Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Bright forecast added to hills any race market this morning , 20/1 22s with boost similar price to horses like Brewinupastorm.

Comment

• Added Altior (4/1) today, 6pts win.

Comment

• Hi Chaps,

Hope you've all had a decent summer. Nice to see it getting busier on the Cheltenham front in here.
        Also good to see Scooby is still having some input.

So if we had to make 1 bet now for Cheltenham …. For arguments sake of £100 where would it chaps ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CUEMYCARD View Post
          Hi Chaps,

Hope you've all had a decent summer. Nice to see it getting busier on the Cheltenham front in here.

So if we had to make 1 bet now for Cheltenham …. For arguments sake of £100 where would it chaps ?
          Paisley Park at 7/2 looks a solid bet to be. Those at bigger prices, I'd be chancing Thomas Darby 25/1 for the Arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUEMYCARD View Post
            Hi Chaps,

Depends on what you're after in terms of return CMC. If you want an acca for life changing money then I'd suggest a L31. You'll get ridiculous returns providing you don't pick a load of shorties and NR's mean the bet still stands so no worries if you lose a few legs. If I were doing a single bet I would either stick to the 'win any race' market with a Mullins horse like Min @ 8/1 so I'm winning nearly a grand, or I would go the complete opposite other way and pick a horse that's ridiculously overpriced. For me that horse is £50 EW on Battleoverdoyen @ 40/1 for the RSA.

Comment

• Just found a couple of bets on Ladbrokes that I had forgotten about so I now stand at

Supreme
              Fly Smart - 33/1

Arkle
              Draconien - 40/1

Champion Hurdle
              Saldier - 33/1

Mares
              Benie Des Dieux - 13/2

QMCC
              Cilaos Emery - 20/1
              Chacun Pour Soi - 25/1

RSA
              Next Destination - 30/1*
              Minella Indo - 95/1*

Stayers
              City Island - 16/1 (probably dead already with it looking likely he goes Chasing)

JLT
              Melon - 40/1*

Ryananir
              Min - 52/1*

Mares Novice
              Princess Vega - 36.75/1, 25/1
              Gypsy Island - 16/1

Albert Bartlett
              Envoi Allen - 43/1*

Gold Cup
              Delta Work - 16/1, 14/1

Foxhunters
              Hazel Hill - 20/1*

Any Race
              Samcro - 7/1
              Carefully Selected - 22/1, 20/1, 16/1
              Malone Road - 15.3/1
              Dlauro - 17.5/1
              McFabulous - 42/1* 22/1
              Al Dancer - 20/1

Multiples
              Envoi Allen and Malone Road both to win - 100/1
              Paisley Park, Altior and Klassical Dream all to win - 100/1
              Benie Des Dieux (Mares) / Le Richebourg (QMCC) - 104/1
              Stradivarious (Long Distance Cup)/ Dickie Diver (RSA) - 46/1
              Chargers -6.5 (vs Colts Wk1) / Delta Work (Gold Cup) - 25/1
              Washington State over 8.5 wins(NCAAF) / Santini (The Hennessey)/ Thomas Darby (Arkle) - 600/1

* Indicates final leg of a multi.

I've lost 2U on such bets, that I have kept in my book for profit/loss but in reality I would have backed the bet that lost anyway.

Early season I essentially half my stake due to a)the reliance on free bets and b)I've not had the same level of cash after buying a house.

Looking to get Darasso into my book at 25/1 any race with Hills after the points made about the highest rated hurdlers consistenly battling out for the novice chasers.

Comment

• Darasso isn't a novice over fences although that obviously doesn't matter for the any race market.

Comment

• Archie, you’re right, I don’t know why I had it in my head he was totally misread the dates of his two wins.

Comment

• HF can i ask which bookie lets you do any race in a multiple please

Comment

• William Hill allowed it, was as surprised as anyone when it gave the option for a double

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        William Hill allowed it, was as surprised as anyone when it gave the option for a double
                        Am i blind or are they not accepting them now?!

Comment

• Hills must have stopped Multiples on Any Race selections as I just tried and they are only offering singles for me

Comment

• Only singles for me too!

Comment

• I’ve had an ‘Any Festival Race’ selection in doubles this week, on three occasions, with another ante-post selection. With WillHill.

However it has been very in and out. Half the time it allowed it, and half the time it didn’t. So keep on persevering if you havent had any luck and you may get the double option showing.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                                I’ve had an ‘Any Festival Race’ selection in doubles this week, on three occasions, with another ante-post selection. With WillHill.

However it has been very in and out. Half the time it allowed it, and half the time it didn’t. So keep on persevering if you havent had any luck and you may get the double option showing.
                                You're not wrong! Just done Samcro (any race) & Paisley Park (Stayers double). First time it's ever allowed it. Done a couple of others before then that they would not allow!

Comment

Working...
                                X