Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    It’s Mullins stable tour day in the paper today
    Tornado Flyer “He should do well in Novice hurdles and it could be that 2m will be his trip this season”
    Carefully Selected “He appreciates cut in the ground and should make into a smart staying Novice hurdler”
    Blackbow “He’ll probably start out over 2m then step up in trip”
    I can’t have Flemensfirth progeny winning the Supreme so I’ll only backing Tornado Flyer for the Ballymore if that seems the route. He’ll be a good trade option either was as he’ll win his maiden and be cut across the board. My avoidance of Flemensfirth progeny for the Supreme has stood the test of time so I won’t change now.

Comment

• My reasoning behind backing royal rendezvous.

Ruby Walsh said: "Jumping has brought a bit of improvement from his bumpers; he looked a bit quicker today than he did in bumpers. He settled reasonably well.

"Today's ground isn't usual Galway ground in October and it's nearly good ground; it's barely slow."

After race at Tipperary Sun, 7th Oct, 2018 (1st) We were very disappointed in Galway when he just ran a bit keen and the atmosphere probably got to him a bit too. We put the hood on him and it has helped him to relax. Sometimes horses that work so well at home need their first run back but I think he is a horse with a high cruising speed and I hope to get a third bumper out of him. He could also go jumping so we'll have to sit down and argue that one!. Last season he had a setback when he had been doing good work but is back now and he has stood up to three runs. They have done a fantastic job with the ground here and deserve an awful lot of credit. W P Mullins

After race at Downpatrick Mon, 27th Aug, 2018 (1st) We got a little messed around at the start in Galway. It didn't go to plan and he ran very keen. Today we decided we would just let him use his stride and let him gallop and that's what we thought he might do in Galway. We think he is a very good horse. I'm not sure whether he'll go for a winners' bumper or he'll go jumping. I think what he shows us at home says he's a good horse, so hopefully onwards and upwards from there. W P Mullins

And I also know that he's very well thought of at home.
      I'm in the annamix camp but there's no guarentee any horse makes to the festival so I loke to have a plan b when they're at there biggest prices.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Thinking of a 25 point Annamix, Tiger Roll double. Feels a bit crazy but I can’t see Tiger Roll being beaten and I have bought into the Annamix hype coupled with the fact that this years crop don’t look too good. I haven’t bought into the hype in years past with the Mullins/Ricci Supreme horse and been wrong and the fact they have been very strong this year and last on Annamix (and I think last years crop of novices was a good one) makes me think it’s worth it.

Mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vautour View Post
          Thinking of a 25 point Annamix, Tiger Roll double. Feels a bit crazy but I can’t see Tiger Roll being beaten and I have bought into the Annamix hype coupled with the fact that this years crop don’t look too good. I haven’t bought into the hype in years past with the Mullins/Ricci Supreme horse and been wrong and the fact they have been very strong this year and last on Annamix (and I think last years crop of novices was a good one) makes me think it’s worth it.

Mad?
          What is the most points you'd put on a race/bet?

25 points i's a monumental amount on a horse that you've never seen run (or with 1 run in France).

Depends on how many points you'd stake in total. I've always believed it's 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 points

Comment

• I really want a back up to Annamix... just cant find anything else i like!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              I really want a back up to Annamix... just cant find anything else i like!
              I think this is the problem CCM. Usually something about, or at least word of a horse or 2, but seems pretty quiet on that front. Maybe Mullins holds the key, what with his bumper horses too, who are yet to be unleashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                I think this is the problem CCM. Usually something about, or at least word of a horse or 2, but seems pretty quiet on that front. Maybe Mullins holds the key, what with his bumper horses too, who are yet to be unleashed.
                Yes but most of his look like they want a trip to me. He seems very well stocked for the Ballymore and AB, but not so much for the Supreme. As much as Quick Grabim was unlucky the last day, I cant really see him being good enough to win a Supreme.

Blackbow showed plenty of speed as a bumper horse and I just wonder if he could be one who could switch to the Supreme in the event of Annamix not being quite as good as they hope. Just going to keep my powder dry for the time being and wait to see what Annamix does first time up I think.

Comment

• Has Aramon been overlooked? Won on the bridle, jumps well.

Comment

• I cant remember a worse looking Supreme at this stage of a season tbh.... this might be the year a mare like Epatante decides to have a go with the 7lb allowance.

Comment

I cant remember a worse looking Supreme at this stage of a season tbh.... this might be the year a mare like Epatante decides to have a go with the 7lb allowance.
                      Don't think I could back a mare myself, think the record, albeit a small amount of data to work with, is pretty negative, and whilst we should play each horse on merit, there are some stats that I do like to stick to, and this is one of them.

Comment

I cant remember a worse looking Supreme at this stage of a season tbh.... this might be the year a mare like Epatante decides to have a go with the 7lb allowance.
                        It could be that the lack of rain has prevented some decent horses from running?.Let's hope so

Comment

• Originally posted by Welshman View Post
                          It could be that the lack of rain has prevented some decent horses from running?.Let's hope so
                          Yes true enough. But when you look down the antepost lists there just doesn't feel as though there are as many potential candidates as in previous years .

Comment

You know it makes sense !!!! 33/1 to find out!

Comment

• More blue for Annamix today, only 365 with the 10's left now, it's 8's across the board.

I would probably say the weight of money is down to the lack of opposition so far this season, and the positive light in which Annamix is mentioned in relation to other potential runners in this. Or maybe with Navan coming up and we hit December he will be out soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                More blue for Annamix today, only 365 with the 10's left now, it's 8's across the board.

I would probably say the weight of money is down to the lack of opposition so far this season, and the positive light in which Annamix is mentioned in relation to other potential runners in this. Or maybe with Navan coming up and we hit December he will be out soon!
                                The November meeting gets casual punters thinking about The Festival so I imagine loads jumped on Annamix for the historically successful mullins/ricci combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X