Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone spot any post-race comments from Hendo regarding Pym? I was quite taken with the performance in what might turn out to be a decent race for the time of year. He really seemed to warm to the task as the race went on, jumped pretty slickly and battled well when challenged after being forced into making all the running (which Nico admitted wasn't the plan). I wouldn't make much of the time being marginally slower than Div 2 as they wasted a few seconds at the start when nobody wanted to make it. Nico then took the initiative but it looked a pretty steady pace through the early stages.

Interesting that Alan King thinks the 2nd is one of his better novices.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
      Did anyone spot any post-race comments from Hendo regarding Pym? I was quite taken with the performance in what might turn out to be a decent race for the time of year. He really seemed to warm to the task as the race went on, jumped pretty slickly and battled well when challenged after being forced into making all the running (which Nico admitted wasn't the plan). I wouldn't make much of the time being marginally slower than Div 2 as they wasted a few seconds at the start when nobody wanted to make it. Nico then took the initiative but it looked a pretty steady pace through the early stages.

Interesting that Alan King thinks the 2nd is one of his better novices.
      Funnily enough I was just catching up and re-watched the Pym race from yesterday, also looked at the back form etc... and I don't think that will turn out to be a bad race at all. Agree with what you have put with regards to making the running etc... however I still think he is a potential Supreme horse more than a Ballymore horse myself.

Comment

Yep I've gone any race on him COD. In fact all my bets so far are on the any race market - I'm employing one of the lessons I said I would take from last season! I'm not sure there'll be a desperate rush to step him up in trip, I think the fact he looked stronger the further they went was as much down to him 'getting the hang of it' rather than necessarily 'crying out for further'.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
          Yep I've gone any race on him COD. In fact all my bets so far are on the any race market - I'm employing one of the lessons I said I would take from last season! I'm not sure there'll be a desperate rush to step him up in trip, I think the fact he looked stronger the further they went was as much down to him 'getting the hang of it' rather than necessarily 'crying out for further'.
          Agree entirely. I too have gone 'any race' however I may take a smaller position on the 33's for the Supreme myself. Maybe another Ricci vs Pugh showdown in the Supreme!

Comment

I’d usually err on the side of caution myself and go ‘any race’ if there’s not much difference in price but I can’t remember many Stowaways being at there optimum at 2m. His pedigree suggests he’ll want a trip to me. He got burned for pace by Danny Kirwan in there bumper last year but closed the gap staying on to the finishing post.
            Last edited by SeanRock; 15 October 2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I posted this in the AntePost Bets thread but will also include it here.

Is PYM still being aimed at the Supreme?

No, he wouldn’t be a Supreme horse and in my opinion he’ll get further so if it is anything the Ballymore will be more likely, but it’s a big if. He schooled this morning and jumped very well. I hope to have him out in the next few weeks.

Taken from the NH Unibet Blog last season...

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                I’d usually err on the side of caution myself and go ‘any race’ if there’s not much difference in price but I can’t remember many Stowaways being at there optimum at 2m. His pedigree suggests he’ll want a trip to me. He got burned for pace by Danny Kirwan in there bumper last year but closed the gap staying on to the finishing post.
                Champagne Fever won the Supreme mate, maybe not 'optimum' but a cause to have some form of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                  I posted this in the AntePost Bets thread but will also include it here.

Is PYM still being aimed at the Supreme?

No, he wouldn’t be a Supreme horse and in my opinion he’ll get further so if it is anything the Ballymore will be more likely, but it’s a big if. He schooled this morning and jumped very well. I hope to have him out in the next few weeks.

