Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Nicholls said the he would enter Ask For Glory in the 5-Day decs. Would have a conversation with the owner about it in the morning as the owner thinks he is a next-year horse. If the trainer thinks a horse has a chance, he is 10 times Champion Trianer and trains 100-200 horses, it’s nuts to not let him decide on running, it baffles me.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      To play devils advocate.
      They're probably just excited and couldn't hear the people on stage anyway.
      And the panelist's themselves were talking between each other every time someone else was speaking, which made it harder to hear the speaker.
      Get that Q ( sound quality disgrace as was their behaviour ) but it’s not just at these preview nights is it ?
      Loutish behaviour from pissed up adults on course as well

I for one go racing midweek so as to miss the “ hen / bachelor “ element
      Stewarding of these events has to improve
      I enjoy a beer as much as the next guy but do we have to endure their behaviour?

Comment

• Kealy walking out was amazing glen forsa train to catch here later

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Yeah, as a double.
          Is that 100% Kev?

I had a very sweet 6 fold that I put on back in July, problem I have is that AJ was down for the Mares.

Skybet telling me full bet now void - different for a trixie though I assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
            Anything from PN on Pic or Ask for Glory?
            Said Pic would run as long as rain kept coming and he was a proper horse.

Comment

• A trixie is 4 separate bets, 3 doubles and 1 treble

2 of your doubles and your treble will now be void but you will have 1 double with the two live chances still stands

Comment

• Originally posted by Voy Por Ustedes View Post
                Is that 100% Kev?

I had a very sweet 6 fold that I put on back in July, problem I have is that AJ was down for the Mares.

Skybet telling me full bet now void - different for a trixie though I assume.
                Yes, a 6-fold is one bet on 6 selections

A trixie if 4 bets on 3 selections (1x treble, 3x doubles)

So the treble is dead, as are two of the doubles.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• I forgot about the betfair tonight but managed to get on air erec

Comment

• Alright lads! Missed the betfair preview evening for a famous night in Paris. Will have to watch tomorrow when I finally sober up

Comment

• Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
                      Alright lads! Missed the betfair preview evening for a famous night in Paris. Will have to watch tomorrow when I finally sober up
                      Excellent well done , I was in Dortmund last night so missed the final furlong one

Comment

• Unbelievable can’t believe it! Now very much looking forward to 4 days down in Cheltenham

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                          Kealy walking out was amazing glen forsa train to catch here later
                          Apparently had another preview night to get too..... 10pm at night lol

Comment

• The one thing of note I took from Chester preview was Queenohearts was put up as an each way shout in the Mares race

She’s actually a novice so may take some 20/1 on the Mares Novice

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                              The one thing of note I took from Chester preview was Queenohearts was put up as an each way shout in the Mares race

She’s actually a novice so may take some 20/1 on the Mares Novice
                              Nice to meet you HF, absolutely nothing to take from the Chester preview. With watching and reading the last weeks worth of previews and write ups I think we should sit on the panel! Where was Kev tonight?

Comment

• I think it's a Case of The Good , the Bad and the ugly here.
                                Monday , I couldn't get any sound , but the Forum updates made it Very Comical.
                                Last night I watched the A.T.R preview ... Bad .... in places .
                                And it sound's like the one in London was a Freaking Nightmare like last year!.
                                Roll on Next Tuesday..

Comment

Working...
                                X