Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beakstown @ 14/1 NRNB

Barring the last, his jumping at Warwick was near enough foot perfect, and I really like the way he travelled and won the race. Tanked along at a strong pace and he showed a bit of star quality in race that has produced The New One, Willoughby Court, Inglis Drever, No Refuge, Carruthers.

In terms of how this market develops, Champ and Battleoverdoyen will be smashed up by the English and Irish and I think whatever Ruby pics will also shorten significantly. In behind them is a horse like Beakstown who arrived in the Skelton yard with a tall reputation and Harry has said he is potentially the best he’s every ridden.

Won’t necessarily be the most talked about or move too much in the market, but I really like him for this.

Comment

• ...bit of Oddschecker blue for Galvin in this, still a big price though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
        I think they’re more likely to switch Sinoria to this (if they choose to not run both in the Mares novice) - Honeysuckle’s been campaigned solely in Mares events - whilst Sinoria has always run against the lads. Given they are same owner/trainer it’s possible they may split them up.
        They have both been given a rating of 142 (see Martin Pipe weights). I would love Sinoria to come here but have a feeling the Martin Pipe with Dylan Robinson riding might be tempting. For me, 2 1/2 miles on the Old Course and the 7lb allowance would be best as opposed to the much greater stamina test on the New course for the Martin Pipe. I certainly wouldn't be thinking the mares Novice with a 5 pound penalty....or maybe that's the 50/1 slip for this racing talking!

Comment

• Didn’t Dylan get a three year ban today?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/...657887239?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Muswell View Post
              Didn’t Dylan get a three year ban today?
              It would appear so!! Blame it on me being 5 hours behind! (and the fact that i had forgotten he had been caught - another one at Galway). Anyway..now much more reason to come here!!
              Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 1 March 2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                It would appear so!! Blame it on me being 5 hours behind! (and the fact that i had forgotten he had been caught - another one at Galway). Anyway..now much more reason to come here!!
                My 100/1 slip is hoping she comes here too!

Comment

• The more I see preview nights the more I fancy BoD for this, a lot of people fancy him, not talking him up like they did Samcro but all very keen on him, I can see BoD going of fav & @12s he is my biggest single stake winner and would pay for my whole festival (like Samcro did last year), so I'm crossing my fingers and toes..
                  Last edited by Sirbetalot; 1 March 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• With champagne platinum out....birchdale comes here?
                    It would make sense to have 2 in either race rather then 1 in the ballymore and 3 in the spud race

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                      With champagne platinum out....birchdale comes here?
                      It would make sense to have 2 in either race rather then 1 in the ballymore and 3 in the spud race
                      Won't have that will they, Birchdale works all over Champ

Comment

• I’m coming round to Battleoverdoyen but for a horse unbeaten under rules there just doesn’t seem the same hype there was with Samcro and he’s still a big price

Comment

• BOD for me too but he's nowhere near as impressive as Samcro was/is. Thought he made hard enough work of his last win but did respond well. Nice horse though and thankfully Gordon has already said chasing is 100% on the cards next year.

Comment

• Champ should be in the spud imo

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Champ should be in the spud imo
                              Said this plenty myself Mayo. Was a bit of an unpopular opinion though, surprise surprise

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                                They have both been given a rating of 142 (see Martin Pipe weights). I would love Sinoria to come here but have a feeling the Martin Pipe with Dylan Robinson riding might be tempting. For me, 2 1/2 miles on the Old Course and the 7lb allowance would be best as opposed to the much greater stamina test on the New course for the Martin Pipe. I certainly wouldn't be thinking the mares Novice with a 5 pound penalty....or maybe that's the 50/1 slip for this racing talking!
                                Henry de Bromhead-

“She is owned by the same man as Honeysuckle, Kenny Alexander, and I think we’ll keep them apart. The Ballymore could be the race for her, but she’s also entered in the Martin Pipe. She’s a half-sister to Minella Rocco and I think she’ll stay well. She did well to overcome the drop back to two miles last time.”

Comment

Working...
                                X