has accounted for.

Tons of money came for Allmankind on trials day and I think the same will happen over the next month and he'll go off clear fav.

Gonna have to change my profile pic to Allmankind aren't I.
          Leave it out mate, if your trying to be a bigger fan boy then me. You can swivel

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
            Leave it out mate, if your trying to be a bigger fan boy then me. You can swivel
            I love the look of the horse to be honest. I can’t see how he gets beat if he gets round. He’s the horse I’m most bullish about for the whole week. Probably a slice of pocket talk but I really believe in him

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
              One I've been looking out for! But a quick glance stats and trends showing horses running this close to Fez and running in this race aren't ideal!! But be good to have in it rather than a no show and put away for next year!
              that sounds wrong .. quite a few triumph winners have gone via Kempton IIRC and thats later than Wincanton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Too much of the reins can empty the tank too Kev. Opening race of the busiest festival day, tensions running high & three young horses eager to make the pace. I know I’d rather have one sitting off them in behind.
                Last edited by SeanRock; 6 February 2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Too much of the reins can empty the tank too Kev. Opening race of the busiest festival day, tensions running high & three young horses eager to make the pace. I know I’d rather have one sitting off them in behind.
                  Yep, I think you defo need one of each, just in case the runaways fold, or if one of them doesn’t come back to the field.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                    that sounds wrong .. quite a few triumph winners have gone via Kempton IIRC and thats later than Wincanton
                    Think Pentland Hills winning last year was 19/20 days. But before that they either ran at End of January meeting @ Cheltenham or the start of February @ Leopardstown. Suppose it's not too far a difference when look at it, and last year winner as said did run 19 days before, so maybe looked at it wrong at first glance!

In fact maybe I'm going to be Devils advocate here, stats and trends are against Allmankind!! (Just to clarify I am in the fan club, so just completely condridicting myself completely here, ha!)

Comment

• I’d still be exactly how I was at Christmas for this race.. it’s Allmankind and Aspire Tower for me.

Delighted to see the hype train for Goshen just keeps on rolling as it’s making the market for my two

Edit - Worth dating actually I lost four points on Rayapour but in free bets. He was a bit of a flier from the forum.

Comment

• More Goshen form franked today with Homer winning.

Forgot to add Thyme White winning a listed hurdle over the weekend at Musselburgh too.

Comment

• Grand Roi's entry in the Triumph is only speculative just incase, hoping to run again in the next week which tell us more but I wouldnt think he will end up here unless he does something very special, more likely to be aimed at other targets away from Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            More Goshen form franked today with Homer winning.

Forgot to add Thyme White winning a listed hurdle over the weekend at Musselburgh too.
                            Tbf if Homer is 20% as good as we all thought he was 3 months ago then he really should be smashing a 115 horse in receipt of 8lbs. Don't think that tells us much about Goshen mind, but the Thyme White form line goes in the plus column

I am going to have a look at the race this weekend and see if I can find something at big price for a bit of an EW angle.

Comment

• I was very taken with Goshen's Sandown win and confess to having a small play for the Triumph, people in here were very critical of his jumping but ex flat horses usually take time to adjust to the NH game and I took the view he would iron out those issues.
                              Rated 88 on the level and no question he improved hugely as a 3yo so probably more to come...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                I was very taken with Goshen's Sandown win and confess to having a small play for the Triumph, people in here were very critical of his jumping but ex flat horses usually take time to adjust to the NH game and I took the view he would iron out those issues.
                                Rated 88 on the level and no question he improved hugely as a 3yo so probably more to come...
                                I re-watched his most recent win at Ascot and noticed his jumping to the right was mostly early on in the race or when he raced alone, he jumped a couple lovely when alongside Manucci.

He's not ended up on his backside yet, unlike Aspire Tower, so for all it is sketchy, I have never felt like he is going to fall because of it, lose ground, possibly, but I'll back his engine in that instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X