Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done to anyone who got the price on up for review

Comment

• Isn't Calipto overpriced at 20s? I really like this horse and the rain will do him no harm

Comment

• Originally posted by Coneygme View Post
        Isn't Calipto overpriced at 20s? I really like this horse and the rain will do him no harm
        Agree, although you get the feeling the winner comes from the top four or five,as is normal, but a good ew bet for me.

Comment

• Sly bet are dangling the 6 places...and we all know Singlefarmpayment will be in the 2nd to 6th spot don't we?

Just 14/1 though.... 1/5 the odds.

Not yet Sly, not yet....

Comment

• Played three in the end after Jerrysbacks absence:

- General Principle @ 20/1
            - Up For Review @ 12/1
            - Mister Whitaker @ 10/1

All each way

Comment

• Give Me A Copper has a lot of potential but there is much to be said for the fantastic Festival form of 2018 winner COO STAR SIVOLA.

Activial Has run respectably at 3m1f but better at shorter; big stamina query back up to this trip

Beware The Bear
              Late surge when 4th in this last year (heavy); good 3m2f win on second start since wind op

Big River
              Stout stayer; no forlorn hope but fell on latest chase start; well held over hurdles since

Calipto
              Up there in two Festivals over hurdles/fences; another improved win latest; respected

Catamaran Du Seuil
              3m winner in 2017; usually races over shorter; held in h'cap hurdle/chase in 2 runs here

Cogry
              Decent course form, inc when 3m2f winner in December; well held in this race in 2018

Coo Star Sivola
              Three fine runs at the last 3 Festivals, including winning this off 3lb lower in 2018

Crucial Role
              Broken blood vessels in 2 of 4 runs for this yard but impressed when 2m6f winner latest

Flying Angel
              Good 2nd in the 2m4f Martin Pipe in 2016; has rarely convinced over this far

General Principle
              Irish National winner in 2018 (3m5f, heavy); ran best race of the winter last time

Give Me A Copper
              Delicate but talented; promising hurdler but more of a chaser; has a lot of 3m potential

Lake View Lad
              Steadily brought through ranks; better than ever for 3m Wetherby win; up a further 8lb

Magic Of Light
              Has made strides this winter; a clear round would put this good stayer in contention

Minella Rocco
              2nd in the Gold Cup in 2017; mostly out of sorts since but too well handicapped to ignore

Mister Whitaker
              Won 2m4f novice handicap here in 2018 (soft); first run beyond 2m5f; dam bred 3m winners

Noble Endeavor
              Close in 2 Festivals, inc 3rd in this race 2017; well held in December back from absence

O O Seven
              Mid-division in this last year; won return from wind op (3m, good); moderate latest

Oldgrangewood
              Had some good results at about 2m4f; pulled up in the Plate last year; stamina to prove

Out Sam
              Beaten favourite in this race in 2016; just one win since, at Cork in November

Royal Vacation
              Not yet a force at this meeting; has course form; looks high in weights after Taunton win

Shantou Village
              Has won at 2m7f (good to soft) but all best form at shorter; others preferred

Singlefarmpayment
              Has had some heartbreaking losses, including in this race in 2017; back to best latest

Sizing Codelco
              Capable of decent form at this trip; out of luck in Festival chases for the last 3 years

Up For Review
              Good staying novice hurdler; won 2 out of 6 chases since absence; could do better

Vintage Clouds
              Two good runs in this race (fell late in 2017); had wind surgery; easy to see him involved

Willie Boy
              Fallen in 2 of last 5 starts, inc in the Plate here last March; stamina still to prove

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Sly bet are dangling the 6 places...and we all know Singlefarmpayment will be in the 2nd to 6th spot don't we?

Just 14/1 though.... 1/5 the odds.

Not yet Sly, not yet....
                Glad I held off.

365 are 8/1 that Singlefarmpayment is in the TOP 10

Comment

• I've landed on Coo Star Sivola and Big River for this.

Not going to lie, this race has fried my pea brain.

Comment

• This is well worth reading, in the Grand National section of the forum, from one of our newer members PadstheFish.

Share your tips for the Aintree Grand National Meeting Forum with threads on all big races over the three days including Grand National, Aintree Hurdle, Melling Chase, Betfred Bowl, Sefton Hurdle etc.

Comment

• I had my first NRNB on Saturday on Up for Review e/w at 20/1. I can't believe the price now.

Comment

• ....Catamaran du Seuil is one I fancy running into a place at a massive price in this. Loves putting its wellies on and has crept into the race as a lightweight.

Edit; Still ‘waiting for the rain’ at Cheltenham.
                        Last edited by Eggs; 12 March 2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• ...Nick Williams’ comments regarding Coo Star Sivola are not too encouraging;

‘...I prefer to go the Festival after a better performance than last time. I’m slightly apprehensive’.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ...Nick Williams’ comments regarding Coo Star Sivola are not too encouraging;

‘...I prefer to go the Festival after a better performance than last time. I’m slightly apprehensive’.
                            He's just playing it down, so the handicapper doesn't pick up on it for future...

I hope

Comment

• Give Me A Cooper was too short but is the drift more than market correction? Been very weak the last two days.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Give Me A Cooper was too short but is the drift more than market correction? Been very weak the last two days.
                                Never travelling at any stage and found nothing much for pressure.

As for Coo Star Sivola not a good sign when the jock is riding a finish to the first fence. Jumping looked a real effort and no surprise when it dropped away.

Exposed hammers what little potential there was in the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X