Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think Quik Grabim could end up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
      Anyone think Quik Grabim could end up here.
      Not for me?

Won the grade 1 over 2m, did them for toe in a slowly run race - didn't strike me as a staying type.

Can't imagine a step up to 3m this season... maybe in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Not for me?

Won the grade 1 over 2m, did them for toe in a slowly run race - didn't strike me as a staying type.

Can't imagine a step up to 3m this season... maybe in the future.
        I'm just going to keep an eye on it, not having a bet at this moment but...

Long Dog won this went to AB. Bachasson was a close 2nd from LD and also went for it.

Penhill was a well held 4th and won the AB. Arlie Beach won that year went mares and Saturnas 2nd didn't go or make (not sure) festival.

As Mullins proper horses come out it will be interesting to see where QG ranks.

You're going back to Champagne Fever for the last Mullins horse to run in this and Supreme.

Also think having a bit of pace is a huge advantage in 3m races.
        Last edited by Folski; 2 December 2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Long Dog ran on heavy 2m4 before that. Different profile. Quick Grabim has got gears.

Comment

• Battleoverdoyen would interest me in this. Entered up at the weekend
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
              Anyone think Quik Grabim could end up here.
              I think there is only one race QG ends up in and that is the Supreme myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Battleoverdoyen would interest me in this. Entered up at the weekend
                I’d put Battleoverdoyen down as one for the 2020 ‘any race’ market after his bumper win and Elliott’s comments of not doing anything with him this season. Has he had a change of plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by lloydy View Post
                  I’d put Battleoverdoyen down as one for the 2020 ‘any race’ market after his bumper win and Elliott’s comments of not doing anything with him this season. Has he had a change of plan?
                  Change of plan

Comment

• Change of plan didn't work so we'll for Column of Fire.

Bit desperate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Change of plan didn't work so we'll for Column of Fire.

Bit desperate?
                      Because the form of column of fire / commander of fleet. Isn't all that. Battlroverdoyen is a classy dour stayer.

Comment

• Does Paul Nicholls not like this race, cant remember the last time he had a runner. I know he likes to look after his future staying chasers, Very speculative at this stage, but Danny Whizzbang's point win really couldnt really have worked out any better

Comment

• Time To Move On makes his long awaited (at least for me) debut in the first at Wetherby tomorrow over 2m5f on his preferred soft ground. I’m still keen on him this season but I’m fairly certain he’ll be looked after and probably skip the festival especially on good ground. I’d expect him to win tomorrow and they’ve booked Noel Fehily which gives me more confidence. Regardless of this season I think he’ll most certainly be on my RSA shortlist for next season as fences should be where he excels.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            Time To Move On makes his long awaited (at least for me) debut in the first at Wetherby tomorrow over 2m5f on his preferred soft ground. I’m still keen on him this season but I’m fairly certain he’ll be looked after and probably skip the festival especially on good ground. I’d expect him to win tomorrow and they’ve booked Noel Fehily which gives me more confidence. Regardless of this season I think he’ll most certainly be on my RSA shortlist for next season as fences should be where he excels.
                            That was too stinky to be true! I'm the kiss of death at the moment as the other horse I mentioned for today (Eldorado Allen) was brought down by a crazy off the flat.

I think I take a vow of silence

Comment

• A speculative/unfashionable one that’s appeared on my radar for this is DARLAC for the Tizzards who obviously won the race last year. He came from the PtP field where he finished a close 2nd to Gowiththeflow, a good horse of Ben Pauling’s who ran in last season’s Ballymore. After easily winning his maiden he was pitched into Grade 2 company at Cheltenham in Nov finishing a very respectable 4th behind Coolanly after being outpaced and staying on well over 2m 5f. He followed that up yesterday at Sandown with 2nd in another Grade 2 behind Alsa Mix - again staying on strongly and looking like benefitting from a step up in trip. That’s 2 solid performances in graded races over the intermediate trip and each on very different ground, so seems versatile in that sense. I’ve added to B365 at 50/1 and at that price I don’t need much convincing to have a small EW play with the back up of cash out, while keeping an eye on how his season progresses from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                That was too stinky to be true! I'm the kiss of death at the moment as the other horse I mentioned for today (Eldorado Allen) was brought down by a crazy off the flat.

I think I take a vow of silence
                                It was not a good day at my office either - he is better than that

Comment

Working...
                                X