Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon's potential ballymore horses

Commander of fleet
    Cool getaway
    Feel my pulse
    Getaway john
    Vision dhonneur
    Invincible cave
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Gordon's potential ballymore horses

Commander of fleet
      Cool getaway
      Feel my pulse
      Getaway john
      Vision dhonneur
      Invincible cave
      Feel My Pulse will probably stick to bumpers wouldn't he? Winning a PTP in march, he was very impressive.

Vision Dhonneur, COF, Invincible Cave, Getaway John all have had a few entries over hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
        Feel My Pulse will probably stick to bumpers wouldn't he? Winning a PTP in march, he was very impressive.

Vision Dhonneur, COF, Invincible Cave, Getaway John all have had a few entries over hurdles.
        Goes straight for a maiden hurdle according to connections. Same for cool getaway set to skip bumpers and has serious ptp form.

Comment

• Not sure where they go with Pym now, not up to standard for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
            Not sure where they go with Pym now, not up to standard for me.
            Starting to look like this seasons Jenkins, they'll find a couple of 'caps for him somewhere but ultimately he doesn't look top table material...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
              Not sure where they go with Pym now, not up to standard for me.
              Yeah he's probably just not top drawer, todays run was an improvement on last time out and his jumping was a lot sharper but Coolanly has decent form in the book and he made the extra years experience/strength pay up the hill. I think both will probably line up in the Ballymore in March.

Im not totally giving up hope on him just yet anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Agree regarding his price, and did write about recency bias with regards to so many thinking he will be the Ballymore horse, of course, he may still turn out to be, but the 16's is poor really.

That all said, I have gone in on the exchanges on him, and glad they have found, what looks like a nice, easy introduction, so I can lay it off once he shortens after hopefully winning on debut, which was always my plan anyway.
                Is the price any worse than Annamix though yet everyone has piled into him? At least with Commander Of Fleet you have a visual performance to form an opinion yet no one outside of Mullins yard knows what Annamix can do.

I don't think it's lazy or even recency bias more the fact that he put up a visually impressive performance and their had been lots of positive comments about him too. 16/1 based on the performance and connections is very fair in today's crazy ante post markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  Is the price any worse than Annamix though yet everyone has piled into him? At least with Commander Of Fleet you have a visual performance to form an opinion yet no one outside of Mullins yard knows what Annamix can do.

I don't think it's lazy or even recency bias more the fact that he put up a visually impressive performance and their had been lots of positive comments about him too. 16/1 based on the performance and connections is very fair in today's crazy ante post markets.
                  Annamix was 20's though. The weight of money has caused the current price, of which I agree is now way too short!

COF was priced at 16's because of Samcro, no doubt about that for me. Samcro was 20's at one point!!

Comment

Annamix was 20's though. The weight of money has caused the current price, of which I agree is now way too short!

COF was priced at 16's because of Samcro, no doubt about that for me. Samcro was 20's at one point!!
                    The bookies are the one's setting these opening ante post prices and they're going to be cautious after what happened with Samcro. Also, every year it seems the opening prices get less generous. But as a punter if 16/1 is the biggest available and you know he's going to shorten, what else can you do?

Comment

• From Gordon Elliott Betfair blog about Commander Of Fleet

He's going to start out in a two and a half mile maiden hurdle and I'm hoping he is bright prospect for the coming months. After winning his point-to-point for Pat Doyle he came to us last spring and he couldn't have been any more impressive in winning the Land Rover Bumper at Punchestown in April.

Column Of Fire, who was second that day, boosted the form by winning last weekend which was encouraging. As ever he is going to improve from this but he is working nicely and has schooled well so hopefully he will be thereabouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        The bookies are the one's setting these opening ante post prices and they're going to be cautious after what happened with Samcro. Also, every year it seems the opening prices get less generous. But as a punter if 16/1 is the biggest available and you know he's going to shorten, what else can you do?
                        For me, as I had said previously, I played him on the exchanges with a view to laying him off. He was slightly bigger on the exchanges prior to this entry.

I fully expect him to win easily tomorrow, and likely won't learn much about him unfortunately.

Comment

For me, as I had said previously, I played him on the exchanges with a view to laying him off. He was slightly bigger on the exchanges prior to this entry.

I fully expect him to win easily tomorrow, and likely won't learn much about him unfortunately.
                          Yeah tomorrow should be a procession for him given the odds and I agree nothing will be learned but the inevitable shortening of his price.

Comment

• Not sure what to make of Pyms run today. He jumped well throughout and I can't make any excuses really. Coolanly ran in good company last season and probably more than anything made his experience count? He ran second behind Vinndication, contested both the Ballymore and Aintree festival in the Spring and fav for the Persian War so it wasn't a big shock by any means but where next for Pym? Just bumped into a couple of good horses and deserves another go at the middle distance?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Not sure what to make of Pyms run today. He jumped well throughout and I can't make any excuses really. Coolanly ran in good company last season and probably more than anything made his experience count? He ran second behind Vinndication, contested both the Ballymore and Aintree festival in the Spring and fav for the Persian War so it wasn't a big shock by any means but where next for Pym? Just bumped into a couple of good horses and deserves another go at the middle distance?
                              I think he's at the right trip now but I have to say he's probably not good enough for the top table. He could end up in a handicap but if he runs in anything else at the Festival he may be looking for a place at the very best.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                                Not sure what to make of Pyms run today. He jumped well throughout and I can't make any excuses really. Coolanly ran in good company last season and probably more than anything made his experience count? He ran second behind Vinndication, contested both the Ballymore and Aintree festival in the Spring and fav for the Persian War so it wasn't a big shock by any means but where next for Pym? Just bumped into a couple of good horses and deserves another go at the middle distance?
                                If he goes to chelt he'll be likely in the martin pipe. Without sugar coating it, In all honesty he's no chance in a grade 1 novice at chelt. He dosent look particularly likely to be ahead of his mark at 138 on what he's shown. But for anyone who's got him any race that's what you'd be hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X