Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inglis Drever View Post
    Interesting runner tomorrow in the first at fakenham - didtheyleaveuoutto , Bags of speed in bumpers last year but looks very ground dependant
    Love this horse. Not a massive amount of confidence in the trainer, but on good ground he'll be a real threat. That turn of foot on debut at Lingfield was breathtaking... not sure if supreme or ballymore more likely but took a bit of the 20s any race with hills a few weeks ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
      Love this horse. Not a massive amount of confidence in the trainer, but on good ground he'll be a real threat. That turn of foot on debut at Lingfield was breathtaking... not sure if supreme or ballymore more likely but took a bit of the 20s any race with hills a few weeks ago
      I think his price is a reflection of the trainer and I would have the same concerns. He’s by Presenting and the trainer mentioned longer trips in a piece I read but he’s actually shortest for the Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        I think his price is a reflection of the trainer and I would have the same concerns. He’s by Presenting and the trainer mentioned longer trips in a piece I read but he’s actually shortest for the Supreme.
        He's not priced up for the Ballymore on the exchanges (Betfair), but a small, but significant amount of money for him for the Supreme on there. He's not gone unbacked, put it that way. Hard to compete with a Ricci/Mullins runner at the head of the betting of course, but more money for him than say Pym, and only just shy of the amount Felix Desjy has attracted, and both of these have a win under their belts.

Comment

• Annamix (grey) has a giant stride and is very exciting according to Willie Mullins
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Annamix (grey) has a giant stride and is very exciting according to Willie Mullins
            Got to be the 'one' this season, right?

Comment

• Didtheyleaveuoutto got the job done and a bit like Pym, will likely learn a lot from that. Step up in trip a possibility, was sketchy early on as to be expected with the majority of novices.

Comment

• Yea I thought jumping was a bit ponderous for the first few but got better as the race went on, will certainly learn alot from it.

Comment

• Didtheyleaveuoutto been cut with 365 for that Supreme 25/1-16/1 , and Ballymore 50/1 - 25/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Annamix (grey) has a giant stride and is very exciting according to Willie Mullins
                    I do love a grey and a big stride.

I can't wait for Annamix to make his debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Didtheyleaveuoutto got the job done and a bit like Pym, will likely learn a lot from that. Step up in trip a possibility, was sketchy early on as to be expected with the majority of novices.
                      Not seen the race yet, but did he hit the line as well as Pym? (Did he need to? )

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Not seen the race yet, but did he hit the line as well as Pym? (Did he need to? )
                        Needed to be ridden out, yeah, stayed on at the line, and possibly won it a little more comfortably than the distance suggests as the run in after the last hurdle at Fakenham is pretty short.

Comment

Needed to be ridden out, yeah, stayed on at the line, and possibly won it a little more comfortably than the distance suggests as the run in after the last hurdle at Fakenham is pretty short.
                          Okay thanks, will have a look tonight. I have backed for the Ballymore so I'm pleased to see him half in price. Can't imagine he's going to be my 'one' for the race but the odds are going in the right direction.

Comment

• Novicey earlier but improved as he went on. Horse learned a bit and rest us very little.

Comment

• I backed starjac , thought he gave D.T.L.u.o.2 a good race at a decent price - 14-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                                Novicey earlier but improved as he went on. Horse learned a bit and rest us very little.
                                I'm not as happy as I was before I watched the race that's for sure...

I don't think he looks to have enough pace for 2 miles based on that debut... but equally I'm not sure he's better than a 50/1 shot in the Ballymore.

I'll keep a close eye on his next run - hoping for plenty of improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X