Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
    I haven't backed her yet but I've been tempted to have a little punt on Honeysuckle for the Champion Hurdle at 50s. I think the 2 mile hurdlers might not be the best about, with last year's winner missing Buveur Dair maybe on the decline and Klassical Dream unproven in open company so far. Also the Mares has the potential to look more competitive than ever with Laurina, Benie, Roksana and Apples Jade.
    Im not sure id subscribe to Buveur Dair on the decline, last run was a G1 win at the Punchestown Festival and the form book described it as comfortable, I note you said maybe on the decline though lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
      Opinion or information?
      Has to be opinion!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Im not sure id subscribe to Buveur Dair on the decline, last run was a G1 win at the Punchestown Festival and the form book described it as comfortable, I note you said maybe on the decline though lol.
        Buveur may well still be good enough but he’s certainly not improving at 8. Like many, I’m all over KD but you’re right taylorch he still has to prove it... there are worse 50s pokes IMO, interesting shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          Opinion or information?
          Gut feeling

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
            I haven't backed her yet but I've been tempted to have a little punt on Honeysuckle for the Champion Hurdle at 50s. I think the 2 mile hurdlers might not be the best about, with last year's winner missing Buveur Dair maybe on the decline and Klassical Dream unproven in open company so far. Also the Mares has the potential to look more competitive than ever with Laurina, Benie, Roksana and Apples Jade.
            I'll deffo have a saver on her for the Champion as she is overpriced on what she's done but I reckon it'll come a year too early and that the Mares is the race for her this season.

Comment

• Backed Ard Abhainn in the last at Gowran tomorrow and for the Mares Novice Hurdle at 40/1.

The form of her Punchestown bumper win is working out nicely & connections seem to be very sweet on her future. Gordon mentioned starting her off in a listed bumper before going over hurdles in his recent stable tour.
              Last edited by SeanRock; 3 October 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                Buveur may well still be good enough but he’s certainly not improving at 8. Like many, I’m all over KD but you’re right taylorch he still has to prove it... there are worse 50s pokes IMO, interesting shout.
                I think we can all accept the BD isnt going to improve his figures over 2miles, but think its far from certain that he is on the decline, in fact id rate him as one of the best bets of the festival at his current price. Klassical Dreams price looks incredibly short and in a match bet I think most would price BD fav, I dont see how you couldnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                  I think we can all accept the BD isnt going to improve his figures over 2miles, but think its far from certain that he is on the decline, in fact id rate him as one of the best bets of the festival at his current price. Klassical Dreams price looks incredibly short and in a match bet I think most would price BD fav, I dont see how you couldnt.
                  Yeah, in a match bet running today, I wouldn’t argue, but I’d be disappointed if KD didn’t progress sufficiently throughout the season to change my view come March. I’m not knocking BD Billy just personally think his price is about right at the mo.

Comment

Yeah, in a match bet running today, I wouldn’t argue, but I’d be disappointed if KD didn’t progress sufficiently throughout the season to change my view come March. I’m not knocking BD Billy just personally think his price is about right at the mo.
                    Fair enough pal wish u luck. Personally have bd as one of the best antepost prices for festival

Comment

I agree. Think we have seen the best of BD. He is on the decline and will find 2 or 3 too good for him.

Comment

• Being a forum full of Cheltenham Festival fans, it would be normal for us to have fondness for prior year Festival winners, because we have backed them when they won, or if we didn’t, we think that a repeat of a win is the first place to look.

Looking back at March 2019 Festival results, how many
                        a) won for the second year running? or
                        b) at a Cheltenham Festival prior to that.

The answer is

a) 2 - Altior 4/11 fav, and Tiger Roll 5/4 fav.

b) the two above plus Defi Du Seuil 3/1 fav.

I’m sure the latter would have been a bigger price at the start of the season, though maybe an Any Festival Race bet would have been the sensible option in October 2018 given the number of Hurdle or Chase options that we could have considered for him back then.

Slim pickings in reality.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Defi was 50's early on!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Defi was 50's early on!
                            COD wasn’t it you who did some historical analysis on this last season confirming that prior Festival form was a very good place to start?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                              Being a forum full of Cheltenham Festival fans, it would be normal for us to have fondness for prior year Festival winners, because we have backed them when they won, or if we didn’t, we think that a repeat of a win is the first place to look.

Looking back at March 2019 Festival results, how many
                              a) won for the second year running? or
                              b) at a Cheltenham Festival prior to that.

The answer is

a) 2 - Altior 4/11 fav, and Tiger Roll 5/4 fav.

b) the two above plus Defi Du Seuil 3/1 fav.

I’m sure the latter would have been a bigger price at the start of the season, though maybe an Any Festival Race bet would have been the sensible option in October 2018 given the number of Hurdle or Chase options that we could have considered for him back then.

Slim pickings in reality.
                              Slim pickings last year but time and again festival form stands the test of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Slim pickings last year but time and again festival form stands the test of time.
                                Agree but more so with horses placed in handicaps as opposed to previous winners.

Comment

Working...
                                X