Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm not sure Ruby will be on UDS this year ... is definitely expect him to be on Min, and I still expect that too be here
    Why are you confident it's still here Kev?

Mullins 2 milers have all fallen by the wayside and Min is the only one to suggest he could even throw it up to Altior this season, i'd be pretty sure he is going CC

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
      Why are you confident it's still here Kev?

Mullins 2 milers have all fallen by the wayside and Min is the only one to suggest he could even throw it up to Altior this season, i'd be pretty sure he is going CC
      Because Ruby wants to win races, not 'have a go' against Altior when he knows exactly where Min is.

He can 'have another crack' on Un De Sceaux if he wants, or chance Footpad...and still come 2nd.

When Altior was fav for the Arkle, was Ruby Walsh pulling up trees to have a go at him with Yorkhill, or did he get Yorkhill into the JLT, despite after winning the Newptune saying he'd win the Arkle with his mouth open.

For me it's the same situation, I see Min as the best chaser in the Mullins yard (excluding staying chasers - although even then Min probably is the best horse) so I expect that horse to be in the race he'd have the best chance in.

I've had a decent each way bet on Min at 8/1 NRNB for the QMCC in case I'm wrong, as I'd still think that was a decent bet on the day, and if Altior was injured Min goes off a short priced fav in the race.... but that's a bet to nothing for me.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 5 February 2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Because Ruby wants to win races, not 'have a go' against Altior when he knows exactly where Min is.

He can 'have another crack' on Un De Sceaux if he wants, or chance Footpad...and still come 2nd.

When Altior was fav for the Arkle, was Ruby Walsh pulling up trees to have a go at him with Yorkhill, or did he get Yorkhill into the JLT, despite after winning the Newptune saying he'd win the Arkle with his mouth open.

For me it's the same situation, I see Min as the best chaser in the Mullins yard (excluding staying chasers - although even then Min probably is the best horse) so I expect that horse to be in the race he'd have the best chance in.

I've had a decent each way bet on Min at 8/1 NRNB for the QMCC in case I'm wrong, as I'd still think that was a decent bet on the day, and if Altior was injured Min goes off a short priced fav in the race.... but that's a bet to nothing for me.
        Yeah I don't see Min going up against Altior again, like what would be the actual point, IF he can stay the Ryanair trip.

Comment

• The only thing that can stop Min is Ruth Jefferson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
            The only thing that can stop Min is Ruth Jefferson.
            Why, is she training Min now?????

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
              Why, is she training Min now?????
              Haha

Because never be afraid of one horse Kev? Last year the race was basically run in heavy which swayed it even more in Altiors favour. One of these days hitting a flat spot on better ground is going to cause an unassailable deficit, could it be in the champion chase? Besides, if Footpad is as well as they say he should win the Ryanair?

Comment

• I actually don’t fancy Min in this race

Comment

Haha

Because never be afraid of one horse Kev? Last year the race was basically run in heavy which swayed it even more in Altiors favour. One of these days hitting a flat spot on better ground is going to cause an unassailable deficit, could it be in the champion chase? Besides, if Footpad is as well as they say he should win the Ryanair?
                  Never be afraid of one horse, easy for you to say though.

You aren't Ruby Walsh/Willie Mullins/Owner with a realistic Cheltenham chance.

What I or you would do, doesn't matter, we have enough evidence to show that they will place the horse in the race they think is easiest to win.

If Footpad is as well as they said, his Arkle win entitles him to go for the QMCC, he's not got form anywhere near as good over further?

I don't care which of them goes which way, they won't beat Altior unless he falls, I think Min would come 2nd for sure. Footpad probably I'd fancy for 2nd anyway...

Comment

I actually don’t fancy Min in this race
                    You think Min has a chance against Altior (hitting a flat spot) but don't think he can win the Ryanair?

I think you need an amount of class to be considered to do the first, and that entitles him to have the same class to do the second

Comment

• Ruby:
                      Will Min take on Altior again at Cheltenham? I don’t know. You can only win the race that is in front of you and he picked up well from the back of the last and won pretty much as he liked in the Dublin Chase.

Had Altior not been around, he would have won a Supreme Novices’ Hurdle and the Champion Chase last year.

We know Min gets two and half miles and he has that option of going out in trip. Whether we try and make it third time lucky against Altior is one for nearer the time and again depends on the ground.

Comment

• The NRNB e/w double on the two, both ways, looks fair.

Highlighted before Min won at the weekend I might add.

Comment

• Kevin Blake quoting me again on the FFP....

Comment

• Amidst the misery ...

@jpnorris

The world may literally have to end before Waiting Patiently gets the chance to run on soft ground again.

Comment

I actually don’t fancy Min in this race
                              You are not alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                                Amidst the misery ...

@jpnorris

The world may literally have to end before Waiting Patiently gets the chance to run on soft ground again.
                                Waiting waiting waiting waiting
                                Change trainers and put us all out of misery!!!
                                Bailey another.
                                Horses welfare paramount but there surely comes a time to grab the bull by the horns?

Comment

Working...
                                X