Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

What's the muggiest Cheltenham bet you've ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post
    Great thread this. Must be so many great stories out there. I remember watching half a dozen young Irish lads going all in on Annie Power the year she fell. €600 here, €850 there. Their festival ended when she hit the turf.
    To define that as a "mug" bet is absolutely mental though charlie...

She was without a doubt the most likely winner on that day!

Falling doesn't make a bet a bad bet at all

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      There seems to be a strong correlation between bad betting and alcohol consumption. All of my worst bets have been the same.

I once bought a winning placepot ticket off someone for 3 times the actual payout. Drink in, brains out!
      I once argued with the tote for about 20 minutes because I was sure I’d won the placepot for the second day on the bounce but I’d picked Vyta Du Roc not More of That.

Comment

Having had a strong word for Silent Oscar for the Champion Hurdle and info was previously spot on then to find out a friend of a friend of a friend knew the trainer and his words were "if he wins the champion hurdle ill eat my hat". Banged his head in his box and was pulled out! Cor als shares went up that week.

Comment

Two words - Bellshill , Gold cup

Comment

Happy to scrub out my Samcro Champion hurdle bet off this thread, to be fair I could probably replace with infinite other selections!!!

Comment

Working...
            X