Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    I hope it does change with time as it’s a championship race but it requires more trainers & owners to treat it with with the respect it deserves. Anyway rant over, I’m just frustrated that I’ve got a few ante post multiples in complete limbo whilst Monalee, Min, Footpad, Road To Respect, ABP remain in no mans land with 3 weeks to go
    It's not a championship race.

Comment

• Got Min in CC in one L31 and the other for RA but both are Antepost with B365 and I’ll lose the odds on the other horses if I cash out and relay.

Comment

I bet that is the case nearly every time but I don’t get it because the Ryanair is a different race completely, it’s ran on the new course and a completely different distance to the Gold Cup, I’ve never understood why it’s considered the b listers race at the Festival, I think it’s a brilliant race with Cue Card & Vatours performances standing out. Neither of those horses would ever have won a Gold Cup but could have both made a really competitive Ryanair for a few years (if Vautour had avoided tradegy granted). I don’t understand the ego of owners. Monalee & Frodon are Ryanair horses, so is Road To Respect. Their owners are wasting the golden years of their careers wasting their time trying at the Gold Cup.
        Vautour would have won a Gold Cup! If you think Cue Card couldn't win a Gold Cup then I suggest you watch Don Cossacks Gold Cup back again. Both horses should have run in the Gold Cup in the years before. The Ryanair will always be the poor mans Gold Cup however you try to dress it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          It's not a championship race.
          I stand corrected, it’s s Grade 1 race though

Comment

I stand corrected, it’s s Grade 1 race though
            Your bets are in limbo because the race was introduced.

Comment

• Sorry, what do you mean ‘the race was introduced’? I don’t understand that term

Comment

• The race was introduced to the festival in 2005.

Comment

• I’m assuming what you mean is that because the race is fairly new to the Festival trainers don’t really have a mapped out route to the race for their horses unlike the other established races where there are trials, qualifiers etc? Your limbo remark has nothing to do with antepost/NRNB status etc??

Comment

I’m assuming what you mean is that because the race is fairly new to the Festival trainers don’t really have a mapped out route to the race for their horses unlike the other established races where there are trials, qualifiers etc? Your limbo remark has nothing to do with antepost/NRNB status etc??
                    I give up.

Comment

• Me too

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                        i give up.
                        pmsl
                        :-)))))))

Comment

• I was a little under whelmed with Monalee yesterday.

I see a couple have referenced that yesterday and I agree.

He's definitely one you couldn't rule out...but as for the bullish comments of some about him being the one to beat I just don't see it now, he's a player yes, but the assumption he's somehow become top class for making the running over shorter hasn't played out. He's the same level at both trips on what I've seen.

I backed Fox Norton yesterday and think with Colin Tizzard being Colin Tizzardd, they'll be inclined to run in the QMCC. He's definitely got more chance of winning this race, but it's not a favourites chance, so I wouldn't back him without NRNB now!

Min is still the most talented horse in this race(still confident he runs here), and I'd have fancied him to be beating Anibale Fly easier than Monalee did.... he's re-affirmed his status as my number 1 for this race....if Cyrname is thumping all the UK challengers, then I'm siding across the sea, again.

...and a side note/swipe - anyone in this thread who banged on about it potentially being a brilliant race between blah, blah and blah... make note for next year, this race will ALWAYS cut up, and you'll only ever get 1 'top class' horse in it a season, if you're lucky.
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 February 2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Joe Tizzard say's in his Blog he think's F.N should go for the Ryanair.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              Joe Tizzard say's in his Blog he think's F.N should go for the Ryanair.
                              He should, deffinately.
                              Big ew chance imo. Putting in that performance on his 2nd run back.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                He should, deffinately.
                                Big ew chance imo. Putting in that performance on his 2nd run back.
                                Are you not over rating that performance yesterday?

I backed him, he's come 3rd... which just leaves him 'in and amoungst' the others...nothing special?

A length ahead of Politilogue, a length behind WP?

He's always improved from 1st run to 2nd, not sure why 2nd to 3rd he'll improve enough?

I appreciate he's a player... just that "in the mix" is about as confident as it can be surely

Comment

Working...
                                X