Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boothy View Post
    I spoke to Paul Nicholls last night when he came off the stage at the preview evening at Cheltenham racecourse. He confirmed to me Pic D’orhy definitely runs Friday and he did a lovely piece of work with Frodon last week. His face could of lit up the room when he was talking about the horse, fingers crossed!
    Welcome boothy

Comment

I spoke to Paul Nicholls last night when he came off the stage at the preview evening at Cheltenham racecourse. He confirmed to me Pic D’orhy definitely runs Friday and he did a lovely piece of work with Frodon last week. His face could of lit up the room when he was talking about the horse, fingers crossed!
      Well I definitely like this!

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Boothy, one of the best opening messages. Pic would pay for my Cheltenham and I’m sure many others. Good luck this week

Comment

Long term lurker?

Thanks for the nod

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Long term lurker?

Thanks for the nod
            How did you guess! Good luck this week everybody!

Comment

• Been Lurking here since Christmas - bizarre to have spend so many hours reading everyday and not have registered.

One of the best communities on the interwebs from what I can see.

Good luck to all for the week!

Comment

• Adjali and Pic are both declared, who knows what happens now but if they line up we’ve always got a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                  Adjali and Pic are both declared, who knows what happens now but if they line up we’ve always got a chance
                  Fingers crossed it's soft on the day

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Fingers crossed it's soft on the day
                    I’ve nothing against Sir Erec and have backed him ante post but as I’ve said previously....
                    Apples Shakira 6/5

Wouldn’t swop Pic & Adjali at the bigger prices

Comment

• I was all aboard the Pic D’orhy train until I just scanned my portfolio and realised I’ve got 5 bets with Topofthegame at either 16/1 or 25/1 rolling onto Adjali at 25/1, and some of those continue onto Percy at 6/1.

Go on Adjali!

Comment

• With the jockey bookings for Pic Dorhy and Quel Destin to me it looks like Nicholls fancys QD

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                          With the jockey bookings for Pic Dorhy and Quel Destin to me it looks like Nicholls fancys QD
                          They said it was because Harry knows Quel Destin and has a good partnership with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                            They said it was because Harry knows Quel Destin and has a good partnership with him.
                            Cheers Vautour

Comment

• For the Cheltenham Festival, Hugh will publish his tips each evening between 5.30 and 6.00

PIC D’ORHY had some high-class form in French 3yo hurdles last year and looks a valid alternative to hot favourite Sir Erec in the Triumph Hurdle on the opening race on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival (1.30).
                              His last run came in November, joining Paul Nicholls in the interim, but he has racked up plenty of experience since making his hurdles debut just under a year ago. He won three of his first four starts over hurdles, then fell at the second fence on his chasing debut.
                              On his two most recent starts, he ran into Beaumec De Houlle, who was the star of the French juvenile hurdlers this season but was recently retired to stud to replace his own sire, Martaline.

Pic D’Orhy had actually finished in front of Beaumec De Houlle in a Grade 3 event last June, but both were seen to better effect in a Grade 1 contest at Auteuil on their most recent starts. This race was run at a strong gallop, and although I can’t claim that a set of sectional par times for Auteuil feature in my punting armoury, a hurdle-by-hurdle breakdown of the other four races run over the same course and distance that day suggests that Pic D’Orhy might have overdone things when sitting close behind pacesetter Pat Du Pont, who ran in the same ownership and set a strong gallop before falling two out when starting to fade.

Pic D’Orhy and the winner pulled clear of the remainder in a race that produced the fastest time of the five course-and-distance races run that day, and although the clock doesn’t suggest that he’s a superstar, he’s a tough and battle-hardened performer who should give a good account if he’s in anything like the same form on his debut for his new yard.

Comment

• I doubt anyone really cares enough to do this but

365 are 11/10 for "the field" versus Pic D'orhy and Quel Destin

but they're 10/11 for Sir Erec

So if you did fancy Sir Erec and didn't want to take 10/11, you can take 11/10 and have the rest of the field running for you just in case. effectively 11/10 to lay Pic D'orhy and Quel Destin.

Wasted a few minutes of my life there.

Comment

Working...
                                X