Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    Have heard a couple of good reports about Gavin Cromwell's Vanillier lads, he done a serious piece of work with Flooring Porter last week apparantly. He was sick at the DRF so can put a line though that result. I've cashed out my only punt in the race on Torygraph & put it on Vanillier.
    Lovely stuff. Only had a small ew but I wouldnt have had anything if id not seen this. Thank you.

Comment

Have heard a couple of good reports about Gavin Cromwell's Vanillier lads, he done a serious piece of work with Flooring Porter last week apparantly. He was sick at the DRF so can put a line though that result. I've cashed out my only punt in the race on Torygraph & put it on Vanillier.
      Great shout that

Well done

Comment

• Brilliant Sean. Form was there in the past as well but your positive report looks like its made a few people decent money.

Comment

• Go on the lads, sluiced up!

Comment

• Fantastic Sean thanks a lot for that

Comment

• Farouk d'alene looks pretty good now all of a sudden

Hopefully he makes punchestown

Comment

Well there mate

Comment

• SeanRock fair play chap... fair play!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lbur4288 View Post
                    For me, this is a race I find extremely difficult to find a horse and back it with absolute belief that it has a chance. With my method of building a book, I cover the race anyway but I don't tend to have much riding on it.

In this race I have backed Vanillier at 33s. I've done this on the basis that, albeit over a shorter trip, he's already beaten (and been beaten by) Stattler who is 5/1f. I think its a huge difference in price and with a line through his last run I think its too big a gap in terms of the price. The tactics used in the last race saw Vanillier sat out the back of the field and never really put into the race. Previously, he's been ridding close to the pace. Even in his last race he started to stay on towards the finish admittedly when it was far too late. The longer trip will suit IMO.

It's a long shot I know but for a race I am struggling with this is one of the better cases I can put forward. Not the only horse I have backed here but not huge stakes either so I feel its worth chancing at the price. I like Gavin Cromwell as a trainer and I feel he wouldn't waste an entry just for the sake of having a runner at the festival.

Let's see how this post looks next week lol.
                    I also mentioned this. Not that I want my back patting lol.

Comment

Great price you got there

Comment

I’ll pat it for you! Outstanding selection bud

Comment

• Cheers. Even better is I didn't realise I went in a few times on my Paddy Power account with the free bets. Happy days.

Comment

Thank you to SeanRock for this post on the morning of the race as it reminded me that I had backed the horse at 33s/40s earlier in the season only to cash out after disappointing at the DRF. This post prompted me to re-add as I had the front of the market well covered and plenty of scope to add a juicy each way shot with extra places. Cheers Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post

Thank you to SeanRock for this post on the morning of the race as it reminded me that I had backed the horse at 33s/40s earlier in the season only to cash out after disappointing at the DRF. This post prompted me to re-add as I had the front of the market well covered and plenty of scope to add a juicy each way shot with extra places. Cheers Sean
                              Time will tell how good this years crop were/are but that was a seriously taking performance, Vanillier was only being nudged/kept up to his work approaching the last when everything else was flat to the boards, one smack shortly after landing and he absolutely took off putting clear daylight between the field, it was how he responded to that smack that caught my eye.
                              What his future plans are and how good he ends up is open for debate but he is certainly exciting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Time will tell how good this years crop were/are but that was a seriously taking performance, Vanillier was only being nudged/kept up to his work approaching the last when everything else was flat to the boards, one smack shortly after landing and he absolutely took off putting clear daylight between the field, it was how he responded to that smack that caught my eye.
                                What his future plans are and how good he ends up is open for debate but he is certainly exciting...
                                Yeh he was so impressive he made taking him out the race fairly easy. If he'd just held on it would have been much harder to weigh up, but he's a proper animal after that performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X