Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Your best and worst current betting race for the 2019 festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best and worst current betting race for the 2019 festival

By that I mean, the races you are in the best and worst position in with regards to prices/staking etc.

For me, I’m in an excellent position I’d say in two races and in a poor position in 2.

Best would be RSA and Arkle.

Worst would be Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup.

Surprisingly, this isn’t the first time at this stage in the season the novice chases are looking like my best races betting wise antepost.

Arkle - Mengli Khan 20/1 e/w, Kalashnikov 17/2 and 8/1 (any race) and 7/1 for this outright
    RSA - Next Destination 10/1, Santini 10/1, Delta Work 16/1 e/w (any race), Cracking Smart 14/1 (any race)
    Champion Hurdle - Samcro 9/2, If The Cap Fits 33/1 e/w and half a point on Laurina at 10/1
    Gold Cup - Might Bite at numerous prices and half a point on Balko Des Flos at 40/1 e/w

What races are looking particularly pleasant/nasty for the rest of you?

My best would be every race iv a bet in. Supremely confident in all selections. (Bar chacun pour soi arkle)

Worst possibly champion hurdle as I should be on buveur dair but haven't had a bet on it at all. . Just can't see an ew bet in it atm. Will be far more value on the day. Or poss when nrnb comes in and a couple more trials.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      My best would be every race iv a bet in. Supremely confident in all selections. (Bar chacun pour soi arkle)

Worst possibly champion hurdle as I should be on buveur dair but haven't had a bet on it at all. . Just can't see an ew bet in it atm. Will be far more value on the day. Or poss when nrnb comes in and a couple more trials.
      How do you follow that?

Best for me is the RSA with Santini, Delta Work and Top of the Game backed at big prices.

I don't have a particularly bad race at this stage but plenty of time for that to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        How do you follow that?

Best for me is the RSA with Santini, Delta Work and Top of the Game backed at big prices.

I don't have a particularly bad race at this stage but plenty of time for that to change.
        Haha....indeed! Same position as you in the RSA. My search to have the field covered in the Arkle with the use of lots of free bets is turning into an interesting ‘experiment’. To be fair I was reasonably happy with my position before Lalor’s flop at the weekend, but if somebody offered me a return that covered my total outlay including all free bets I’d happily take it at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

I'm the same except for the Champion Hurdle part. As I'm in a great position with that also.

So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            How do you follow that?

Next Destination is one to have onside I think for the rsa. Should’ve been in the AB last year. As proven when flying home for third behind Samcro

Comment

Im almost as happy as scooby with my position so far!

Early days but wouldn't change much as of now. Like Innoko Ive even got a few quid on BD at 9/2 in the Fighting Fifth double.

My fav race is probably the Arkle with Lalor at 33/1, Mengli Khan at 25/1 and 20/1 and Cilaos Emery at 28/1. Feel like only Kalashnikov can do me and got them all e/w.

Just got to keep everything crossed they all stay fit and healthy.
              Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 10 December 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Worst...

Arkle -
                Worst would perhaps be this one, as I had Laurina and Melon as speculative non runners and Draconien is 'accounted for' in this section of my spreadsheet as it looked his most likely target. I also don't have anything more than free bets on Kalshnikov who is the ante-post fav currently. I do have big each way prices on the rest of the market though, still expecting a healthy profit!

Champion Hurdle - Not that bad, as Buveur D'air is in 8 multiples for me, but as a single I haven't backed him. Can cash out Laurina and be in profit though so I'm not worried.

Mares Novice - Not got the current fav backed, Epatante (although not too bothered at the moment - plenty to come out)

Best ...

Bumper - Got lucky after missing the price on the fav MAlone Road who then got injured, leaving me to cash out for a profit the stablemate Envoi Allen, so I'm now in profit with live bets on Mt Leinster, Energunmue, El Barra, Shadow Rider, Asterion Forlonge - all with cashout options.

Gold Cup - Have the 5/1 fav at 40/1 and am well on the way to having this as a green book.

Excluding handicaps, I have the ante post fav at a bigger price/same price in 13 of the 20 races - which I'd consider good at this stage. Some are joint favs and things that I can't be bothered to go in to.

Comment

Got a few non runners now, Arkle worst race Draconian was a blow but that's antepost betting and had a few quid on Claimintakingforgan for same race. Need Cilaos Emery to come out and rescue the situation for me!

Im hoping the best race is the JLT got Samcro at 16/1 and haven't given up on them having a change of heart with him, if they switch he will be very short for the JLT but if they don't then that will probably become my worst race!!! lol

Comment

What I’m liking:

Arkle Kalashnikov @14/1, Mengli Khan @20/1, Getabird @25/1, Lalor @33/1, Cilaos Emery @28/1
                    Supreme Annamix @20/1 [because actually Samcro was a false prophecy and this is the second coming], Quick Grabim @50/1, Tornado Flyer @25/1
                    RSA Santini @14/1, Topofthegame @28/1, Delta Work @18/1

What I’m not liking:

Champion Hurdle Samcro @8/1, Laurina @14/1
                    Mares Novice Chante Neige @12/1 [shite race anyway]
                    NHC Bacardys @33/1, Blow by Blow @18/1

Comment

Errr, none really? Looking at the sheet I'd say I've backed about 10 horses in about 6 races, but then I'm not one for trying to build a whole book, but beating SP on the one I like

Comment

Easy for me as I've only had 3 bets.

Probably the best is Delta Work (ew in any race at a boosted 17.52/1) because it's the only one with actual money.

I also had a free tenner from Betfair that I split between Adjali (33/1 and close to being best bet) and Never Adapt (25/1 and automatically the worst) for the Triumph.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          Easy for me as I've only had 3 bets.

Probably the best is Delta Work (ew in any race at a boosted 17.52/1) because it's the only one with actual money.

I also had a free tenner from Betfair that I split between Adjali (33/1 and close to being best bet) and Never Adapt (25/1 and automatically the worst) for the Triumph.
                          If only it was that Simple (for me ) Archie !!, I am the complete opposite of you in that ,
                          I now have about 40 singles and 100 multi's racked and stacked !!.

Comment

Best:

Arkle: Mengli Khan@20/1, Lalor@33/1, Cilaos Emery @ 25/1 (any race), Defi Du Seuil @ 20/1(any race)
                            RSA: Santini @12/1 (any race), Delta Work @18/1 (any race)
                            NHC: Blow by Blow @ 33/1 & 25/1 & 14/1 (any race)
                            Gold Cup: Belshill @ 90’s, RTR @ 44’s, Presenting Percy @ 9’s
                            XC: Tiger Roll @ 5/1 (any race), 4/1

Worst

Champion Hurdle - Summerville Boy and Samcro not looking good.
                            Bumper - Envoi Allen isn't going to Cheltenham
                            Supreme - Danny Kirwan probably going 2m5f

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              Best:

Arkle: Mengli Khan@20/1, Lalor@33/1, Cilaos Emery @ 25/1 (any race), Defi Du Seuil @ 20/1(any race)
                              RSA: Santini @12/1 (any race), Delta Work @18/1 (any race)
                              NHC: Blow by Blow @ 33/1 & 25/1 & 14/1 (any race)
                              Gold Cup: Belshill @ 90’s, RTR @ 44’s, Presenting Percy @ 9’s
                              XC: Tiger Roll @ 5/1 (any race), 4/1

Worst

Champion Hurdle - Summerville Boy and Samcro not looking good.
                              Bumper - Envoi Allen isn't going to Cheltenham
                              Supreme - Danny Kirwan probably going 2m5f
                              That’s nice prices you’ve got for Bellshill & RTR. Hope one of them comes in for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X