Taken from the NH Unibet Blog last season...
                  Valid point and quote Innoko, but this is Henderson after all, Binocular was once out of the Cheltenham Festival before winning a Champion Hurdle

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    Commander of Fleet is one of my bigger antepost bets placed so far.
                    I am a little suspicious regarding C.of F. form. First the clock was 10 seconds slower than the last race on the same day also G Elliott did not know what he had considering its price and the Land Rover winner does not have a good record when it comes to Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Valid point and quote Innoko, but this is Henderson after all, Binocular was once out of the Cheltenham Festival before winning a Champion Hurdle
                      An even more valid point COD

Comment

Champagne Fever won the Supreme mate, maybe not 'optimum' but a cause to have some form of hope.
                        Can’t believe I forgot about his most famous son, good spot �� Definitely cause for hope alright. It was either 22’s any race or 45’s Supreme/Ballymore I think at those odds it was worth chancing a specific target.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          Can’t believe I forgot about his most famous son, good spot �� Definitely cause for hope alright. It was either 22’s any race or 45’s Supreme/Ballymore I think at those odds it was worth chancing a specific target.
                          Stowaway also sired Blackbow so will be interesting to see what Willie does with him, though obviously the dam side of things will likely have some effect too on decisions, and of course, not every bit breeding turns out the way you'd expect so who knows mate!

Every chance Pym ends up here still, and have indeed backed him 'any race' anyway, but my gut is telling me Supreme will be the target if good enough that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            I am a little suspicious regarding C.of F. form. First the clock was 10 seconds slower than the last race on the same day also G Elliott did not know what he had considering its price and the Land Rover winner does not have a good record when it comes to Cheltenham.

All true but has there been a more impressive winner visually? This horse has some gears and has a winner ever won by that far?

Regarding his price, he wasn't too well supported on his P2P either which had just 4 runners, there was 2/1JFs and COF and the other horse were both 3s. He was the only one to finish but had beat the last horse standing before he was PU easily. He may very well be a horse who shows little at home.

Regarding the clock, a slow pace, bunched field and a 3m P2P winner don't tend to go hand in hand but this fella absolutely blew the rest away.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              All true but has there been a more impressive winner visually? This horse has some gears and has a winner ever won by that far?

Regarding his price, he wasn't too well supported on his P2P either which had just 4 runners, there was 2/1JFs and COF and the other horse were both 3s. He was the only one to finish but had beat the last horse standing before he was PU easily. He may very well be a horse who shows little at home.

Regarding the clock, a slow pace, bunched field and a 3m P2P winner don't tend to go hand in hand but this fella absolutely blew the rest away.
                              I backed him in that bumper so I don't dislike him. And You can only beat what's infront of you, But I'd be suprised if he hasn't beat very little there. Column of fire was raw and green. I think the winner just knew his job . And would have got spanked in the punchestown champion bumper
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Stowaway also sired Blackbow so will be interesting to see what Willie does with him, though obviously the dam side of things will likely have some effect too on decisions, and of course, not every bit breeding turns out the way you'd expect so who knows mate!

Every chance Pym ends up here still, and have indeed backed him 'any race' anyway, but my gut is telling me Supreme will be the target if good enough that is.
                                Hey lads. I think the key to Pym is Kempton. Kempton is just a track I associate with Henderson, I always like backing his horses there. However, he doesn't tend to run horses for this race at Kempton.

You might find the odd one in the last few years such as Cup Final but I think Nicky thought he was a Supreme horse but after he got stuffed twice by Irving threw him in here hoping that he might improve for a step up.

Simonsig went to Ascot, Sandown and Kelso.
                                Chatterbox went to Newbury twice.
                                Vyta Du Roc went to Cheltenham, Sandown & Newbury.
                                On The Blind Side who I think we can all agree was coming here hadn't been near the place either.
                                Finian's rainbow who was a champion chaser (all beit a poor renewal) won a bumper at Kempton but didn't go near the place over hurdles before finishing 5th in this taking in Newbury x2 and Ascot.

Who went to Kempton as a novice, River Wilde, Altior, Josses Hill, Vaniteux, Darlan.
                                Huntingdon seems to be another place where he sends Supreme horses with Buveur D'Air, Tent & Spirit Son also taking in that.

Comment

Working...
                                X