Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses for Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
    The ENVOI ALLEN has gone now, available pre-champion bumper.

If you look under specials for National Hunt, you'll find the rest.
    Yeah found them thanks

Comment

What do we make of AL CUARTO !!

Comment

Originally posted by Myflutters View Post
        https://c-f.fr/tribune/videos/3299

What do we make of AL CUARTO !!
        Anyone? Interested to know peoples thoughts on this. Scooby?

Monster debut

Comment

Liked what i saw but what i know about French jumping i could write on the back of a stamp

Comment

Annamix entered up on Thursday

Comment

I just had douvan added to pp betting for 2020. 33/1 ryanair chase has me hot under the collar

Comment

riccirich.

Why not back something that is proven fit and healthy !!

They may well patch him up but injury and age will not improve him, he's more than likely to be a passenger on Ryanair.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
                  riccirich.

Why not back something that is proven fit and healthy !!

They may well patch him up but injury and age will not improve him, he's more than likely to be a passenger on Ryanair.
                  Douvan at 75% would have won this years Ryanair

People have forgotten what an animal he was, depressing that he never got to beat, sorry take on, Altior

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

People have forgotten what an animal he was, depressing that he never got to beat, sorry take on, Altior
                    I think you've forgotten he did get to take on Altior... and jumping is THE key factor.

Douvan has no strong form really to be mentioned alongside Altior...... what was the excuse behind the defeat to Un De Sceaux?
                    Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 March 2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Pulled her arms off and still had something left - this might be most impressive horse of the week.

Minella Indo statistics and form. View results and future entries as well as statistics by course, race type and prize money.

Hurdling or Chasing ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        Pulled her arms off and still had something left - this might be most impressive horse of the week.

Minella Indo statistics and form. View results and future entries as well as statistics by course, race type and prize money.

Hurdling or Chasing ?
                        I'd guess chasing.

If he's with Henry? Owner sent Monalee chasing too.

Same pattern? Small sample though

Comment

But did he grab rachel blackmore by the hand and say 'dont you dare give up on me, I want this more than you, some day we will be sitting on a beach with pina coladas and this pain will just be a memory' like frodon told bryony frost?

Comment

Originally posted by riccirich View Post
                            But did he grab rachel blackmore by the hand and say 'dont you dare give up on me, I want this more than you, some day we will be sitting on a beach with pina coladas and this pain will just be a memory' like frodon told bryony frost?

What an ass et

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

They never reach the same pinnacle when coming back, they can be good but not as good as was.

They are like fine wines, all have a sell by date.

Backing broken horses is not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I think you've forgotten he did get to take on Altior... and jumping is THE key factor.

Douvan has no strong form really to be mentioned alongside Altior...... what was the excuse behind the defeat to Un De Sceaux?
                                His first race in a year after a fractured pelvis and he was cruising round jumping like a stag, By never taken each other on you couldn’t say that was prime Douvan vs prime Altior could you? (It’s incredible that we had 3 horses of a lifetime at 2m in under a decade and we never saw them face of properly

As for Punchestown what’s the stats on horses second race after a long time off? We seem to allow for the second race let down for some horses but not all of them

In my opinion a healthy Douvan had the potential to be better than what we have seen from Altior.

My comparison would be the visible ease that he beat Sizing John in his Arkle compared to Altiors beating of Min. Same distance by one was at a canter while the other needs to be shaken up to get going. Similar to the Sprinter vs Altior debates
                                Last edited by Hurricane fly; 20 March 2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X