Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
    I got the impression Ask for glory is 50/50 to run.
    For balance, despite winning easily.... the form is working out absolutely pants?

Comment

Right just got back from Ditcheat, managed to grab a few words with Paul in the pub on Saturday night. No matter how much i tried I couldnt get him to run Topofthegame in the JLT, he did say if it was really soft he might, but he wasnt budging!!!!!!
      He wants to run Ask For Glory but needs to persuade Mr Barber, who isnt keen on running in flat races!!!!!!!!
      He had the Diego Du Charmil look in his eye when he was talking about Friend or Foe, but he must be struggling to get into this off 128?
      Pic D'orhy will run but only if its soft, so start doing a rain dance!!! He said he did a serious bit of work at Wincanton and if he runs he will go close to winning, but he stated a number of times that he only runs if its soft.
      Hi Billy, did he say much about top of the games chances in rsa

Comment

• I was going to post some of Tom Segal's comments from today's RP Q&A but the main is a complete idiot. I will give you two" "too busy to go to Cheltenham" and , in terms of the likely going, "who knows what the ground will be - no point worrying about it!" (that after being definitive on the chances of load of horses)

Comment

• Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.

Comment

• He is a freak anytime I see him it’s just what the

Comment

• Cheers Billy. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm not a big gambler by any means, but think I'll be getting stuck into top of the game. Think he's a bit special

Comment

Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.
                Thanks Billy, though glad your efforts were in vain as TOTG is one of my biggest potential winners of the week..haha

Comment

• Great info thanks Billy

Comment

• Top man, thanks Billy.

Any word on Magic Saint at all? Seems to be getting tipped up a lot in the previews

Comment

Yeah he loves him and thinks he should be fav, hes very surprised hes not shorter than Santini. I really tried to get him to run him in the JLT and he was kind of agreeing with me about the pace of the horse but wouldnt budge. I wonder reading between the lines if he's got one eye on the Trainers title and thinks the horse will win either race so if he can stop Santini winning then more chance of him winning the title. He absolutely loves the horse and Im tempted to back him for next years GC before he runs in the RSA.
                      If you can find 50/1+ I'd probably dabble with that for next years Gold Cup

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        If you can find 50/1+ I'd probably dabble with that for next years Gold Cup
                        40-1 with Sky request a bet for the 2020 Gold Cup and 66-1 to win the RSA and said Gold Cup

Comment

• Off to the Haydock preview night tomorrow so hope to get my notes written up sometime during week.

Comment

• Originally posted by lloydy View Post
                            40-1 with Sky request a bet for the 2020 Gold Cup and 66-1 to win the RSA and said Gold Cup
                            On the cusp.

Not for now...

Comment

Also got confirmation about Adjali working very well recently and he should be judged on his Chepstow run, whether thats good enough to beat the Irish is another matter ( or indeed turn the form around with the ultra tough Quel destin).
                              Sweet ! , Thank's for letting us know Billymag.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjo View Post
                                Hi guys, been reading your stuff on here for a couple of years now and find it excellent and informative. Thought I’d set up an account and help you out with some previews I’ve came across. Apologies if I’m repeating what’s already been posted. The following Cheltenham Preview Nights are all being streamed online either on their Twitter/Facebook/YouTube page or on their betting app:

Mon 4 Mar - Unibet
                                Tues 5 Mar - Boylesport
                                Tues 5 Mar - Attheraces
                                Wed 6 Mar - Betfair
                                Thur 7 Mar - Myracing
                                Fri 8 Mar - Hills

Also found links to a couple of other previews. Enjoy...

CHELTENHAM PREVIEW VIDEOS: Don't miss our Cheltenham Preview Videos as we countdown towards the Festival with our famous video previews looking at all of the major races. OUR PANEL: Davy Russell (Irish Champion Jockey) Alastair Down (Racing Post) Toby Lawes (Assistant trainer Nicky Henderson) Bill

https://gg.co.uk/news/features/gg-ch...pionship-races
                                Excellent first post bobbyjo. This week can drag but the above certainly gives us something to look forward to each night

Comment

Working...
                                X