Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    RE – THE QUICK GRABIM INCIDENT
    I thought I’d have my say.
    The blunt comment made by Scooby on said horse, was in my opinion disrespectful and ill judged.
    Disrespectful as it was made without care and thought for other forum members.
    It is a fact that this has not been made public through official methods of communication.
    It is a fact that many of us have bets, big and small on this horse, so this sort of comment, given the context and lack of any caveat is not helpful.
    Scooby is also a professional punter, so will no doubt trade both as a backer and layer, and therefore comments like this could give rise to suspicion. I’m not saying or accusing anyone of anything with this, but it is possible, which is why more care should be taken when making comments like this.
    I attempted to nip it in the bud and mildly admonish the ill-judged comment with a simple three letter word tit/tut.
    It is completely natural for others to then continue to question Scooby and ask him to elaborate and clarify his comments, which I’m sure he had no problem doing.
    I don’t think any of that is really slagging or unacceptable.
    What was disappointing, was there was no real attempt at an apology, which I believe many of us having made the same ‘mistake’ would have offered. Again, in my rule book – a lack of respect. But maybe Scooby felt that adding more clarity to his original comment was sufficient, which is fair enough.
    We also got many well-meaning attempts at conciliarity, although some came across a little sycophantic, to which others responded with an attempt at humour. Again, I personally had no problem with any of that.

With regards Scooby’s bets being published, I respect this, as it’s one million times better than after timing for sure. But it’s probably opening himself up too much as one or two mistakes cutting and pasting and adding and deleting (and odd bit of editing) and people are naturally going to question the integrity therein.
    Again, I’m sure he has no problem, as Scooby’s done on numerous occasion’s already, responding to questions on this with ‘evidence’ as he calls it.
    Scooby is a great contributor to this forum, although his communication style tales some adapting to for some, as does mine I’m sure, and other members for that matter. The unfortunate habit of stating opinion as fact and getting ahead of himself (due to his positive mindset) will no doubt cause some conversation on occasions.
    Equally my attempts at sarcasm will not always be well received, but it’s well intentioned and I can take it too. Believe it or not I’m as bullish as Scooby in person, I just try to moderate myself a little in this context. I Just can’t help the sarky comments every now and then.
    Anyhow, there endeth the sermon.
    Good Luck one and all.

PS, bit longer than Tit/Tut, apologies.
    Words of the day.

Comment

• Big cut for klassical dream in the supreme novice
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• It's the middle of Jan, and I have no idea what wins the supreme.

Nothing at the front of the market has huge appeal - Angel's Breath may go on to be huge, but on what I've seen so far my fivers are staying in my pocket.

All I've got is this rather useless looking docket for Annamix!

Quite the puzzle

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Big cut for klassical dream in the supreme novice
          I've doubled my stake on him. 3 pts ew now.

Was considering it last night but that'll do.

The form being franked was a big plus and even though it wasn't VDH's best form.

Best of an under achieving bunch from Mullins so far I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

The form being franked was a big plus and even though it wasn't VDH's best form.

Yep I added him yesterday at 28/1 with the boost.

Comment

• Surprised he wasn't cut yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Has one of the tipsters put him up?

I was surprised that my precautionary cover of Elixir D'ainay got cut for finishing a well held second yesterday. PP aren't even quoting him. Anyone got a case for keeping the slip? Haven't seen any sectional breakdowns yet.

Comment

• Bobby, it was his first run for Mullins who hasn't been firing that great. Vision D'Honneur looked good yesterday + he was well beaten at Leop- very possible your horse will progress in his next run. Might as well hold onto it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    Bobby, it was his first run for Mullins who hasn't been firing that great. Vision D'Honneur looked good yesterday + he was well beaten at Leop- very possible your horse will progress in his next run. Might as well hold onto it.
                    Given that Mullins hasn't been firing great should make Klassical Dream's win all the better too, right?

Form franked also. Surprised 20's are still available myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Given that Mullins hasn't been firing great should make Klassical Dream's win all the better too, right?

Form franked also. Surprised 20's are still available myself.
                      Yeah, runners to winners, he was firing better at Xmas than he is even now- but he wasn't all out fantastic then either.

I thought KD got to the front early enough + didn't take the last that well- so on the day he was value for a bit more.

Comment

• Now we can confirm Quick Grabim is out of the festival!

Comment

• Cash out still available

Comment

• Just cashed for a small profit

Comment

• Explains why Paddy cut KD.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Now we can confirm Quick Grabim is out of the festival!
                                Cheers COD, cashed out for a profit!

Comment

Working...
                                X