Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
    5pts Paisley Park / Top of the Game 89/1
    5pts Paisley Park / Santini 100/1
    5pts Paisley Park / Envoi Allen 89/1
    £1m Paisley Park / Malone Road / Envoi Allen / Top of the Game
    1pt Paisley Park / Envoi Allen / Milansbar (Midlands National) 950/1
    3pts Paisley Park / Delta Work 169/1
    3pts Paisley Park / Samcro (RSA) 169/1

That will be me pretty much done until the season starts other than some Multiples with Tiger Roll ( hopefully someone will offer 3/1 to 4/1). Have learned my lesson from this year as none of my bets pre Christmas stood by the time Tuesday arrived.

Any further bets will only include Paisley Park, Altior and the Tiger.

Comment

3pts Paisley Park / Delta Work 169/1
      3pts Paisley Park / Samcro (RSA) 169/1

That will be me pretty much done until the season starts other than some Multiples with Tiger Roll ( hopefully someone will offer 3/1 to 4/1). Have learned my lesson from this year as none of my bets pre Christmas stood by the time Tuesday arrived.

Any further bets will only include Paisley Park, Altior and the Tiger.
      Wow, so if PAISLEY PARK loses your festival is over. Hope he wins for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
        Wow, so if PAISLEY PARK loses your festival is over. Hope he wins for you.
        No, I just mean until September these are all I will probably be backing. Have taken strong positions on certain horses each year and last year had Cause of Causes running for a 1600pt return. Was very strong on Tiger Roll this year and it paid off but will be more sensible from September and not include the same horse in everything as I did with Tiger Roll this year, however, I do think Paisley Park is a monster.

Comment

No, I just mean until September these are all I will probably be backing. Have taken strong positions on certain horses each year and last year had Cause of Causes running for a 1600pt return. Was very strong on Tiger Roll this year and it paid off but will be more sensible from September and not include the same horse in everything as I did with Tiger Roll this year, however, I do think Paisley Park is a monster.
          I never understand this approach. All it takes is a freak injury and your entire ante post is down the bin.

Comment

I won't be punting for a good few months yet but just three horses I want on my side are :

Dickie Diver NH Chase.
            Dallas Des Pictons RSA/JLT.
            Stand Up and Fight Foxhunters.

Comment

Fly Smart 33/1 with B365 Scooby, thoughts?

Comment

Be very interesting what Giggies do next year with their novice chasers. Samcro and BOD have to go chasing or else I bloody give up, but you've Dallas and COF as well. Absolutely stacked on paper once they give Dallas to Davy or Jack, Donagh Meyler with the worst ride of the year. I just hope to God they give priority to Samcro this year and not chuck him in the Arkle just because he's probably the most versatile.

Cilaos in the CC is one I like from a quick glance. Think he'd have pissed the Arkle. Hard to tell what Nicky will do with Altior but if he hacks up the KG and presumably goes Ryanair/GC then the CC will be a fascinating market.

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                  Fly Smart 33/1 with B365 Scooby, thoughts?
                  I think anyone would be nuts backing anything for chelt next year before nov. But yes .. That's still the one I think for the supreme if I'm having an early shout.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I think anyone would be nuts backing anything for chelt next year before nov. But yes .. That's still the one I think for the supreme if I'm having an early shout.
                    Thanks Scooby

Comment

I thought the 16/1 Topofthegame (Gold Cup) and Defi DS (Ryanair) with Will Hill was a bit on the large side, they are now 10s and 12s respectively which is more in line with the market.
                      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Just had my first anti post bet for next year, small L15 on Paisley Park 4/1 (SH), Frodon 25/1 (GC), Pentland Hill’s 25/1 (CH) and Altior 7/4 (CC)

Comment

6 pages already for next year!
                          Think the Novice hurdles next year will be interesting this year, be a lot of good Bumper horses who’ve just had to stay in their stable all this year.......if all else fails just copy whatever Scooby fancies!

Comment

Scooby are you retiring or still getting involved for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                              Scooby are you retiring or still getting involved for next year?
                              Yes
                              Got to a point where I'm not comfortable risking when I have dependants now. I took a calculated risk this year which luckily paid off. But people around me personally (other than my Mrs,) would think I'm absolutely nuts if they'd seen the ammount of money I'd been betting, regardless of the returns. I won't risk losing more than 10% of that now.

I will likely place some selective lower stakes bets for chelt next year post Christmas. Which I'll obviously hope to make a profit on. but as much for entertainment purposes.
                              Nothing beats backing a winner at chelt regardless of the stake.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I will likely place some selective lower stakes bets for chelt next year post Christmas. Which I'll obviously hope to make a profit on. but as much for entertainment purposes.
                                Nothing beats backing a winner at chelt regardless of the stake.
                                I know you do really well in the Arkle ante post and CE would have pissed it this year.

If you could just tell us who's going to win the Arkle before they're about to run then that would be great lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X