Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Equine Flu Outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by betofi.net View Post
    Did anyone put money down on The festival not actually going ahead?
    I put my life on it happening!
    What would you like written on your grave stone?
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      What would you like written on your grave stone?
      There is always Aintree ...

Comment

• The ban on British-trained runners in Ireland has been lifted with immediate effect

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
          The ban on British-trained runners in Ireland has been lifted with immediate effect
          Surely a return to racing in the UK is imminent then, BHA would look rather silly if Ireland were allowing UK runners to run over there and they can't run over here, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Surely a return to racing in the UK is imminent then, BHA would look rather silly if Ireland were allowing UK runners to run over there and they can't run over here, right?
            You would think so, surely tonight’s news will be positive. Can’t see any reason not to be after this news

Comment

• Racing Post article

Good for you Hen !!!!

Common sense at last

Comment

• It looks like I'm the only one on here who thinks the BHA have done exactly the right thing throughout this incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  It looks like I'm the only one on here who thinks the BHA have done exactly the right thing throughout this incident.
                  Whilst I've not posted much on here - I agree with you FM.
                  Given that (for me) the Festival is the be-all-and-end-all - the action that they have taken has given the best possible chance of the Festival going ahead.
                  I get where the trainers are coming from - but from a punters perspective (which is the only angle I can have a proper opinion on) - they have done the right thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    It looks like I'm the only one on here who thinks the BHA have done exactly the right thing throughout this incident.
                    They are in the living definition of stuck between a rock and hard place. Take too many precautions and they are blamed for overreacting, take a lighter approach and they potentially jeopardise Cheltenham and the backlash that would bring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                      Given that (for me) the Festival is the be-all-and-end-all - the action that they have taken has given the best possible chance of the Festival going ahead.
                      I get where the trainers are coming from - but from a punters perspective (which is the only angle I can have a proper opinion on) - they have done the right thing.
                      Well said pal

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                        Exactly how I see it Leman. If there's a safety incident where I work, operations are stopped, an investigation takes place to find the root cause and then corrective actions are put in place to stop it happening again.

It seems to me that the BHA are doing just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by betofi.net View Post
                          Did anyone put money down on The festival not actually going ahead?
                          I put my life on it happening!
                          R.I.P he will be missed

Comment

• Im with you FM. I think they have done exactly the right thing. Even if they have over reacted, I think it made total sense to err on the side of caution whilst they tried to understand the situation fully. No guessing or knee jerk reactions, just a more in depth investigation.

Assuming we are back to normal on Wednesday, nothing will have been lost as all the major races will be rescheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                              There is always Aintree ...
                              Laughed out loud at that.

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                              Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Exactly how I see it Leman. If there's a safety incident where I work, operations are stopped, an investigation takes place to find the root cause and then corrective actions are put in place to stop it happening again.

It seems to me that the BHA are doing just that.
                              I've taken comfort in the "over reaction" angle when trainers have said it... and I agree with you both that they've done the right thing.

The only mistake being betting on it

I also agree with CoD.... the news about Ireland allowing British horses to compete SURELY means racing continues in the UK from Wednesday, and for Saturday at the latest?!

Circa 10:30pm we'll know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                The only mistake being betting on it
                                I fear this will stay with me for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X