Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Request-a-Bets (was 'Sky Bets' thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

That’s probably won the ‘worst price in the history of punting’ award, just horrendous.
    He’s 3/1 any race 2022 so that 40/1 makes him
    9/1 to win a Gold Cup in 23 months time.
    Sky continue to embarrass themselves more and more, just no excuses.

Becoming part of the Betfair/Paddy Power group was never going to be be good news for punters but Sky’s pricing in the last month has proved this, horrific effort from a once much respected outfit now turned clowns....
    Yeah I thought 40/1 was a joke... a few of their RABs have some value, most of their antepost prices have been abysmal this year.

Comment

• 33s and 50s, fair enough.
      I backed Minella Indo at 33s in March 2020 (for 2021) and Monkfish 40/1 in Feb 2021 (for 2022) so that suggests 40/1 for Bob O for a race in 23 months is an insult in itself and that includes winning a race in 2022 too.
      I’d have thought the 2021 any race/2021 Gold Cup double should be no less than 100/1....

Comment

33s and 50s, fair enough.
        I backed Minella Indo at 33s in March 2020 (for 2021) and Monkfish 40/1 in Feb 2021 (for 2022) so that suggests 40/1 for Bob O for a race in 23 months is an insult in itself and that includes winning a race in 2022 too.
        I’d have thought the 2021 any race/2021 Gold Cup double should be no less than 100/1....
        Agree. I never entertain those sort of bets. It's difficult enough getting a horse to run at the Fez let alone run in the right race . Getting there and winning any race and then getting there and winning the GC !!! Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Agree. I never entertain those sort of bets. It's difficult enough getting a horse to run at the Fez let alone run in the right race . Getting there and winning any race and then getting there and winning the GC !!! Nah.
          On reflection he should probably be 150/1 or bigger.
          2 years out the level of unpredictability is incalculable and when MI/Monkfish were backable at 33/1 and 40/1 they’d both had almost an entire novice chase season, what Sky are asking you to do it take a similar price with an added years risk with the horse being 6 months away from jumping a fence in public.
          200/1 would be a price I’d consider taking, 150/1 less so but not hugely unreasonable, 40/1
          is just an insult...

Comment

On reflection he should probably be 150/1 or bigger.
            2 years out the level of unpredictability is incalculable and when MI/Monkfish were backable at 33/1 and 40/1 they’d both had almost an entire novice chase season, what Sky are asking you to do it take a similar price with an added years risk with the horse being 6 months away from jumping a fence in public.
            200/1 would be a price I’d consider taking, 150/1 less so but not hugely unreasonable, 40/1
            is just an insult...
            Yep. Of course the odd one or two do work out and then the price to win the final leg looks superb but bets like that are a bookies dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Yep. Of course the odd one or two do work out and then the price to win the final leg looks superb but bets like that are a bookies dream.

....I wonder how Sky fared on their RaBs this year. Lots on here were on at least 2 successful 200-1 shots (inc Bob O/Appreciate It a/r), not to mention plenty shorter that went in. Adding to that, the Shishkin Arkle/CC and Monkfish RSA/GC liabilities for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

....I wonder how Sky fared on their RaBs this year.
                I’d be fairly confident they won plenty as they always do.
                So many of these include horses that don’t make it to race week and when the likes of Envoi hit the ground it has to take out a big chunk.
                Great to see a few land and I’m surprised Sky don’t make more of that as a marketing tool but every chance 90%+ of those quoted in the Summer will be dead
                before March...

Comment

I’d be fairly confident they won plenty as they always do.
                  So many of these include horses that don’t make it to race week and when the likes of Envoi hit the ground it has to take out a big chunk.
                  Great to see a few land and I’m surprised Sky don’t make more of that as a marketing tool but every chance 90%+ of those quoted in the Summer will be dead
                  before March...

...yep, getting to the meeting is an achievement in itself. Another factor is steering clear of a/r multiples where 2 selections have a strong chance of meeting in March. It didn’t help Sky that so many of the fancied ones went in & if they did make a profit I doubt that would’ve been the case had Envoi stood up.

I admit to having had a really good meeting largely because of RaBs but do think you have to be selective when backing them.
                  Last edited by Eggs; 13 April 2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

...yep, getting to the meeting is an achievement in itself. Another factor is steering clear of a/r multiples where 2 selections have a strong chance of meeting in March. It didn’t help Sky that so many of the fancied ones went in & if they did make a profit I doubt that would’ve been the case had Envoi stood up.

I admit to having had a really good meeting largely because of RaBs but do think you have to be selective when backing them.
                    Yep, I think another consideration is that the majority of racing punters with Sky probably use the Cheltenham RABs for their free fivers every week so though they now seem to be restricting so many accounts getting a fiver on is an achievement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Is anyone able to request Bob Olinger to win Any Race 2022 and Gold Cup 2023?
                      I'd be interested in the same for My Drogo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprinter Sacre View Post

I'd be interested in the same for My Drogo.
                        I asked Will Hill for this & the same bet for Bob Olinger - they’ve refused to price it saying they’re not offering odds on the 2023 Festival... said the TWAR market for next year will be up in 7 days...

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post

I asked Will Hill for this & the same bet for Bob Olinger - they’ve refused to price it saying they’re not offering odds on the 2023 Festival... said the TWAR market for next year will be up in 7 days...

...cheers, I was coming to the assumption they weren’t doing an a/r market. Wonder if multiples will be allowed.

Comment

No worries, thanks for trying!

Comment

The win any race markets for Cheltenham 22 at WH are up on their app now, multiples can't be selected unfortunately, it's not giving me the option of doing any doubles, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by That Horse View Post

The win any race markets for Cheltenham 22 at WH are up on their app now, multiples can't be selected unfortunately, it's not giving me the option of doing any doubles, etc
                                A quick selection of whats on offer. Edit: Sod it, i'll type them all out.

Shishkin 4/5
                                Bob Olinger 7/4
                                Appreciate It 7/4
                                Sir Gerhard 2/1
                                Allaho 5/2
                                Kilcruit 5/2
                                Envoi Allen 4/1
                                Thyme Hill 4/1
                                Tiger Roll 4/1
                                Jonbon 5/1
                                Stattler 5/1
                                Put The Kettle On 6/1
                                Bravemansgame 6/1
                                Energumene 6/1
                                Tellmesomethinggirl 6/1
                                Quilixios 6/1
                                Shewearsitwell 6/1
                                Vanillier 7/1
                                Journey With Me 7/1
                                Three Stripe Life 14/1
                                The Bosses Oscar 14/1
                                Torygraph 14/1
                                The Big Breakaway 16/1
                                Editeur Du Gite 16/1
                                Stage Star 16/1
                                Pencilfulloflead 16/1
                                Last edited by Atlantic Viking; 14 April 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X