Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2020 - Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1U on Benie des Dieux for the Mares 6/1 with WH

Comment

• Quite a few big reputations nailed down a peg over Aintree, as well as vindication for some written-off flops. End of a long season? Improving for the track? Wrong race at Cheltenham? Not as good as they looked?

For me there are a lot of questions going into the ante-post swing for next year and reckon we will be feeling the affects of this weird 18/19 season for some while yet

Here's to hoping that keeps the value alive and fresh debate for this great game

Comment

• The RSA 1-2-3 aren't looking as bomb proof as Gold Cup contenders now are they?

Topofthegame didn't bomb out badly enough to say you can completely right off his run so Lostintranslation becomes feasible.

I hadn't got LIT on the radar at all, thought he was hugely over rated but plenty of time for me to re-assess that opinion.

Not tonight though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          The RSA 1-2-3 aren't looking as bomb proof as Gold Cup contenders now are they?

Topofthegame didn't bomb out badly enough to say you can completely right off his run so Lostintranslation becomes feasible.

I hadn't got LIT on the radar at all, thought he was hugely over rated but plenty of time for me to re-assess that opinion.

Not tonight though
          Paul’s tactics to send TOTG to the RSA were very shrewd in hindsight he was clearly cherry ripe for the occasion & looked a little over cooked at Aintree! LIT a definite player, it’s shaping up to be a vintage renewal already, please god the big players make it to the post.

Comment

• Have him in a few early doubles but have added City Island as my second serious antepost single in the Stayers. Champ franked the form @ Aintree & noises from connections seem to point in that direction currently. He looked tapped for toe over 2m Leopardstown at Christmas so I’d definitely lean towards to Stayers route.

He even surprised myself at the festival (initially had a larger stake on for the Martin Pipe before Segal forced my hand with the Ballymore Pricewise nod). Lightly raced in softer fields this season there definitely plenty of improvement in the locker!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              Ollie confirmed on twitter Thomas Darby goes chasing next season and will start over 2m
              Thomas Darby 25/1 Arkle was one of my first 2020 antepost singles along with Carefully Selected > RSA & today City Island > Stayers !

Thomas Darby was far from the finished article over hurdles clearly appreciates a true strong run race and the stiff test Cheltenham provided!
              Last edited by SeanRock; 8 April 2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• I used this weeks free Skybet on Dickie Diver @ 25/1 RSA. I was reallt taken by his size in the pre parade ring before the Albert Bartlett. Convinced fences will be the making of him and I think there's every chance he will emerge as Hendo's main RSA horse next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  I used this weeks free Skybet on Dickie Diver @ 25/1 RSA. I was reallt taken by his size in the pre parade ring before the Albert Bartlett. Convinced fences will be the making of him and I think there's every chance he will emerge as Hendo's main RSA horse next season.
                  Possible Charlie but he is JP owned and he also owns CHAMP, who has now won over 3m (all be it a slow run 3m), he could maybe be a 4m NH Chase horse, depending on what changes are made to this race

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
                    Possible Charlie but he is JP owned and he also owns CHAMP, who has now won over 3m (all be it a slow run 3m), he could maybe be a 4m NH Chase horse, depending on what changes are made to this race
                    True, but at current prices with lots of options, wouldn't even enter my mind for an RSA, even with a free bet

Comment

• Champ looks tailor made for the JLT to me

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Champ looks tailor made for the JLT to me
                        You have to throw Birchdale and Champagne Platinum into the Henderson / JP mix as well. They will have some team for novice chases next season and could cover every race with a genuine contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          You have to throw Birchdale and Champagne Platinum into the Henderson / JP mix as well. They will have some team for novice chases next season and could cover every race with a genuine contender.
                          They couldn't win any of this year's novice hurdles with all those contenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                            They couldn't win any of this year's novice hurdles with all those contenders.
                            Not sure i get your point...?

Comment

• Nicky had an apparently strong team for the novice hurdles but only managed one second place. His apparently strong team for the 2020 novice chases will be much the same horses that didn't fire in the novice hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Nicky had an apparently strong team for the novice hurdles but only managed one second place. His apparently strong team for the 2020 novice chases will be much the same horses that didn't fire in the novice hurdles.
                                That wouldn't concern me all that much. Horses develop at different times and given their profiles, unexposed pointers, why shouldn't they have every chance of being top class chasers?

Comment

Working...
                                X