Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    Yes I thought the same thing regards Brewin’upastorm who is also earmarked for the intermediate trip. As we all know plans are fluid and it would make sense to me to look to split them up especially if TD performs well today. Possible of course he could have them both the other way round.
    Yeah, quite possibly so RC.

On another note, Annamix seems even stronger on the exchanges now, not much money against him, just the £78 @ 8's & 7's combined, after that a big jump down to 3's!

Comment

• Two nice horses and both could figure at Chelts imo....

Still undecided on the best trip for Thomas Darby... a really fast run 2m could suit him well. Think I will leave both bets at 25/1 running for a while as cant really see his price changing much on the back of that.

Blimey... PP have shortened both to 12/1 for the Supreme!

Comment

• Funny old race that was, seemed to crawl along or was it just me?

Thomas Darby will have preferred a stronger pace, that much I am sure of, and Didtheyleaveuoutto could have gone further IMO, no chance of him getting outpaced in that race today but would have been interesting with a stronger gallop on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Funny old race that was, seemed to crawl along or was it just me?

Thomas Darby will have preferred a stronger pace, that much I am sure of, and Didtheyleaveuoutto could have gone further IMO, no chance of him getting outpaced in that race today but would have been interesting with a stronger gallop on.
          Totally agree CoD.. they went slowly and that really suited the winner as he clearly has a better turn of foot. Think 25/1 on Thomas Darby would be a decent ew play in whichever race he goes for though. Still very keen and he has plenty more to come Id say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Totally agree CoD.. they went slowly and that really suited the winner as he clearly has a better turn of foot. Think 25/1 on Thomas Darby would be a decent ew play in whichever race he goes for though. Still very keen and he has plenty more to come Id say.
            Yeah definitely more to come for sure. I always associate horses with a turn of foot for the Ballymore, no idea why, just the visual aspect as they quicken clear as they round that bend. Faugheen, Yorkhill & Samcro all had that. I could see the JP horse ending up in the Ballymore but TD in this race myself, but just opinions as this very early stage still.

The horse in 3rd on debut for Tizzard ran well too, and again may be suited by more of a test. Will keep an eye on him next time out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              I'm also really happy with Thomas Darby. 25/1 for both races is very fair indeed.

Comment

• I've backed the first both for the Ballymore and after today's race Thomas Darby looks the more likely to go that route. Didtheyleaveuoutto looked very pacey and jumped a lot better today. The fact they pulled so far clear shows they are both quality horses.

Comment

• Could there be a rematch at Kempton on Boxing Day? It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• Good ride by Barry. TD needs to improve jumping.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                      Good ride by Barry. TD needs to improve jumping.
                      Yes fine ride indeed from Barry. Timed his run to perfection.

Comment

• Would question what trip will be best for DTLUOT, surely there’s no chance you could hold on to him that long in The Supreme?

Comment

• I know they blamed the soft ground for Didtheyleaveuoutto flopping at Chelts, but he could well need a flat track to show his best for me. Its a definite bonus Thomas Darby has already proved he can power up the hill and Id definitely fancy TD to reverse form at Chelts.

Comment

• I know I sound like a broken record with regards to breeding but I can’t have a Presenting progeny winning the Supreme. I also posted a comment from the trainer stating he’d need a trip this season. Ballymore I could see DTLYOT being a player but not the Supreme.

Comment

• DTLUOT was rode with extreme confidence , followed TB every move throughout race , tells me they know what they got. he got pace to burn , Barry was probably surprised the second kept him up to his work right to the line. Interesting conncections felt that ground was borderline to him showing his best and that potent turn of foot on and they adament he will be kept to good ground with just one more run before cheltenham. Find comments bordering on bullish and he being campaigned like a very good horse (touch of the Binocular & Capt Cee Bee about it).

TB certainly ran a great race and more to come id say.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                I know I sound like a broken record with regards to breeding but I can’t have a Presenting progeny winning the Supreme. I also posted a comment from the trainer stating he’d need a trip this season. Ballymore I could see DTLYOT being a player but not the Supreme.
                                I'm with you on that Jackie.

Comment

Working...
                                X