Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers King/Kev eagerly anticipating his first run this season.

Comment

• King Kev - I could get used to that

Comment

• Nicky Henderson reported Altior to be in “spectacular form” after the star chaser enjoyed a racecourse gallop at Newbury on Tuesday.
        The eight-year-old is unbeaten in 14 starts over jumps – a run that features three successive wins at the Cheltenham Festival, including last season’s Queen Mother Champion Chase.
        Having sidestepped a possible outing in last weekend’s Shloer Chase at Prestbury Park, he instead made an appearance at Newbury’s Ladbrokes Winter Carnival gallops morning, enjoying a solo spin in the hands of conditional jockey Ned Curtis.
        Henderson revealed it is the first time Altior has worked on grass this season, and he is now counting down the days until his intended reappearance in the Tingle Creek at Sandown on December 8.

“I couldn’t have been happier with that. It was a much-needed away day for him and he’s just had a nice stretch over a mile and a half,” said the Seven Barrows handler.
        “He’s in seriously good form – spectacular form.”
        He did a bit of work the other day and I said, 'the King George?'. You'd be better off in the King's Stand!

Should Altior come through the Tingle Creek unscathed, he has the option of tackling to three miles for the first time in the King George
        VI Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day.
        However, Henderson does not envisage his stable star stepping up in distance any time soon.
        He added: “I was talking to someone the other day and they mentioned the King George, but he did a bit of work the other day and I said, ‘the King George?’. You’d be better off in the King’s Stand!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          King Kev - I could get used to that
          ALL HAIL THE KING !!!!!! <

Comment

• If you had to make a shortlist of 3 horses for this race, only including horses that have had a run this season, what would they be?

Saint Calvados - Obviously
            Sceau Royal - HAs been fortunate to have avoided Footpad/Altior in his career, so is technically unexposed (despite me being confident both would have beat him and burst his bubble somewhat) but you can't knock his technique and until proven, he's not without a chance.
            Footpad - Not based on his comeback, but he has had a run and obviously didn't run his race. He's a better horse than the two above.

Comment

• Sceau Royal would be the only one for me.

But Altior is clearly going to win unless he gets injured. He’s a racing certainty.

I still find it laughable that people believed footpad was at his level. Worlds apart.

Comment

If you had to make a shortlist of 3 horses for this race, only including horses that have had a run this season, what would they be?

Fixed for you Kev

Comment

• Hahaha

Best horse in training.

He slams Altior next Saturday. Altior ends up licking his wounds and going for the King George to replace the flop that is Might Bite.

Related Double.....

Saint Calvados QMCC / Altior Gold Cup

Comment

• Sceau royal ew
                    Sceau royal ew
                    Sceau royal ew
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Hahaha

Best horse in training.

He slams Altior next Saturday. Altior ends up licking his wounds and going for the King George to replace the flop that is Might Bite.

Related Double.....

Saint Calvados QMCC / Altior Gold Cup
                      Just out of interest do you genuinely think st calvados finishes infront of sceau royal on Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Just out of interest do you genuinely think st calvados finishes infront of sceau royal on Saturday?
                        No, I think Saint Calvados will be trying to win the race and will not be able to beat Altior, so Sceau Royal will have a flattering 'placed effort'.

I'd back SC in a 2 horse race against SR but I am not expecting SC to win the Tingle Creek.

I'd love it if he's better than I thought though.

Comment

No, I think Saint Calvados will be trying to win the race and will not be able to beat Altior, so Sceau Royal will have a flattering 'placed effort'.

I'd back SC in a 2 horse race against SR but I am not expecting SC to win the Tingle Creek.

I'd love it if he's better than I thought though.
                          Absolute madness but I genuinely think SR can put it up to Altior. I'd be dissapointed if he's not atleast 2nd. im sure Altior will beat him and get past but I just think he can have him at it and not win as comfortable as usual.

Comment

• I’m at sandown this weekend, looking forward to seeing altior again. I’m hoping most of the candidates take up their chance in the race. Had a bad feeling all week that altior will have a below par/ off day race on Saturday. I have no reason to think this or evidence to back it up so we will see

Comment

• Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
                              I’m at sandown this weekend, looking forward to seeing altior again. I’m hoping most of the candidates take up their chance in the race. Had a bad feeling all week that altior will have a below par/ off day race on Saturday. I have no reason to think this or evidence to back it up so we will see
                              Don't worry thistlecracker, he will be 'niggled along' 2 out before that engine and speed kicks in and he will then bolt up on the absolute snaff.

Comment

• Wouldn't be the worst thing if Altior does run below par. We will just get a better price for March!

Comment

Working...
                                X