Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Free Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been meaning to post for a while on the significant drop in free bets across the industry. I'm not sure they will ever reach last year's grand heights where you could pick them up with very little effort each week. I don't just mean the bet club offers but all the other ones like Coral's back a footy team to win and get a free 5 for every goal scored in the match (up to 3).

Looking at my records for last season I amassed a pretty amazing £3,490 in free bets for the Festival (split between 2 of us). This year I am on £750 (split between 2) and there is no chance I will get near last year's total, in part because I have lost a few offers on accounts (that I will replace) but more due to the significant reduction in free bets across the industry. I think they found out they were losing more than they realised and took evasive action.

I understand those who have been antepost betting far longer than me when they say that the prices are not what they used to be but I do think you have to take into consideration free bets and cash out as part of the whole picture. My concern would be that after the free bet scale back cash out could be next (especially as only one real bookie that does it) fingers crossed that ain't anytime soon
    Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 24 October 2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely right, free bet farming isn't a long term prospect to make money and neither it's the cash out option.

Im riding the latter while I can but think it's important top
      remember that fundamentally it's about backing horses that are too big a price.

Anything else is a bonus.

BOG is the biggest benefit for me week on week still, on average anyway

Comment

• It's just the knock on effect from the restriction of FOBTs. Bookmakers are finding they can't afford to have all these promotions and loss leaders now that the pipe line of easy money has been stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          It's just the knock on effect from the restriction of FOBTs. Bookmakers are finding they can't afford to have all these promotions and loss leaders now that the pipe line of easy money has been stopped.
          Great point FM

Comment

• I'm hitting the wall on Restricted Accounts too, anyone with a betting pattern that isn't one they fancy gets restricted much quicker now too.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Working...
            X