Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min would and should be fav over Footpad over any trip. 2m to 2m5f anyway.

If Min beats Footpad over 2m I don't think they would feel obliged to change there plans (if there plan is to send Min Ryanair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Why have you changed your mind on Shattered Love for this race CoD?
      Irish Gold Cup entry, word hasn't changed from connections either, prices are hard to gauge as she has drifted for both races anyway.

I suspect we will get confirmation for ourselves after the Irish Gold Cup, IF she doesn't perform in that she'll be back down in trip I am sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Min would and should be fav over Footpad over any trip. 2m to 2m5f anyway.

If Min beats Footpad over 2m I don't think they would feel obliged to change there plans (if there plan is to send Min Ryanair)
        That's a big IF anyway.

Don't you get the feeling they think Footpad is better than Min over any trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          Has no bearing if Min beats Footpad over 2miles? Surely that would put Footpad's participation in the QMCC in doubt? He clearly has stayed further in the past.

On form Min should be fav, but i presume most have assumed Min would be campaiged over the intermediate trip?
          Sorry, yeah, with regards to Footpad it may have a bearing, I was focused on Min (for whatever reason ) think he stays in the Ryanair regardless, they want to avoid Altior and to be quite honest if you were Ricci would you want to see your horse chasing the arse of the best horse in training for a third time or attempt to give it the best chance possible in an easier race?

Comment

• Min drifting on betfair here, did I miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
              Min drifting on betfair here, did I miss something?
              Lay him, then you definitely won't miss anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                That's a big IF anyway.

I think they did, I am not sure they still can?

If Footpad beats Min then nothing changes either in terms of targets?

Comment

• Thanks very helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                    That's a big IF anyway.

Don't think Footpad would get closer to Altior than Min did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Don't think Footpad would get closer to Altior than Min did last year.
                      I suppose he's more unexposed, he hasn't met him yet so we don't KNOW (obviously it looks a bloomin' obvious case he can't)... whereas Min, we KNOW, cannot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I suppose he's more unexposed, he hasn't met him yet so we don't KNOW (obviously it looks a bloomin' obvious case he can't)... whereas Min, we KNOW, cannot.
                        Yup, but come Feb, if Min beats him over 2miles....surely that throws the targets up in the air again, given Footpad can defo run over further. Perhaps they'll all go to the Ryanair? Ruby wouldn't be too happy....

Mullins has Min, Footpad + UDS, they can't all avoid Altior...

Comment

• Interesting words from Henry about Monalee:
                          'I did always think he was an out-an-out three-miler but at this stage I'm not so sure. We'll give three miles another go in the Irish Gold Cup and see how that goes. I think he deserves another shot at it.'

Comment

• Huge respect for HDB but I can’t take his judgement of a preferred distance seriously since he had Sizing John spend 3 seasons over 2 miles only for the horse to join Jessie and win a Gold Cup....

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Interesting words from Henry about Monalee:
                              'I did always think he was an out-an-out three-miler but at this stage I'm not so sure. We'll give three miles another go in the Irish Gold Cup and see how that goes. I think he deserves another shot at it.'
                              No other real option for him, I can see why they'd give it a go.

If he won it, they'd have a tougher decision to make

Comment

• We're crushing Holding Ante Post this year

Andy Holding | 08:43 Thursday 17th January 2019
                                One runner in particular has caught our racing expert's eye.
                                In many respects, arguably the most difficult Grade 1 championship race of the Festival to get a handle on from an ante-post perspective largely due to the vast number of options open to many of the runners at this stage. However, in the likelihood that we could see another small field similar to last season, it makes sense to look towards this race with a degree more positivity and try and come up with angle on something that is firstly, likely to run, and secondly, has solid course form.Min looks to be the obvious candidate at first glance, but given that he’s still on course for the two-mile contest at the Dublin Racing Festival and it’s still inconclusive whether Cheltenham is his track, Willie Mullins’ gelding makes little appeal at his current price. Of the other two possible entries for the Co Carlow handler, Footpad remains on the easy list after suffering a setback on his seasonal return and brilliant though Un De Sceaux has been for connections over the years, he did get well put in his place last year by Balko des Flos and no 11-year-old has ever won the race.Since winning this race last year, Balko Des Flos has be regarded as a slight disappointment and unless he comes back to life in the Irish Gold Cup next time out, he’s hard to fancy with any degree of confidence. Henry De Bromhead does, however, have a potentially intriguing contender for this race in the shape of MONALEE (best price 8-1 NRNB) despite going down the same route at time of writing, and the eight-year-old makes the most appeal of those towards the top of the betting for several reasons. Firstly, connections seem to have spent quite a while trying to put a square peg in a round hole with the son of Milan when he blatantly looks like he doesn’t get three miles over fences at Championship level and secondly, the way he travels and jumps, he looks tailor made for the examination of the Ryanair on the New Course.Campaigned as an RSA horse as a novice last season, the strapping gelding ran a brave race at the Festival to be second to Presenting Percy, but having travelled like the best horse for a long way, the long climb up the hill in testing ground found him out. Similar comments also apply to his only other Cheltenham visit in the previous season’s Albert Bartlett when chasing home Penhill and the big issue regarding his stamina once again reared its ugly head at Leopardstown last time out. Again, everything went smoothly for him through the early part of the race at the Dublin venue, but once asked for maximum effort rounding the home turn and on the run-in, he just simply didn’t have the answers to the stronger-staying winner Kemboy. Likely to be given another go to get the trip in the Irish Gold Cup in a few weeks’ time, only a convincing win would see him staying over three miles and even so, it’s hard to envisage him charging up the hill in the Gold Cup on soft ground over the stiffest 3m 2f in the land. Surely, therefore, a likely defeat at Leopardstown can only leave him with one option left were he to be aimed at Cheltenham and that has to be the Ryanair. Either way, with the NRNB option in place with several firms, it makes sense to take advantage of that offer and back this classy chaser prior to his next engagement in the hope that he runs well, but not well enough to book his ticket to the blue riband in two months’ time.

Comment

Working...
                                X