Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    His best performance on your beloved RPRs has been at Punchestown which I believe you are quoted elsewhere as saying is undulating.

As for Elegant Escape, these are the recent thoughts of Joe:
    https://www.timeform.com/horse-racin...2pAhbiDzD0GXvQ
    I at no point said Kemboy doesnt handle undulating tracks I said he is a better horse on a flat sharpish track which I believe true.
    I think he is flattered by his rise in the weights and 'apparent' best form for beating The Gold Cup winner at Punchestown. The performance to win the gold cup probably took a lot out of him and he made a lot of mistakes. Not surprising that Kemboy after his 1st fence unseat simply had more in the finish that time. I dont see Kemboy beating Al Boum Photo at Cheltenham though Al Boum does have a high percentage of falling .

As for Joes quotes add whatever is in your link to " he will definitely run in the becher chase", "he wont run in the Ladbrokes Trophy".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautothegreat8 View Post
      Yet Kemboy beat him fair and square last season and Presenting Percy smashed him in the RSA. It takes a very special horse to retain a Gold Cup. Denman couldn’t so it, Kauto couldn’t do it. Is he a Best Mate ??? I’m not so sure. It’s a proper open race and as we stand at the moment I would say the value is Native River and prey for soft or heavy.
      It takes an ultra special one to regain it.

Native River certainly ain't Kauto Star

Comment

• I would be racing Native River in Veterans chases from here to the end of his career. Some of the veterans races are quite competitive and I could see him thriving in those
        races. If he turned up at cheltenham it would be his 4th gold cup. He wouldnt even place and would most likely be pulled up.
        Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 29 December 2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Kemboy caught him after the GC. And it was a very good duel.

Presenting percy form is long, long gone. And he fell when coming into contention for starters. Then has won everything going since.
          Can't believe you still think ABP was going to get anywhere near him in that RSA

Have heard Ruby asked about it a few times now and every time he has said he wasn't going to get within a dozen lengths of PP and he was going to beat him easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Can't believe you still think ABP was going to get anywhere near him in that RSA

Have heard Ruby asked about it a few times now and every time he has said he wasn't going to get within a dozen lengths of PP and he was going to beat him easily.
            He was beat before he fell

Comment

• Of course Al Boum Photo was beat whether he fell or not in the RSA. He was never going to reel Percy in on that day. Al Boum Photo ultimately was the horse who did it at the top level though regardless if he is as good, better or regressing this season. Percy has never won a graded chase in open company and is unlikely to ever do so now (grade 1).

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                Of course Al Boum Photo was beat whether he fell or not in the RSA. He was never going to reel Percy in on that day. Al Boum Photo ultimately was the horse who did it at the top level though regardless if he is as good, better or regressing this season. Percy has never won a graded chase in open company and is unlikely to ever do so now (grade 1).
                Completely disagree ...... he was never right last term and has run in races that wouldn’t suit him so far this season. This is a horse who was winning over 3m 5f so to expect him to win over 2m 4f and a 3 mile race at Leopardstown that’s notorious for speedy horses just isn’t plausible. If there’s one race on the planet that would suit Percy it’s the gold cup. If he gets there sound and gets beat fair and square I’ll hold my hands up and say I’m wrong but until then I certainly wouldn’t give up hope.

Comment

• When Presenting Percy was 3rd at Punchestown this seaspn he was booked for 4th place until Reel Steel made a complete mess of the last.
                  PP has had 3 chase runs outside of his novice season and has been 5/8, 8/16 and the lucky place 3/9.
                  His weapon of mass destruction in his brilliant 2017/2018 novice season was that he was more developed than his rivals who have all progressed past him now in open company.
                  He no longer has a weapon of mass destruction and is merely a very good race horsr but not a super star or even close.

Comment

When Presenting Percy was 3rd at Punchestown this seaspn he was booked for 4th place until Reel Steel made a complete mess of the last.
                    PP has had 3 chase runs outside of his novice season and has been 5/8, 8/16 and the lucky place 3/9.
                    His weapon of mass destruction in his brilliant 2017/2018 novice season was that he was more developed than his rivals who have all progressed past him now in open company.
                    He no longer has a weapon of mass destruction and is merely a very good race horsr but not a super star or even close.
                    Never said he was a superstar. There isn’t a superstar in the 3 mile division, it’s a very open division.

Comment

• The most impressive piece of staying chase form I have seen this season has been from Delta Work. I would be delighted if I was on this horse at big odds and he is now a heavyweight gold cup contender. For me he should be at least joint favourite with Al Boum Photo. Though the 10/1 doesnt entice me 3 months away from the race I think he could easily be the winner though and may end up backing him close to the race if everything goes well between now and March. Will see what price he is and could see myself adding him as back up for The Champ following the Tizzards campaign of terror.

Comment

• We’re defo gonna disagree here so I think I will leave it there

Comment

• The more I look at Delta Work the stronger he gets. Winner of 5 of his 7 chases and there are clear reasons why the two defeats happened. He was obviously now very much in need of his 1st run back this season and his 3rd in the RSA was clearly very good as he was only 6 where as the two horses who beat him Topofthegame and Santini were both 7yo novices.
                          He has developed and is a triple novice grade 1 winner and has now won one of the key gold cup trials in the Savilles Chase grade 1.
                          He has already won at the festival over hurdles and appears to have no holes in him as he loves Cheltenham, handles the festival atmosphere and has experience of it and is fast improving. Will be ready to peak in the gold cup as a 7yo.

I am on now. Could easily go off 3/1 fav. Changed my mind. He looks the winner. The champ will need to be at the top of his game but actually 16.0 is superb now he has the Savilles chase in the bag. He appears to be a gold cup winner in waiting.

My 3rd antepost bet of the festival following

GOLD CUP:

ELEGANT ESCAPE win 160.0
                          DELTA WORK win 16.0

RSA -

ew DANNY WHIZZBANG 50/1

Comment

The more I look at Delta Work the stronger he gets. Winner of 5 of his 7 chases and there are clear reasons why the two defeats happened. He was obviously now very much in need of his 1st run back this season and his 3rd in the RSA was clearly very good as he was only 6 where as the two horses who beat him Topofthegame and Santini were both 7yo novices.
                            He has developed and is a triple novice grade 1 winner and has now won one of the key gold cup trials in the Savilles Chase grade 1.
                            He has already won at the festival over hurdles and appears to have no holes in him as he loves Cheltenham, handles the festival atmosphere and has experience of it and is fast improving. Will be ready to peak in the gold cup as a 7yo.

I am on now. Could easily go off 3/1 fav. Changed my mind. He looks the winner. The champ will need to be at the top of his game but actually 16.0 is superb now he has the Savilles chase in the bag. He appears to be a gold cup winner in waiting.

My 3rd antepost bet of the festival following

GOLD CUP:

ELEGANT ESCAPE win 160.0
                            DELTA WORK win 16.0

RSA -

ew DANNY WHIZZBANG 50/1
                            Agree with pretty much everything you’ve said there about Delta Work. Not sure we’ve ever agreed on anything ET

Comment

• I agree Delta Work is a definite runner but I can’t get my head around the Danny Whizzbang loving... really? That’s for another thread obviously

Comment

• Tramore tomorrow:
                                Al Boum Photo
                                Voix Du Reve
                                Acapella Bourgeois
                                Shattered Love

Comment

Working...
                                X